Sign in to follow this  
ramoko

PMDG MD11 upgrade needed?

I'll buy it if they re-do it for sure! I have the 744, NGX and the MD11, and the MD is my all time favorite!

+1

I definitely would buy it again :)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Gents-

There are currently no update plans for the MD-11 product line.

We are currently focused on the 777, DC-6 and 747-400 v2.0... We simply don't have the bandwidth to add to that at the moment!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

I'd pay for an MD-11 update, unfortunately I don't think it will happen.

+1 from me on that too

Whoops posted before I saw RSR's post ... Doesn't change the sentiment though!

Paul Hand

Paul Hand

Thanks for letting us know, Robert. Maybe in the future, when the bandwidth becomes available ;-)

Gents-

We are currently focused on the 777, DC-6 and 747-400 v2.0... We simply don't have the bandwidth to add to that at the moment!

On another note, is there a patch planned to fix the final small stuff that the MD11 has problems with? it would be really great!

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

i think he clearly stated, that there is NO update planned

For me an update and a patch are 2 very different things.

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

Hi robert, the PMDG MD-11 is actualy one of the best FS planes. It would be nice to get fixed just some issues (like the crash if you put as new destination the departure airport, the APU not burning fuel, etc); we understand how much effort the development of the new beautiful planes request, but the MD-11 absolutely deseves some fixes ;-), also because i guess it was a big challenge to reproduce this kind of complexity (LSAS, Systems, FMC) and it's a pity to leave the bird alone now....

A real pilot who was involved in the development told me that the PMDG MD-11 is a very very good simulation and, afetr those fixes, it could be a good software to truly understand and study how the real MD-11 is...

So this is a true appeal in order to get some items fixed and give back life to this fantastic simulator, the best wide body togeter with the 747!

Thanks for paying attention to this post

Marco

Gents-

I think everybody at PMDG was having a party after the release off the MD11. It took over 4 or 5 years to get this beauty developed and after the patch it was made clear that nothing would change anymore in a update.

The only thing I would have liked is adding wingview, for me that's the only thing missing.

John

BTW the MD11 is the only bird I still use, all the others are unemployed!

Gents-

By the term "update" are you refering to an entire rebuild? or are you refering to just general updates such as textures etc? Me personally, I think a good update option for the MD-11 would be to include an HUD option which Fedex currently has installed on their MD-11s. http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/fedex-gets-faa-approach-ban-exemption-337651/

5275053908_e041bf542b.jpg

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

I don't know the PMDG MD-11 very well but as many of you have said, hopefully PMDG will fix the small bugs.

The MD-11 and the DC-10 before it were truly unique from other airliners. Trijets like these will probably never be made again, both in the real world and the virtual world.

Fulcrum One Yoke / FSProjects Airbus Side Stick, Honeycomb Bravo, Slaw Device RX Viper V2

Intel i9 10900K, EVGA 3080Ti FTW, 32GB RAM

The MD-11 is too underrated and neglected in the community, it's simply not attractive enough for people.

I would say, it's simply not simple enough for people ;)

Joona Väisänen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I agree would love to see the Fedex HUD and nose bubble for the PMDG MD11 .

Lee Marrow