Sign in to follow this  
FlyIce

Best plane for sight-seeing VFR in FSX?

I love people,that ask questions and are not seen again,for the answers.

Scott

Sightseeing gems:

Katana 4x

Ant's Sierra

Baytower RV7

Realair Lancair

Carenado 337

Flight 1 BN2 Islander

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

RealAir scout package! High wing, great visibility, simple cockpit, great FDE. Its slow, but at least you can do aerobatics while going slow!

RealAir scout package! High wing, great visibility, simple cockpit, great FDE. Its slow, but at least you can do aerobatics while going slow!

+1

Bert

The Baytower and Legacy are great planes, make no mistake about it, I have both in my hangar. BUT, they are low wing, I love the Carenado Grand Caravan, it has high wings, incredible surround view from the cockpit and has the ability to drop in and out of short strips like a bag of stone if need be!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I have been back to MS Flight Simulator for about three months now. Built and overclocked a new computer just for FSX. I have three Orbx packages and especially love PNW scenery since I live in Portland.

Exclusively I fly low and slow and love enjoying the scenery coupled with REX Essential textures powered by the AS2012 weather engine. It just doesn't get much better.

Of the planes I have purchased, the Baytower RV-7 is my absolute favorite. It comes close to the perfect plane.

For low and slow flying, the ANT's Ultralight which has an unlimited field of vision -- also, love the sound of the wind when flying. Not too many people mention the Ultralight, but it comes close to the RV-7 as my favorite.

One last set of planes not to over look is the RealAir Citabria, Decathlon and Scout package. Yes it is a five years old and somewhat shows it's age of design, but it is so darn fun to fly, has a great field of vision and even has an autopilot. I just love the RealAir products.

Baytower RV-7AFast, fun to hand-fly. Great modeling, visually and performance wise.

+1 for BTS RV7!!!

Ubelievably good fps and great view all around!

A little bit more of a hog, but Realair Lancair has virtually no view obstruction, and a VFR favorite for me

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

A little bit more of a hog, but Realair Lancair has virtually no view obstruction, and a VFR favorite for me

I agree, the plane is an absolute stunner, but yes, it is an amazing frame hog. On my system it's even more of a hog, albeit slightly, than the NGX!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

I agree, the plane is an absolute stunner, but yes, it is an amazing frame hog. On my system it's even more of a hog, albeit slightly, than the NGX!

Hm... that's not what I heard from others... Worrying. I thought about buying it tomorrow but I have FSX running pretty good now and I can't use a plane to bring down performance again... Maybe I should just stick with the RV-7A...

Hm... that's not what I heard from others... Worrying. I thought about buying it tomorrow but I have FSX running pretty good now and I can't use a plane to bring down performance again... Maybe I should just stick with the RV-7A...

Hi Jeroen, well, you know what they say... every system is different. I know, I was surprised at how hungry it is, but it is nevertheless a stunner of an aircraft. I fly it far more than the RV-7, even though that too is a great plane.

Howard

Happily, I am getting pretty good FPS performance on a 3 year old Dell laptop, though strangely I still prefer the Duke. I would recommend buying it if you like single engines. Upto usual RealAir standards.

Don't let me deter you from purchasing it because its truly an amazing Realair creation. And maybe I overstated the fps impact, as it actually runs decently on my 2600 i7 no OC in Orbx areas with traffic and weather.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

STOP IT! GO GET IT!

glad you're back. :o

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

You can't go wrong with either the Aerosoft OV-10 Bronco or the Carenado C-337 Skymaster for sight seeing.