Sign in to follow this  
alpilotx

Screenshots: Alaska HD

Alpilotx,I notice that the HD screens in your comparison are really just showing denser forest's.Am I missing something?I guess the Higher Mesh in the screens are hard to differentiate against the default in this form.They do look fantastic!Just so you know, your experimental screens are awesome. This is way XPX should look.Thanks for sharing.

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV 

NO, not just denser forests ... look more closely. Its a much higher res mesh (with more accurate landclass / terraintype representation) ... BUT ... if you like the default too, then you don't need to wait ... its what you get with XP10 out of the box!I think, a nice example is the comparison with the two "local map" views.http://picasaweb.google.com/101666907909842492197/XPlane10AlaskaHD#5718405444122135170http://picasaweb.google.com/101666907909842492197/XPlane10AlaskaHD#5718405460402317426Open them in two browser tabs and switch back and forth. And if you look at them zoomed in, then you will see, that in the default one, you can see some triangular patches here and there, whereas in the HD edition, you see almost none of them (but instead, you see much more finer details - which I think is the "subtle" reason, why it works even better than the original)

Well, it's been three months since it's premature, incomplete release.Three months later, we are still in the beta ?THAT'S THREE MONTHS IN BETA !During that time, MS did an internal beta, a public beta, released a FINISHED FINAL PRODUCT and offered a BASE PRODUCT for free to anyone who cares to download it, along with a POLISHED SCENERY AREA, PLANES AND FLIGHT SIM.That's what a software publisher does - normally. But ....I really don't care how many people they hire or need to hire or how many are permanent hirees or how many are temps and how many are being taken advantage of by offering their development and efforts freely to a commercial product. I really don't !What I do care about is I paid in full - upfront. Did I get the promised fully developed, complete product ?Todate, the answer is clearly NO, begging the question : -WHY NOT ?

Ive only had X-plane 10 for a little over a month, and Ive had more fun with it in that time, than in 6 years with FSX. Its not where, id like to see it yet, but ive seen great progress in the short time ive had it.Rob

Well, it's been three months since it's premature, incomplete release.Three months later, we still in the beta ?THAT'S THREE MONTHS IN BETA !During that time, MS did an internal beta, a public beta, released a FINISHED FINAL PRODUCT and offered a BASE PRODUCT for free to anyone who cares to download it, along with a POLISHED SCENERY AREA, PLANES AND FLIGHT SIM.That's what a software publisher does - normally. But ....I really don't care how many people they hire or need to hire or how many are permanent hirees or how many are temps and how many are being taken advantage of by offering their development and efforts freely to a commercial product. I really don't !What I do care about is I paid in full - upfront. Did I get the promised fully developed, complete product ?Todate, the answer is clearly NO, begging the question : -WHY NOT ?
FSX is a finished, final product??? That's news to me. Where's the latest update??If you're talking about SP2, well, that's in indefinite beta.If there is a further update, I guess you should write to the admins and ask them to take down this sub forum...http://forum.avsim.n...ktop-ctd-forum/Finished, final products don't crash.If you're talking about Flight...you call that a finished and final product?? No AI, no ATC, no systems heavy aircraft, flying around collecting coins...? And you call it a flight SIM. Even Microsoft call it a GAME.ummm...LOL
Ive only had X-plane 10 for a little over a month, and Ive had more fun with it in that time, than in 6 years with FSX. Its not where, id like to see it yet, but ive seen great progress in the short time ive had it.Rob
Robfs_av is really a user named "m_av". Certified troll who was on a crusade to get Laminar to show us their timeline of work and updates.He failed miserably and got banned.

FSX is a finished, final product???
Was FSX released AFTER XP10 ?During XP10's beta, MS has only released only one product that I know of that fits the description I have given in my post. So, quit twisting words or fuzzy things up !
If you're talking about Flight...you call that a finished and final product??
What MS promised, they delivered, no ifs, ands or buts, unlike some publishers.The question still remains: When will X-plane 10's beta phase be over ? - oh, wait, it was never admitted it's a beta or an incomplete product, was it ? That was easy, you never say it's a beta product, so you never have to announce that the beta phase is over.Pretty smart !

Was FSX released AFTER XP10 ?
Not that I know of.
During XP10's beta, MS has only released only one product that I know of that fits the description I have given in my post. So, quit twisting words or fuzzy things up !

I'm twisting words and fuzzying things up??Hilarious.

What MS promised, they delivered, no ifs, ands or buts, unlike some publishers.
They never promised anything. Speculation was rife for about a year whether Flight will be Hawaii only or if it will include the whole world. Speculation was rife whether or not it would include ATC, AI, an SDK, whether or not it would support 3rd party developers. All went unanswered by Microsoft. What did they promise? An "experience". A game. That was it. Everything else went unanswered. You should have checked the Flight website and the avsim forums more often.
The question still remains: When will X-plane 10's beta phase be over ? - oh, wait, it was never admitted it's a beta or an incomplete product, was it ? That was easy, you never say it's a beta product, so you never have to admit the beta phase is over.Pretty smart !
No flight sim can ever be called "complete". If anyone can say FSX is "complete", they are delusional or in total denial. The beta question, well, that's been answered 1001 times. A stable version of x plane and a beta version of x plane are two very different things.And the stable version will never be "complete" by your terminology.

It's already the next beta process, 10.04 will be final soon. 10.03 was final. 10.05 beta will follow.And I bought my car without a full-featured onboard-computer, like I bought Xplane 8, 9 and 10 without seasons. Well, I don't know, but the upgrade to my car (although only beeing a short connection to enable the features) would cost me around 600$.

Gentlemen :( ... aren't we going a "little bit" off topic here :( !

jason, don't misunderstand the underlying issues here. Anytime people bring up these shortcomings of XPX, the standard predictable answer is we will get to it when we have time because were only a small group. Honestly, that excuse and it is an excuse is growing old.
It's not an excuse, it's reality. Laminar really is a small outfit with limited resources. If you don't like their product then don't buy it. It's as simple as that.

Problem is I did buy it, and didn't get close to what was advertised, and I don't feel like sitting around for a couple of years to get what I paid for, so I will continue to complain, it's my right as a consumer that didn't get what they paid for. Your happy, good for you, a lot of others still have a problem, and rightly so. And quite honestly, I could care less about Laminars reality, and their limited resources. I guess they should have thought about their limited resources and the state of the product, before releasing it to the public as a retail item. Honestly, some of you guys make me laugh. They have offered a product to the public for sale, it has a multitude of issues that need immediate attention, increase the staff, even if for a temporay time frame, and get this thing fixed. Is that really so hard for some of you to comprehend. And how does it affect you anyways? The only affect my idea has is to get this "fixed" sooner, which is a benefit to all, I can't see where that is a problem, do you MM.GlenEdit: Just to put this in perspective so you understand where I'm coming from. Laminar research to me is just another company, and that's all they are. I'm not, and have no interest in being part of a "family", with regards to Xplane. They offer something for sale, that's it, and the public buying that product or service expect to get what they paid for. Well, as we all know, we didn't get, and still don't have what was advertised, and what we paid for. You might fell all cuddly, cozy and warm, feeling like your part of a "family", well I don't. Laminar research is no different to me than Microsoft, Ford, Toshiba, just to name a few, and any other company in the world that offers products to the public for sale. Until you realize that fact, you will never see what the issues are with the release of this product. As I have said before, and will say again, I don't drink Laminars coolaid, never have, never will. Like any other company, when I purchase a product thats advertised in a certain way I expect to get it. If I don't, I contact them and let them know how I feel. Well this is a open public forum, within limits, so I come here to speak my peace, and let others know the shortfalls of this product, before they let go of there hard earned money and find themselves disappointed. People come here to voice how happy they are with the product, that's fine, I have no problem with that. Allow others the same courtesy when they come here and voice their displeasure, whether you agree with it or not is irrelevant.

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

Problem is I did buy it, and didn't get close to what was advertised...
The X-Plane 10 demo was available long before it ever went on sale, so it's your own fault if you made an uninformed purchase. Sorry about your luck.

3gb download, are you kidding. That's way beyond most peoples scope of download limits, there's no way I could have downloaded a file that size. Besides, the retail copy I got in the mail was no different than the demo, nice try with a comeback though. You want to make this personal, I wouldn't?Glen

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro