Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

GSX or the... Erm, other one

The "one size fits all" advantages of GSX are overwhelming in my view. I'm also sure the commitment is there from FSDT to make it even better. As folks have already explained, it is not yet perfect, but works good enough to be an absolute must have, IMHO. Definitely needs more features, but they will come.

It insists that you release parking brakes after pushback. I don't want to, I'm starting the engines at that point.
That is no longer happening. Was altered via a recent update.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

That is no longer happening. Was altered via a recent update.
Thanks. Good to know.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Anyone know if there are any conflicts with this program and Xpax?I am wondering specifically about how it would handle the terminal ramps' date=' like in Xpax you set your parking brake and the ramp then automatically comes out , the exit door opens, and it connects then passengers start loading...[/quote']I'm pretty sure that in the Xpax options you can disable automatic door/jetway features.But it has been a while since I used it so may be mistaken.

If you want gates to be guaranteed to be empty do what I do: Just make up a false airline code for those gates and then set the same code in your aircraft config file in the Aircraft config parking codes line. That won't interfere with your ATC calls but will guarantee that the space is empty when you arrive. This also allows you to pick the best gate for your personal use (maybe a good view or easy pushback etc.). :(
Hey John, that sounds like a great plan my friend! Is there any way you could expand a little on the process, it would be very helpful, cheers.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Adding airline codes doesn't guarantee anything, if there is a lot of traffic at the airport then any aircraft will use any stand that is vacant as long as it big enough for the aircraft in question. First FSX ATC will look for a suitable spot based on airline code/type (cargo/military etc), if none is available it will then park aircraft at any stand as long as the parking spot is big enough for the aircraft in question. If neither of those criteria is met then the aircraft will disappear completely after the landing rollout phase, this is just at the point where the AI is contacting ATC to ask to taxi to the stand.Some people use the tiny parking radius trick (you have to edit the AFCAD with ADE9X or similar) to stop FSX ATC parking AI there, but GSX doesn't like this and wont let you park their as it thinks the aircraft wont fit, how is GSX supposed to know you are using a trick? So GSX needs another option to ignore parking size restriction on a stand by stand basis, it cant do away with the check completely as it uses it already so that it can place the ground vehicles a suitable distance from the aircraft when not servicing the aircraft.

Cheers, Andy.

I have GSX and I think its a great product and they are always improving the product. I cant speak for AES though since I never installed it. I am not a fan of their credit pricing model.

Adding airline codes doesn't guarantee anything, if there is a lot of traffic at the airport then any aircraft will use any stand that is vacant as long as it big enough for the aircraft in question. First FSX ATC will look for a suitable spot based on airline code/type (cargo/military etc), if none is available it will then park aircraft at any stand as long as the parking spot is big enough for the aircraft in question. If neither of those criteria is met then the aircraft will disappear completely after the landing rollout phase, this is just at the point where the AI is contacting ATC to ask to taxi to the stand.Some people use the tiny parking radius trick (you have to edit the AFCAD with ADE9X or similar) to stop FSX ATC parking AI there, but GSX doesn't like this and wont let you park their as it thinks the aircraft wont fit, how is GSX supposed to know you are using a trick? So GSX needs another option to ignore parking size restriction on a stand by stand basis, it cant do away with the check completely as it uses it already so that it can place the ground vehicles a suitable distance from the aircraft when not servicing the aircraft.
Hi Andy, I've had a couple of initial problems recently. Both have been that GSX would not take me to a stand because I was told it was too small, even though the stand is clearly big enough. Very frustrating!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Visually to you it may look big enough but if the airport designer purposefully or accidentally set it as too small in software then GSX can know no different, it's likely not GSX's fault.

Cheers, Andy.

I know what you mean, that green text band giving a percentage of the status. Comes up from time to time but doesn't take more than a few seconds on my pretty full installation.But I must admit that I only enable the scenery I'm flying to. So my trips to Russia only have that freeware and stuff on, while Australia gives me Orbx plus Ant's airports and OZx. But even on the dense US flights (with UTX running, Orbx, freeware and all my payware airports) it doesn't take more than some seconds on a normal HDD, so no SDD.
Thanks, it does make a difference to reduce the number of entries in the Scenery Library. Removing some once-used entries brought the wait back to less than 1 minute....Menno

Menno 

i7-11700, 16GB, 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, RTX 3070, Windows 11, MSFS 2020 DeLuxe, P3D 4.5

Thanks, it does make a difference to reduce the number of entries in the Scenery Library. Removing some once-used entries brought the wait back to less than 1 minute....Menno
I admit, I hadn't noticed that until you guys mentioned it. I noticed it yesterday at an airfield in PNW. But it's no big sweat, it only took about ten seconds

Howard

Adding airline codes doesn't guarantee anything, if there is a lot of traffic at the airport then any aircraft will use any stand that is vacant as long as it big enough for the aircraft in question. First FSX ATC will look for a suitable spot based on airline code/type (cargo/military etc), if none is available it will then park aircraft at any stand as long as the parking spot is big enough for the aircraft in question. If neither of those criteria is met then the aircraft will disappear completely after the landing rollout phase, this is just at the point where the AI is contacting ATC to ask to taxi to the stand.
Yes, this is true but it has never happened to me whilst using UT2 (@ 95% commerical traffic) and using precise GATE/RAMP sizes. You have omitted to say that FSX will look for a Gate that has the same Airline Code as the A/I subject aircraft, before doing a wider search for any suitably sized unmarked parking spot, then any airline assigned unused spot and finally any sized spot that the subject aircraft will fit into. You also failed to mention that if the user is landing at an airport that has all its Gates in use then FSX will make a suitable space available for the users parking, in doing this FSX will take the most suitable gate for the users aircraft using the usual criteria which includes Airline codes.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

guys when you mentioned disabling scenery before is that just a matter of unchecking the tickbox in the scenery library to temporarily disable them? Wayne

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Isn't there an option in the GSX parking editor to set a radius? Or am I thinking of a setting that placed the trucks a distance from the aircraft?If it's the latter, then what if GSX modified their parking editor so users could specify a GSX-effective parking radius to avoid having to edit the AFCADs (possibly editing commercial AFCADs)?