Sign in to follow this  
Miracle

PMDG 737 Vs POSKY 737

Okay,

Thanks for your answer.

About the previous post I think you point something interresting.

It's a story of "feeling"

If a real 737 pilot can tell me wich flight model best reproduce the real "feeling".

Does someone have try the POSKY 737 ?

What do you think about the FDE and the inertia feeling it provide ?

Anyway, i just do something crazy.

I have replace the B737-900.air file of the PMDG with the POSKY one.

It seem to work ! The plane have more inertia and react slower !

Of course doing something like this is totaly unsupported by PMDG but i'm a cowboy !

It seem to have no impact on the trust reverser but as you say, it seem that the CFM56 provide a lot of brake, so i'm ok with that.

Cedric.

At the end of the day, you can take what I, or anyone else says with a pinch of salt if you wish, after all, it is your simulator and your 737, so if you get what you want, then that is fair enough.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

haha kyle :LMAO:

Anyway about the thrust reverser. I subscribe to an airplane magazine (Flug Revue) and there was a new article about a test A320 that was damaged from thrust reverser tests. The reverser was so strong that the asphalt from the runway came loose and some small asphalt pieces hit the airplane. Thats the power that is achievable today.

I also had the fortune to talk to RW SAS 737 NG pilots (will actually be aboard 3 NG's tomorrow) and they sad that SAS SOP is to only use Idle reverse since it already gave enough effect.

Manfred

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

The replies are pretty justified, you don't accuse one of the most accurate sim companies around that their airplane is not infact, realistic. And something like Posky is better.

No absolutely, but as a new user he 'could' have been missing something fundamental... I like to see the best in people, although I think you are certainly right in all respects in this case ;)

Thanks Sandpatch for this valuable information.

Happy to see that this forum is very active :)

Does someone give a test to the 737 POSKY ?

I will be happy to have feedback.

I just test the POSKY 747-400 with the latest FDE available.

Same feeling when i land the beast compare to the default 747 from fsx.

Using Ezdok camera, you really feel the weight of the plane, it's very pleasant.

(I don't own the PMDG 747-400 but i project to buy it soon)

As an enginer, i have a lot of interrest for technics too.

Does someone give a look at this ?

http://www.mudpond.o...Wrench_main.htm

This tool can edit the .air file that configure plane FDE and provide a lot of information and graphics on the plane performances.

I compare the .air file of the default FSX 737, the POSKY and the PMDG.

Most of the value of the POSKY and the PMDG are very close (Plane Specifications)

Some value are very differents (ex: the POSKY gear drag is twice the value of the PMDG).

Understand this file, even with this tool is very very technical and far from my humble comprehension.

Maybee not the good place to talk about.

Just my Tow cent again.

Cedric.

Size of aircraft != heavy feel to aircraft maneuverability

...or depending on your programming language:

Size of aircraft <> heavy feel to aircraft maneuverability

There's the disconnect.

Kyle Rodgers

Correct,

I don't talk about maneuverability but "weight" or "Mass" = "inertia" or "motion change resistance"

Here's the physic.

Cedric.

Cedric.

Its a tough crowd in here -- some are helpful, some just seem to enjoy a shark feeding frenzie.

Forgetting about what is right or wrong, realistic or unrealistic - it's YOUR sim, and if you want a given aircraft to act the way YOU want it to, there are certainly some easy things you can do to change things, to help meet your own preferences.

It may also be that there are some setting in YOUR sim, that have been changed at some time, that are making it behave in a way not intended by a given aircraft developer.

One thing you could try altering is your "JOYSTICK SENSITIVITY" , in the FSX Joystick Calibration menu section.

By default, ( unless you have added a specific new parameter to your fsx.cfg file), FSX's Joystick "sensitivity" is actually really "Axis reponse time". No matter where you set this slider, if you input a full delection on an axis, eventually, the corresponding control surface will go to the same maximum deflection, no matter where the slider is placed.

What the slider will adjust, is how FAST it gets there. (ie Response time). The higher the value, the faster the response time.

That being said, if you are finding that a given aircraft "seems to you" to be too lively ( like a little Cessna), and does not act as if it has sufficient interia, you can always try REDUCING those axis "Sensitivity" slider, and seeing if the plane responds more to your likeing.

I do not know what settings PMDG suggest you set these slider to, ( Must have missed it in the documentation - you might want to check yourself), but it "may" make a difference, and if you do not have these sliders set to the value that PMDG designed their 737NGX to be flown with, you "may" well not be experiencing the flight dynamics that PMDG intended.

However, the fact is, there is a significant difference between the 737 POSKY and PMDG.

Well, there's a reason for that.

One was made with real data taken from Boeing.

The other was made by Sunday pilots such as yourself.

At least Sunday pilots are making something. You don't wanna "insult" the guy who made POSKY too. He has nothing to do with it!

For start, I think it is quite tactless to start a topic like "uh, their plane is better, why don't you make it like their?". Moving on to your actual "issue", level of realisam of the ngx has been proven many times before and I am not even going to get into that. Yes, it is possible to edit and merge files from different developers but the developers are not responsible for any problems you might cause. In the end, what feels "right" to you is your own preference and you are free to choose any addon from any developer you wish.

(Remember- on the way in here you passed the sign in the lobby: PLEASE DO NOT HAND-FEED THE TROLLS)

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

Are you a RW airline pilot ? I doubt it very much !

Fred.

Mr. Daniels can say whatever he wants - the CEO of our company has flown actual airliners for a living and is type rated on the 747, we had a dozen active line NG pilots who are also simmers on the test team for the NGX, and it was compared exhaustively to the real thing's performance and feel. Real airliners do not take forever to respond to control inputs or have super slow roll rates at full deflection - even big ones. What people probably perceive as "wrong" is the fact that the real life yoke has far more throw and physical resistance to it than a small plastic joystick sitting on your desk. The joystick "compresses" all that movement range into a few inches. Trying to simulate the range of the real yoke by making the plane roll slowly or whatever is not a valid compromise in our opinion - in a real airliner if you jerk the controls with full force like that you're going to get a rapid response and its the same one present in our simulation. Real pilots try to avoid jerking the controls around.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com