Sign in to follow this  
A320FAN

What do you think of GSX by FSDT ?

I have AES by Aerosoft and have been looking at dropping that in favour of GSX. While I understand that it works with FSX default airports, will it work with other third party airports like Orbx and Aerosoft?

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

... will it work with other third party airports like Orbx and Aerosoft?
Absolutely, yes.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

What i like about GSX:One off paymentWorks at EVERY airportConstantly updatedNo messing about configuring aircraftLooks excellentSounds excellentDifferent handlers at different airportsPushback seems more realisticDoesnt take you to a gate which another aircraft is atTells you which gates are freeNo need to buy creditsBuilt for FSXOh and did i mention its a one off payment?!

Chris Howard

I have both AES and GSX and like others already said GSX is truly great in many ways. However for now I decided to stick to AES because I like the way it's tailor-made for the airports it supports. Sure it's expensive compared to GSX but I guess what program would suit you best depends on how you fly. Personally I only fly to Freja Viking's real destinations which I have AES compatible scenery for and in this case I like AES better and somehow it feels more realistic but that is my personal opinion. If you on the other hand fly to lots of different FSX standard airports of course GSX would be your choice.

Richard Åsberg

Thanks for the info fellas. Me thinks it's credit card time...again :(

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I have AES by Aerosoft and have been looking at dropping that in favour of GSX. While I understand that it works with FSX default airports, will it work with other third party airports like Orbx and Aerosoft?
howard i got most of the orbx airports and gsx works great but i think theres one airport that it doesnt work and that pakt one and its been noted , one thing good about gsx is that u can update it with in fsx you dont have to exit out of fsx

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I'll be buying it today!!!! :(
you wont be disappointed

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Great addon, great support on their forum, great support update (every day by now) last but not least very good price/qualityRegards,Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

What really impressed me was the relatively bug free way it worked right from the get go. FSDT deserve a lot of credit for that too.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I think it's awesome. I really like that if the afcad doesn't have pushback available at the gate (fly tampa KBOS, KTPA) you can edit it in the sim right there on the fly.

I think that it will be quite awesome too. It has a few rough edges at present, but the responses to problems are quite incredible. I am sure that I shall be a long-term happy customer of GSX.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx