Sign in to follow this  
trevorbee

Before we move on to Alaska

How about MS fill in some gaps?Some people badly need Track IR support.Other people badly need to see AI traffic.I badly need to see traffic on the roads and activity at the airports.Currently it is a well done but sterile world.Should MS complete the picture before moving on?

Some people badly need Track IR support.
HelloTotal silence from the Flight! team about TrackIR and Toe brakes on the Beta forum.If they do not make it into the Alaska pack then I doubt they will bother.I do not think you will see Ai and road traffic until they are sure that the target markets PC's can handle it otherwise they will just get slammed about the FPS drop. Flight is what it is because it is designed to run well on any fairly recent hardware.Throw every detail from FSX back into Flight! and the same performance issues will arise as we see now with Dual core/ XP32 boxes.

I say "bring on Alaska"! I would really like a change of scenery. Then they can bring what you want... ;) Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

+100 on the Track IR support.If it doesn't make it in for Alaska, I will not be purchasing any more dlc and going forward any further with it.Even though I am enjoying it very much at this time, that would be a deal breaker for me.

I love Flight just the way it is. It runs butter smooth on my mid range computer and does a good job of simulating flight. Great game included in the package. I will continue to buy DLC for it as long as they continue in the direction they are going. If they add all the things that you are asking for and the performance takes a big hit then they have lost me as a customer. You can't please everyone.

As for me road traffic is not a must, same with IR tracking (and I'd guess that it is relatively lower priority because of total number of pilots using these tools). What I love since Flight Unlimited 2 is thorough communication with ATC and at least some traffic. As Flight is quite community focused I'd say that easiest way would be implementing at least simple level of ATC into the multiplayer - that would set aside need to create AI and the effort could be concetrated into just creating good interface. And that would be awesome...

How about MS fill in some gaps?Some people badly need Track IR support.Other people badly need to see AI traffic.I badly need to see traffic on the roads and activity at the airports.Currently it is a well done but sterile world.Should MS complete the picture before moving on?
I have to agree with some other posters - a big concern by Microsoft may be adding these elements without a big drop in frame rate. While I don't feel any of these are "needs", I would also like to see some AI aircraft, and some ATC...but not if I have to take a big hit in graphics or FPS.But - I find it interesting that these points are brought up. It seems Flight isn't as bad as some expected - asking for more from Flight, instead of abandoning it to return to FS9 or FSX, is (to me) good for Flight, and good for what Microsoft seems to be trying to accomplish. Of course, this is entirely my opinion!

Track IR and toe brake support is something I'd expect to see addressed via a patch or update of the core engine, not as part of a DLC package.

I couldnt care less about road traffic, but some ai traffic in air would be great and some life at the airports, its really a showstopper that there is nothing at all going on at airports. Its beyond me that the developers cant see that this is needed.

Short answer is yes...This is why it's insane to jump on board the 'No 3PD' development bandwagon. This list could be dwindled down a bit with other eyes looking at the program besides Microsoft. I think of programs like:FSUIPCRadar Contactto name a few that could help in some areas Microsoft might not get to. Someone could figure out the TrackIR problem. We're going to see more of this with a closed platform in the future. You can take it to the bank Alaska is going to need some AI to make that world come alive. I hope Mircosoft understands this. A sterile world that big is going to be worse than flying around Hawaii with no other life.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Its beyond me that the developers cant see that this is needed.
Personally, I think they see the need for TrackIR and AI traffic plain as day. However, there is only so much that they can do right now. They have a brand new, feldgling product that is *far* from complete and their resources can only do a few things at a time. They are getting requests for features from every possible direction at this time: Scenery, planes, AI, TrackIR, AP, and ATC are just a few of hundreds of requests queued up against this 10 day old V1.0 application. I'd think they are going to fill the highest, most profitable demands first and, as resources are freed and 'higher order' demands are met, less profitable, yet no less important features will be added. Time will tell.

Track IR and toe brake support is something I'd expect to see addressed via a patch or update of the core engine, not as part of a DLC package.
But a "patch or update of the core engine" can perfectly be a DLC, everything can be DLC :Peace:, free or not is the question. You prefer have "not so blonde" passengers in your mission = DLCMicrosoft is "at your service" , just ask politely :Nail Biting:Pierre LFBE

Over on the SimHQ website there is a thread where the TrackiR developers said that they submitted the SDK to Microsoft over 14 months prior to release, and were briefed for a short while on integrating it but were then not contacted again. They seemed miffed by the lack of interest on MS's part. Sounds like the same treatment many of the third parties received as well, so who knows if it will be included in a future patch.

How about MS fill in some gaps?Some people badly need Track IR support.Other people badly need to see AI traffic.I badly need to see traffic on the roads and activity at the airports.
Funny... as I do not use any of that in FSX...I keep all that off (and no TrackIR) to keep scenery and weather to max.

Track IR support is a no brainer.I don't think you will find any Track IR user, who says it hits them too hard in the performance arena. If it affects my performance in FSX, I really can't see it. The thing with Track IR, is it is up to the user whether they use it or not. Many of the other stuff talked about, like adding traffic, cars, etc - would not be user chosen - it would impact the performance, to some degree, for all users. But a Track IR user, does have that choice - and if they are already using it in other sims, you can bet they will in Flight if the option is there.I think there are plenty enough of Track IR users today, to warrant MS adding native support to Flight. I mean seriously, look at all the flight sims that have been released over the last several years, that had that from the start.I am hoping, and this is just pure speculation on my part, that it was on the table to be put in and that with the earlier than planned release of Flight, it just was not at the top of the list and they did not get it done for release. That is my hope anyway.As far as the rest related to the OP, I agree some of that would indeed be nice and may very well be implemented at some point as we go forward, and hopefully they can implement in such a way that it does not negate performance in a severe way. That will remain to be seen. Even in it's fresh raw state, Flight looks pretty darn good to me.I keep seeing these messages in Flight, encouraging users to provide feedback on what they would like to see to the Flight team. I would highly encourage everyone, if you feel strongly about something you want to see, send them an email :msflight@microsoft.comIt only takes a very few minutes of your time, I know I already did.Especially Track IR users! :smile: