Sign in to follow this  
Knottypine1979

New A/C available.

Yikes. GFWL is having an awful day.Nobody at all will be able to download the new toy if GFWL is deader than a carp on a highway in 90 degree weather.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Ha, you don't need trackir if you don't frakking have a vc!! Arrghh..
Why not? would still be a massive improvement to mouse or keyboard.

It was a joke, I was hinting at what the MS executive subcommittee no. 13 may have talked about, to justify NOT PUTTING ONE OF THE MOST ESSENTIAL FEATURES IN THE GAME IN

It was a joke, I was hinting at what the MS executive subcommittee no. 13 may have talked about, to justify NOT PUTTING ONE OF THE MOST ESSENTIAL FEATURES IN THE GAME IN
Wouldn't be surprised if it hits close to home *cough*kinect*cough* :Cry: :Praying:

I personally don't think MS can provide much of any quality with just 4 weeks to work on each aircraft.
This a/c was ready months ago, long before Flight was even released. An external only model can be done rather quickly, but getting it tested and then wrapped up for deployment takes a few weeks as well. Figure about three months from concept to completion.It's most likely that they have at least a full years worth of content in the can already...
You know, it occurs to me that it might not even be "safe" to download the free "preview" for the Zero. What do you want to bet some marketing droid will go into a meeting in a couple of weeks and hold up a chart showing total number of "Zero downloads" rather than "Zero sales" and use that to create a false sense of how much actual interest there is in RC toy planes.
Absolutely zero chance, pun intended. The "Preview" is simply a replacement for the "UFO Imposter" as well as something to look at in the Hangar.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

n4gix said "It's most likely that they have at least a full years worth of content in the can already..."they should open another can then...quickly

corinoco, on 27 March 2012 - 06:17 PM, said:Of course, the True Hard-Core Maxtreme Simmers ™ only ever fly between Schipol & Frankfurt in cargo B737s, at night, in cloud, so I guess all you ever need is the cockpit and an autopilot on/off switch.
Mods,an exhibit of how and why Flight "fans" bait and troll equally in this forum - thus causing a caustic atmosphere. And we get nary a word.The call for civility seems like a contra-flow lane at best.
Thanks for reposting this. It was funny then, and it's funnier now.If he's not describing you, then why are you taking offense? One reason I found it funny was that it described me at one time.Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Thanks for reposting this. It was funny then, and it's funnier now.
Totally zoomed by that post (unfortunately) so I too must thank ahuimanu for reposting. :LMAO:ahuimanu's alleged assault reminds me of those professional football (soccer) players who - when are obviously not fouled - fall to the ground, wailing in pain from a supposed collision with another player in hopes the other player will draw a penalty. :Loser:With that in mind... here ahuimanu... "this clip's for you" :Big Grin:

Absolutely zero chance, pun intended. The "Preview" is simply a replacement for the "UFO Imposter" as well as something to look at in the Hangar.
It's worth pointing out here that the Preview files are the exact same size as the aircraft, and if you later buy the aircraft, the new download takes only a moment and doesn't require you to download the aircraft again. This suggests that the Preview is essentially preloading the entire aircraft, albeit one that is locked. If you download the Preview, you've downloaded the whole plane, it's just unflyable.

You will be waiting a long time for an SDK. At least 1 year if not 2. That is if Flight makes it that far.
I sincerely hope that some wise guys publishes the SDK *before* Flight may go down the drain, giving a chance to others to do right what MS maybe did wrong.

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

That wont happen. Even if someone released the SDK, you wont be able to do squat with it. Someone would need to brake Live. That could happen, but it anyone with the skills to do that would be more focused on more popular titles. Even if Live was cracked, how would you distribute it since anyone who wants to use the new content would also need to crack there own Flight. Its just not a valid option. Any 3rd party activity would need MS's blessing, or it just wont work.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Oh no, not again an oldtimer. We can`t do anything with the Mustang. What shall we do with this Warbird again? Fyling rescue missions or cargo? Do`t think so...
I agree. The P-51 needs to be updated first. A lot of things are not working on that plane besides the cockpit. Even though not everyone is using it, the Checklist (Q) is missing on the P-51 too.I am really sad that I bought the P-51 before reading about it. I will wait for the forum reports before I buy any other plane... or Alaska. I like the other planes for their individual strenght - but the Mustang was a FAIL - except for getting the 30000ft Aerocache ;-)

[Qoute]the Checklist (Q) is missing on the P-51 too.[/qoute]What's the point of a checklist when you can't actually check anything? :)

P-51 Check list.1. Start engine2. Fly

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer