Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

An $85.00 ORBX-FSX affirmation....

Well, lost out on the last sale for around 44 % off on ORBX products for FSX, as I was waiting to see the hyped-up FLIGHT. I saw, I played it, I deleted it.

I have just reaffirmed in my mind that FSX is the last of the fully featured and true flight simulations from Microsoft.

So, with that realization, I just happily took advantage of the great ORBX products sale, and added the following to FSX:

1. Central Rocky Mountains

2. KCMW Cushman Meadows

3. PAKT Ketchikan International

4. New Zealand-South Island.

Just installing and loading up the latest support patches from ORBX support.

Post Edit: I just took off on a quick flip around the scenery, and then landed back at Cushman. Wow....now ORBX needs to make a CANOE simulator....I want to spend some time on that lake after having landed! ORBX...beautiful, man....beautiful.....

One happy FSX camper....I wanted these in the last sale ( but did not buy at that time...) ...but KICKED myself later, for trusting in the M.S. pre-release FLIGHT 'B.S. Hyperspeak'. I have all the above titles now!

The sale price was excellent, and Life is GOOD in the Flight Simulation World, once more...LOL!

Cheers, all.

Mitch

I picked up $250 worth of OrbX stuff last time around, just got the last 2 that I was missing that I wanted...

Have pretty much everything other than Cushmans, which I believe is not RW anyway...

For GA, there is no other in my opinion. I prefer the OrbX take compared to pure photoscenery with one single season any day...

Each to his/her own of course...

A

now ORBX needs to make a CANOE simulator

Maybe an idea for CanoeFlow :-)

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

You know what's fun? Try KCMW with the A2A Cub on floats and Accusim. You can grab a paddle and cozy that little bird right up to the fueling dock. It's as close as you can get to a canoe sim in FSX. ;-)

I don't get why with all the airports to do, they created a fake one (KCMW)

I bought a lot of their Australia scenery and am going to try flying there.

I did Cushman because I wanted to, plain and simple. By the way, it's been my most popular scenery ever in 10 years of producing airfields, so I think I called it right.

I don't get why with all the airports to do, they created a fake one (KCMW)

Aerosoft's wonderful & fictive Andras Field-Andras Airpark is a wonderful base from which to begin and/or end many European (and other!) flights. I have had many wonderful flights therefrom between southern Bavaria and Italy, France, the Balearic islands, the UK and elsewhere. In fact, my wife and I even own a home at Andras! (It's not real either :P.) It combines all the elements a GA pilot['s imagination] could want from a non-urban aviation center- seaplane base, glider operations, runway large enough for heavies, etc.

It really has less to do with whether or not it exists in the real world, than it does with whether or not your mind & your imagination allows you to immerse yourself in the activity. For that matter, your computer joystick or yoke are not "really" attached to aircraft-controlling cables or hydraulics either, rather to a USB port affecting entertainment activity software. But we don't let that stand in our way of our having one he_l of a time with MSFS, right?!

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

I did Cushman because I wanted to, plain and simple. By the way, it's been my most popular scenery ever in 10 years of producing airfields, so I think I called it right.

I didn't mean it as an insult or anything, I mean it as a fan of you, and Orbx, I just wish they had more regular airport scenery to go along with their other scenery. Being a fan of bigger airplanes I fly into bigger airports. That's why I just bought a lot of their Australia scenery, because at least I can get some bigger airports. With the PNW region, the only one available is PAKT. Your work is amazing that's for sure.

Aerosoft's wonderful & fictive Andras Field-Andras Airpark is a wonderful base from which to begin and/or end many European (and other!) flights. I have had many wonderful flights therefrom between southern Bavaria and Italy, France, the Balearic islands, the UK and elsewhere. In fact, my wife and I even own a home at Andras! (It's not real either :P.) It combines all the elements a GA pilot['s imagination] could want from a non-urban aviation center- seaplane base, glider operations, runway large enough for heavies, etc.

It really has less to do with whether or not it exists in the real world, than it does with whether or not your mind & your imagination allows you to immerse yourself in the activity. For that matter, your computer joystick or yoke are not "really" attached to aircraft-controlling cables or hydraulics either, rather to a USB port affecting entertainment activity software. But we don't let that stand in our way of our having one he_l of a time with MSFS, right?!

For me, the PMDG NG is the greatest addon airplane ever. I am flying that for every flight now and am disappointed because I can only fly PANC to PAKT and back. There are no medium or large airport scenery in the entire region available. I hope KPDX, KSEA, CYVR, CYYC, etc. get released in the next few months though. But until them I am just a little disappointed, that's all. I'm sure the quality is great and flying low and slow you have a lot of great scenery options from them. When I feel like flying a smaller plane I have a lot of options though that's for sure.

I can say that you will have a heap load of fun with NZSI!

Maybe an idea for CanoeFlow :-)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously....not a bad idea. I'd love to see 'people flow' characters paddling canoes around the great waterways that ORBX has created. Take for example, Cushman Lake. Now that would be WILD to see people (campers, etc) enjoying the lake, dock area, beaches...as you either take off or come in to land!

I can say that you will have a heap load of fun with NZSI!

-------------------------------------------------------

I can't wait....a full defrag...and off to the races for all the above scenery I just plopped into FSX!

---------------------------------------------

Bill...great stuff indeed! I am doing 'wow-head shakes' as I explore the area. BTW....beachflow, canoeflow, fishingflow.....hmmm......a great addtion to those lakeside airports! Get the powers-to-be onto this.... (smile!)

Mitch

You know what's fun? Try KCMW with the A2A Cub on floats and Accusim. You can grab a paddle and cozy that little bird right up to the fueling dock. It's as close as you can get to a canoe sim in FSX. ;-)

--------------------------------------------------------

LOL, Bill! Just point me out to anybody that has a Canoe for FSX...and I will FULLY enjoy your lakeside airport sceneries!!! Fly in.....set up camp.....put the canoe into the lake...and enjoy the lakeshore. Pull the canoe out....break camp....load up the plane...and head back to the F.B.O. Yeppers...one can fully immerse oneself in FSX!

Mitch'er

Check the file library for a canoe. I've seen buses, yachts and sports cars. I feel like a canoe must be in there somewhere.

In all honesty, I was never much of a fan of Orbx airports, despite having a lot of them and finding them visually stunning. Overall, performance just wasn't too good and as others said, I wanted big airports. It's interesting how sales can change opinions though...

With the last sale announced, I really felt like I has to buy now, or otherwise I'd probably never buy some of those remaining airports. Aside from PAKT and YBAS, I had pretty much all airports that see jetliners flying in and out, and those I didn't have were either too close to airports I did have, or were just not very interesting to me. So, I took the plunge and bought some GA airports. First YBUD and YHBA, this morning several others. Why? Because I did a short flight from YBUD to YHBA in the Carenado Seneca yesterday afternoon, after having bought the OrbX renditions of those airports.

I really enjoyed it. The low and slow thing was never quite my flying style, but now that I tried it amidst OrbX country, I'm surprised I didn't do it sooner. And with Accu-Feel in the background, it's really amazing... I see myself flying more and more GA around OrbX AU, and I think I'll be taking the Airbus X and PMDG NGX also a bit more out to fly in that region. For example, YBAS is a tad too far mor to do with the Seneca. The PMDG NGX should do nicely, though. And, not to forget, the J41 is still used in AU too, which gives me good reason to fly the J41 there.

Why didn't I ever think of all this before -.-

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I didn't mean it as an insult or anything, I mean it as a fan of you, and Orbx, I just wish they had more regular airport scenery to go along with their other scenery. Being a fan of bigger airplanes I fly into bigger airports. That's why I just bought a lot of their Australia scenery, because at least I can get some bigger airports. With the PNW region, the only one available is PAKT. Your work is amazing that's for sure.

For me, the PMDG NG is the greatest addon airplane ever. I am flying that for every flight now and am disappointed because I can only fly PANC to PAKT and back. There are no medium or large airport scenery in the entire region available. I hope KPDX, KSEA, CYVR, CYYC, etc. get released in the next few months though. But until them I am just a little disappointed, that's all. I'm sure the quality is great and flying low and slow you have a lot of great scenery options from them. When I feel like flying a smaller plane I have a lot of options though that's for sure.

As Clem said, I too find NZSI a very NGX-friendly Orbx FTX Region. :)

In all honesty, I was never much of a fan of Orbx airports, despite having a lot of them and finding them visually stunning. Overall, performance just wasn't too good and as others said, I wanted big airports. It's interesting how sales can change opinions though...

With the last sale announced, I really felt like I has to buy now, or otherwise I'd probably never buy some of those remaining airports. Aside from PAKT and YBAS, I had pretty much all airports that see jetliners flying in and out, and those I didn't have were either too close to airports I did have, or were just not very interesting to me. So, I took the plunge and bought some GA airports. First YBUD and YHBA, this morning several others. Why? Because I did a short flight from YBUD to YHBA in the Carenado Seneca yesterday afternoon, after having bought the OrbX renditions of those airports.

I really enjoyed it. The low and slow thing was never quite my flying style, but now that I tried it amidst OrbX country, I'm surprised I didn't do it sooner. And with Accu-Feel in the background, it's really amazing... I see myself flying more and more GA around OrbX AU, and I think I'll be taking the Airbus X and PMDG NGX also a bit more out to fly in that region. For example, YBAS is a tad too far mor to do with the Seneca. The PMDG NGX should do nicely, though. And, not to forget, the J41 is still used in AU too, which gives me good reason to fly the J41 there.

Why didn't I ever think of all this before -.-

Benjamin,

Cairns is "art." That airport recapitulates what ORBX airports and sceneries do to a simmer like me. Fantastic! At 44% off it's a steal.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I just planned a flight with my Carenado 185 starting at 7S3 (Starks's Twin Oaks) on a milk run going to W52 (Goheen), WA79 (Walter Sutton's), 2W3 (Swanson), 1WA6 (Fall City), S43 (Harvey Field), 1S2 (Darrington), 3W5 (Concrete), WA56 (Israel.s Farm), KBVS (Skagit Regional), 7S4 (Anacortes), KORS (Orcas Island), 2WA1 (Diamond Point), 0S9 (Jefferson County), KCMW (Cushman Narrows), ending up at KHQM (Bowerman).

Going to run it multiplayer on the Digital Theme Park Servers using Teamspeak. It will be a blast!

Kind regards,