Sign in to follow this  
vector

I've given in - iFly B737

I have never had any problems using the Flight1 wrapper system. Re-downloads are easy and re-activating keys only takes a few seconds. It's a good reliable system, and easily the best around at the moment. I cannot imagine what "issues" some people must have?

Graeme Butler

I don't intend to sound banal, but wasn't it for the above means, there could be few payware developers around.I will add myself to the group of simmers happy with the Flight1 wrapper. Literally zero problems so far.
Don't know. I see a lot of those ''protected'' addons floating around the Internet cracked... It sucks that people are dishonest, but I don't want to pay for it - pun unintended :)Developers have to do what they see fit and I will make my purchases accordingly.
I have never had any problems using the Flight1 wrapper system. Re-downloads are easy and re-activating keys only takes a few seconds. It's a good reliable system, and easily the best around at the moment. I cannot imagine what "issues" some people must have?
I don't have a few seconds to spare (I'm slow so it takes me a bit longer). My biggest issue is that there are so many different systems around that keeping track of all the codes, serials, passwords, e-mail recets, credit card numbers etc. is getting tedious. Some addons don't have any protection and I applaud them with a purchase.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Until they start selling Flightsim addons on Steam, Flight1 is the best alternative.

Don't know. I see a lot of those ''protected'' addons floating around the Internet cracked... It sucks that people are dishonest, but I don't want to pay for it - pun unintended :)Developers have to do what they see fit and I will make my purchases accordingly.I don't have a few seconds to spare (I'm slow so it takes me a bit longer). My biggest issue is that there are so many different systems around that keeping track of all the codes, serials, passwords, e-mail recets, credit card numbers etc. is getting tedious. Some addons don't have any protection and I applaud them with a purchase.
The only person saying they have issues with the Flight 1 wrapper is also the only one that mentions he "sees a lot of cracked Flight 1 software around." HmmmmI don't. And I don't go looking for it... Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

He who goes looking for cracked software runs the risk of downloading a pile of viruses and being prosecuted for theft.David

The only person saying they have issues with the Flight 1 wrapper is also the only one that mentions he "sees a lot of cracked Flight 1 software around." HmmmmI don't. And I don't go looking for it...
Be very careful throwing out innuendos like that... It takes little more than a google search to get spammed with torrent links!
He who goes looking for cracked software runs the risk of downloading a pile of viruses and being prosecuted for theft.
A fitting punishment indeed!

A fitting punishment indeed!
Which one - the viruses or the prosecution !!!! Nar, both !!David

Viruses of course :) Then they come here and whine about CTDs :)On a serious note though, unless the Internet is closed down we'll have to live with both piracy and viruses. That's is one of the reasons I don't like software that forces me to connect to the Internet. My computer is very rarely onlie, and I don't have any firewall or anti-virus software installed (False security and resource hogs). I wan't to download what I buy once and be done with it, preferably I want a DVD or CD. I use an iPad to surf the net, and no viruses there - yet!

Edited by simmerhead

My computer is very rarely onlie
Then looks like you are missing real world weather and VATSIM.I couldn't imagine flying offline, especially when it comes to weather updates.
I don't have any firewall or anti-virus software installed (False security and resource hogs)
To be honest I have never experienced false security (maybe except what Win 7 sometimes tends to do itself). Plus I have my FS9 excluded from live scanning when flying. No resource problems.Simmerhead, I am writing it not to polemize but to let you know that maybe you gain little and miss a lot by thinking so strict.

Thanks Rafal. I'm sure I'm missing out on something, but the FS world has grown so large with so many addons and things to do that I can't possibly do it all :) What a luxury problem! Besides, no VATSIM controllers present where I fly, so it's not for me. Real world weather is nice, but I prefer creating my own weather themes based on real world METARS. I live just outside the fence of a large airport and the weather in FS rarely matches what I can see outside my window. REX didn't improve on this. I haven't used Active Sky for a while and for FS2004 it was sure a nice improvement. The nice thing about a simulator is that I can ignore real weather and all the tedious tasks of real flight such as filing flight plans, writing logbook entries, doing preflights etc.I've worked in IT and used to run the servers and workstations of my workplace. I can tell you, no anti-virus or firewall stopped us from getting infected. Sure, they took 99% of threats, but anti-virus software isn't created equal and they all have different strenghts and weaknesses. My computer stores my bread and butter photography archive so I am better safe than sorry. I just don't want to risk anything. Yes I have backups, but we all know how much time it takes to get a new computer up and running. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2372364,00.asp

Never had a problem with F1. The oft-maligned simmarket is also somewhere I usually get stuff from as all my purchases and download links and serials are kept in one handy place.

Be very careful throwing out innuendos like that... It takes little more than a google search to get spammed with torrent links!A fitting punishment indeed!
Sorry simmer'. I didn't mean to insinuate you stole the things. Reading over it it sure looks that way, but I just meant it was a little ridiculous faulting the Flight 1 wrapper because pirates have defeated it.Either way, you don't run AV or a firewall, don't use your firewall, and stay disconnected from the internet. With all of that in mind, I effectively disregard your opinions on products. :(

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Either way, you don't run AV or a firewall, don't use your firewall, and stay disconnected from the internet. With all of that in mind, I effectively disregard your opinions on products. :(
And so you should! There is nothing wrong in having different opinions about products. :)And to be crystal clear - I never claimed a Flight1 product had been cracked. It was a general statement backed up by reading about the issue from many developers over the years. Edited by simmerhead

Thanks Rafal. I'm sure I'm missing out on something,
Simmerhead, you're not missing out on anything. My flightsim PC has never and will never be connected to the internet, and contains no programs, no anti-virus, nothing except Windows XP and FS2004. My dedicated FS9 PC is solely for FS2004, not surfing the internet...
I couldn't imagine flying offline, especially when it comes to weather updates.
I couldn't imagine flying online with weather updates, just not accurate if you're replicating a flight in the past (even if you use past weather).Before any flight, I create a weather file containing all the required metars (using a program of course.). When my flight prep work is finished, I copy all the required flight plans, weather files etc to my FS9 PC.Vatsim, been there done that... No good unless you have ATC at the airports you fly in and out of. So many times, you set up a flight and the destination ATC closes down before you arrive. No thanks. Different strokes for different folks. Keeping my FS9 PC free of all the crap you install from the internet, keeps my FS9 PC free of any performance issues and I've never had one CTD or OOM. (I don't use the 3GB switch).RJ Edited by 3Green

That's the beauty of this hobby. So many different ways to enjoy FS!