Sign in to follow this  
CrashEd

Tutorial #2 Preparation

Guys,Unless they fixed it in the last couple of months, Aerosoft have had major issues with Amsterdam, I got 10fps vc constantly when I tried last year..The forum is littered with this problem, it is the same guy who did mega airport Brussels [also in the worst affected scenerys]

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Guys,Unless they fixed it in the last couple of months, Aerosoft have had major issues with Amsterdam, I got 10fps vc constantly when I tried last year..The forum is littered with this problem, it is the same guy who did mega airport Brussels [also in the worst affected scenerys]
I just went and looked .. 23 FPS - EHAM, initially anyway. Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I also seem to be getting ~22 FPS at EHAM on an Intel 920 @ 3.9GHz. It's not smooth though and quite choppy at times.Innsbruck seems to be fine, no ill effects around the hills.

Edited by CrashEd

Ed Haslam

I just went and looked .. 23 FPS - EHAM, initially anyway.
With all due respect, what do you get at other sceneries? My graphics settings are much higher.Kindest regards,

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Turn on electrics, fill the FMC data and connect to vatsim and move camera to the terminals.EHAM is very poor on FPS. Great airport but not enjoyable because of big frame kill (for actually not very good quality). Just compare to FPS+QUALITY of FSDT sceneries.

Any well detailed scenery and you will pay a price, but you should do better than that with your specs. Unless of course your settings are out of line.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hello,For everyone who's interested in Amsterdam Schiphol (EHAM) scenery:you can get high quality photographic scenery of The Netherlands, including all airports in detail, for free!Just go to http://www.nl-2000.com for details. It is a huge scenery but it is modular so you can download just the parts you need.

I landed at EHAM last night and taxied to the main terminal. Still got 22FPS but it was choppy at times, but usable. The options are, smooth/featureless FSX EHAM, or choppy slightly better Aerosoft EHAM. Not sure which is better tbh. The ground textures are pretty naff for the Aerosoft EHAM I have to say. UK2000 are light years ahead in that respect...With all UK2000 airports (except Heathrow), my FPS hit the limiter (set at 30FPS) and are silky smooth (almost). I have Vsync on 8QS antialiasing.

Edited by CrashEd

Ed Haslam

Has anyone got VoxATC 6? They released a new version recently that supports SIDs and STARS. It also supports freeware voice packs... I might give it a try.I've had it with Radar Contact. It's flakey at best and tends to lead me on a merry dance once I get handed over to 'Centre'. I could get that for free with the MS FSX ATC!

Ed Haslam

With all due respect, what do you get at other sceneries? My graphics settings are much higher.Kindest regards,
Ok,I went an lit off the software I run to test.FSbuild, AS2012, Ezdok, EHAM departure FMC, TrackIr, FS RealTime, 2 monitors each at 1920x1080.FPS varies 23 to 26 and all is smooth. At this point all is OK for me PMDGNGX-FSX SP2. I have not the best PC .. I am Happy. Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

Dude, you are showing half of VC and no terminals with windowed mode. 23 is not smooth...

Edited by Jet_Airliner

Hello,For everyone who's interested in Amsterdam Schiphol (EHAM) scenery:you can get high quality photographic scenery of The Netherlands, including all airports in detail, for free!Just go to http://www.nl-2000.com for details. It is a huge scenery but it is modular so you can download just the parts you need.
Thanks for that, I was alwasys disapointed with the framerates of the Aerosoft EHAM (thought it was only me!)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Dude, you are showing half of VC and no terminals with windowed mode. 23 is not smooth...
Dude,It is smooth for me. Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,