Sign in to follow this  
CrashEd

Tutorial #2 Preparation

Just wondered what addons and utilities people are getting together in preparation for the upcoming Tutorial #2. As I understand it, it will be a flight from Amsterdam, Schipol to LOWI. I've also heard that TopCat will also be involved for those who already have it. Other than that, I don't know too many other details.What I have:- Aerosoft Approaching Innsbruck- Navigraph charts for Schipol and LOWI- TOPCAT- Active Sky 2012- FSBuild- Paper and ink for the printer!What I intend to get hold of:- Aerosoft Mega Airport Amsterdam X*- Beer on IceAnything else?* Is Amsterdam X Mega Airport worth getting? The last time I thought about buying it I heard that the performance in FSX wasn't that great. Is a Cray super computer still needed to run in (particularly with the NGX?). i.e. would I be wasting my money? Are there any alternatives?
Sounds like it will be a good PMDGNGX training flight.Mega Airport Amsterdam and - Aerosoft Approaching Innsbruck come ready (work with) FS9.1 and FSX .. is that correct?- Navigraph charts for Schipol and LOWI ...Are there other sources for these SIDs/STARs?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Guys,The actual addons the tutorial uses (all optional of course) are:Active Sky 2012TOPCATAerosoft Approaching InnsbruckCharts are included in the tutorial PDF

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guys,The actual addons the tutorial uses (all optional of course) are:Active Sky 2012TOPCATAerosoft Approaching InnsbruckCharts are included in the tutorial PDF
Sounds good .. I will go get Innsbruck scenery and I will be ready for a test flight.

Best Regards,

If i had one criticism of Aerosoft's scenery it would be their water textures. To me they are a little on the fake side. Which of course, they are.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Are these gates (or parking) correct for LOWI today?

Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

Beer on Ice?*shudder*You're from the US, I presume?LOL
Beer (Lager) = always on ice, never ever room temperature!!Ale = now that's a different matter all together ;-)
Many thanks Ryan, looks like I've got it covered.

Ed Haslam

Beer on Ice?*shudder*You're from the US, I presume?LOL
Warm beer?:: double shudder::Although, after drinking Canadian beer, I have to say our beer sucks.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Everyone should get the "Transavia Airlines" 737-700,800,300 DVD from JustPlanes. It has this complete R/W flight flown and explained very well. A great tool for the preparation.http://www.worldairroutes.com/Transavia.html
Looks good, will check it out. Say, for example, I got the DVD version of Mega Airport Amsterdam X, how would I get hold of the lastest version? (inc. patches etc). Can I download the latest version and just use the key from the DVD?

Ed Haslam

I didn't use specific real world gates and stuff by the way guys - Innsbruck actually doesn't even have "gates" per se, it's just a small tarmac and you pull up in front of the terminal.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I didn't use specific real world gates and stuff by the way guys - Innsbruck actually doesn't even have "gates" per se, it's just a small tarmac and you pull up in front of the terminal.
Thanks Ryan. Presumably it will still be a cold and dark from the ramp at Schipol though?

Ed Haslam

Hey guys, I just picked up Innsbruck yesterday as well, in preperation for Ryan's tutorial (I already had Amsterdam). Everything with Innsburck looks good a crisp, but compared to all my all other (many) payware sceneries, I notice a significant LOD line on the side of the mountains, when looking not too far down the valley. With all the stuff running in my Sig below, I presume it's just the nature of the very steep (awesome) mountains while running FSX at a default LOD 4.5.Do you folks pretty much see the same thing - those with similar settings & rigs?Oh, with regard to the OP, I have hot coffee,ready for reading the tutorial offline, and beer on ice, ready for a few approaches. :(

Edited by jordanal

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

just got the innsbruck scenery the other day and hadnt taken much notice of the lod lines on the mountains since havnt looked that far ahead lol but will check it out next time iam there

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hey guys, I just picked up Innsbruck yesterday as well, in preperation for Ryan's tutorial (I already had Amsterdam). Everything with Innsburck looks good a crisp, but compared to all my all other (many) payware sceneries, I notice a significant LOD line on the side of the mountains, when looking not too far down the valley. With all the stuff running in my Sig below, I presume it's just the nature of the very steep (awesome) mountains while running FSX at a default LOD 4.5.Do you folks pretty much see the same thing - those with similar settings & rigs?Oh, with regard to the OP, I have hot coffee,ready for reading the tutorial offline, and beer on ice, ready for a few approaches. Talk%20to%20the%20Hand.gif
I just got LOWI and EHAM also.Could you post a screenshot and point to the problem areas? Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,