Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Anyone interested in a precision manual? You're gonna get one with SP1c!

I just finished the long awaited PMDG 737NGX Tutorial #2 in the wee hours of the morning here tonight.You'll be getting all the advanced PMDG 737NGX instruction you can handle, including:
  • 140+ pages, 24,000 words, over 100 screenshots and 6 saved flights/panel states.
  • The full blown "cold and dark" normal procedures, exactly as Boeing has prescribed them.
  • System tests.
  • Fuel and performance planning.
  • Noise abatement takeoffs.
  • Use of winds aloft and ISA deviation predictions.
  • Advanced FMC route modifications.
  • Using raw data as a check on the FMC's position.
  • Advanced use of the HGS during takeoff and a handflown visual approach.
  • Advanced visual approach techniques.
  • Tons of cool little things you probably didn't know about the systems and the FMC.
  • And more...

All of this will be yours with SP1c very soon! When we say precision manuals, we aren't kidding!

You guys really have no idea how much time and effort Ryan has put into this. The beta team is going over it right now and this is not just a how to get from point a to point b tutorial, it is a behind the scenes look at WHY we do the things we do and what specifically we should be paying attention to on the flightdeck. I have learned as much or more about the NGX from this tutorial than any of the docs I have read in the past. Not only am I gaining an understanding of how to do things but why I am doing it in the first place!Incredibly immersive, incredibly well thought out, incredibly well put together, incredibly informative, can you see a pattern here...I actually sat here outside of FS with my FS system shut down and did nothing but read. Don't think I have EVER done that in my entire FS "career" lol...You are all in for a wonderful treat!-Paul Solk

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Any chance of a leak? :(
Sure, just make sure you're done before you start the tutorial! :(

I remember when the second tutorial was said to come out a week after the launch of the NGX but I'm sure that if that happened, we would not have seen the same amount of content and detail that we will see now that Ryan has had time to properly integrate so much.

Sure, just make sure you're done before you start the tutorial! :(
Well it's a bit late now, I've been waiting two days for permisson. You had better come round and clean up. Raised%20Eyebrow.gif Edited by Methylparaben154

You guys really have no idea how much time and effort Ryan has put into this. The beta team is going over it right now and this is not just a how to get from point a to point b tutorial, it is a behind the scenes look at WHY we do the things we do and what specifically we should be paying attention to on the flightdeck. I have learned as much or more about the NGX from this tutorial than any of the docs I have read in the past. Not only am I gaining an understanding of how to do things but why I am doing it in the first place!Incredibly immersive, incredibly well thought out, incredibly well put together, incredibly informative, can you see a pattern here...I actually sat here outside of FS with my FS system shut down and did nothing but read. Don't think I have EVER done that in my entire FS "career" lol...You are all in for a wonderful treat!-Paul Solk
Looking for any more good beta testers ?Fred.

Great news Ryan than you, looks like a lot of fun, can't wait :)

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

Yeah..Nice one Ryan, im looking forward to this!

Chris Howard

I imagine that PMDG just wants to get it right when they release the next SP and the SDK. Remember, they're in the driver's seat, and who can blame them for taking the time and trouble to "get it right" before moving farther along with the 737NGX product? Captain Randazzo has said that things they are developing for the NGX will be cross-platform for their new birds as they roll out, which ultimately will shorten the development time, and result in ever more robust and amazing aircraft, yes?All you can say about PMDG is their stuff is WORTH waiting for, be it a new a/c or a refinement such as the upcoming new Ryan Maziarz NGX Tutorial2. Sure, we're all like spoiled children, clamoring for the new toy... and the waiting IS painful. But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!I can share with you when iFly rushed their NG onto the market, it had some serious ISSUES, and the resolution was far from smooth. The very first iterations of the iFly had issues from the installer to the airplane, and updates were frequent and awkward. PMDG has a sterling reputation to protect, and a level of quality and detail that I have found on no competitor's aircraft thus far. If I were PMDG management, I too would 'go slow' and make sure that the SP, SDK and Tutorial2 release was smooth and painless, to further build brand loyalty and enhance product reputation. Better to delay and get it right than to rush it and beg forgiveness.If we were honest, our expectations of PMDG are sky-high compared to what we hope for or expect from their competition. Kind of like comparing Ferrari with KIA. They're both cars. No one expects perfection from a KIA. A Ferrari? A much different set of expectations.

Edited by rsm

R. Scott McDonald  B738/L   Information is anecdotal only-without guarantee & user assumes all risks of use thereof.                                               

RQbrZCm.jpg

KqRTzMZ.jpg

Click here for my YouTube channel

Hmmm sp is bug fixes, it's not till we see sp2 that well see enhancements, so kind of goes against statement of perfection. And a Kia more likely to be perfect than a ferrari actually, 5 year warranty with Kia, you won't get that on a Ferrari. Tis simple fact with software that no amount of going slow makes it work, otherwise we wouldn't have had 3 Hotfixes and be on sp1c, all of which were to fix bugs. The best way to fix something is to let people break it.