Sign in to follow this  
bliksimpie

Why carenado why ? please explain for once if you can

Carenado ALWAYS release a plane unfinished.. that is no new surprise to those that have a long history with purchasing carenado planes

(and yes, I have 99% of their planes)

Why does carenado use customers to beta TEST.. is always been like this.. Only developer where you have to pay to do BETA testing.

Every time I look forward to a better release but it just do NOT happen.. Will we ever come to a point that carenado will be able to release something with at lease a limited number of bugs, but they keep releasing planes with so many obvious bugs, it proof that over and over that there has been very limited testing and I am not even going to start on their famous hype of being "Tested by real pilots". God knows I hope I never fly with one of them,

All carenado planes have always had HUGE potential lets face it and all ended up very good indeed after a while, even though some required up to 3 Service packs to correct stuff, but on the other hand, most stuff is corrected here by customers to be honest, and by the time the customers really get fedup, they just release a new plane and everybody get on the bandwagon and forget the troubles of the previous plane, best customer complained management system I have ever seen..

Carenado is renowned to be a sausage stopper making planes available so fast, so it should not come then as a surprise that they never get tested properly..

If you want quantity of good looking flying textures only, carenado is the place to go, If you want quality and immersion then there are other where you can go, but you will NEVER get it here at carenado.

So this will be my last purchase of carenado as even their price tag do not really substantiate what you get.. just a good looking set of flying textures and that is IT..! sad but true. I dont like to look at the plane I like to fly the plane, without a list of bugs so long as my arm...!

I agree, especially when the price has been raised on these latest efforts. You can live with the shortcomings to a certain extent at $25 or so. It's another matter at $40.

I have since done a night flight and found the lighting in the cockpit to be lacking. Only a few of the knobs on the overhead panel actually work and so it is basically this: either a dome light on full-blast or very little lighting that makes it close to impossible to read almost all of the gauges in the dark. This, for me, is a big disappointment. If these items are fixed in a patch, it'll be my favourite light aircraft. If not, it may well start collecting a lot of dust in my virtual hangar. I hope someone from Carenado is at least reading the posts in this forum and taking note, although some form of acknowledgement would be nice. Even better, an official Carenado forum. I'd be happy to assist and moderate.

Gents,

I think you are being unfair on Carenado...

We all know you can test something until you are exhausted but once you let it loose to the world all sorts of things crop up..Cars are a good example and they spend millions producing a new model.

Testing has set variables and parameters...We the paying public set it how we like..

Now what would be unfair is that once it has been released for say 2 weeks and they have a bug list...Not fixing those would be unfair..

Dave

Gents,

We all know you can test something until you are exhausted but once you let it loose to the world all sorts of things crop up..Cars are a good example and they spend millions producing a new model.

Testing has set variables and parameters...We the paying public set it how we like..

Now what would be unfair is that once it has been released for say 2 weeks and they have a bug list...Not fixing those would be unfair..

Dave

I'm not trying to be unfair - just offering assistance to document bugs that I find so that they can be fixed. Overall, I think it's a fantastic product and the few problems I've had with it are minor and don't affect the way the aircraft flies.

Dave I hear what you say but even with your new car, the "bugs" will be limited..

This has a list as long as kingdom come...

Obviously it has NOT been tested till exhaustion... that would have shown with a very much shorter bug list - or if they did they must reconsider their BETA team as they then not doing a proper job at all.. but that is what you get when "real pilots do the tests".. :LMAO:

Why can other developers release product with couple of items that really could have been missed like eg when Realair release a plane..

Not being unfair.. Just FACTS and it does not matter how you like it or not.. THIS has not been tested properly and for that matter tested at all.

I'll be honest... I can agree with certain statements regarding this addon... but I think Bliksimpie is being intentionally caustic.

Post your opinion... but stop being so antagonistic towards the company. Seriously.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Dave I hear what you say but even with your new car, the "bugs" will be limited..

This has a list as long as kingdom come...

Obviously it has NOT been tested till exhaustion... that would have shown with a very much shorter bug list - or if they did they must reconsider their BETA team as they then not doing a proper job at all.. but that is what you get when "real pilots do the tests".. :LMAO:

Why can other developers release product with couple of items that really could have been missed like eg when Realair release a plane..

Not being unfair.. Just FACTS and it does not matter how you like it or not.. THIS has not been tested properly and for that matter tested at all.

Yes I was surprised that something like 24 hrs after the plane was released we have a thread here trying to consolidate all the bugs, and we already have folks like yourself and Bert working tirelessly to make this aircraft better with tweaks and mods, for $40 I expected more, I still think that this aircraft will be great and Carenado will address the issues, it will not be my last product from them, but I will never rush out and be the first to buy.

I do not think so.

I think Customers defending beta products they bought are the reason, why companies like Carenado will not change their business plan.

It is the same old story, the crowd will still be buying and praising and hoping for bugfixes, in the meantime, the eyecandy keeps them happy.

This may be o.k. for a 20$ Gimmick, but when you charge 40$ you are in the PMDG J41 and RealAir league.

So thank you all you paying beta testers for saving me 40$.

I would agree with above statements that at $40, you are not in the "low-end" business. The ball is clearly in Carenado's court. I, like many here, have been good customers to them and bought many of their add-ons. But maybe therein lies a symptom of the issue at hand. They generate MANY planes compared to other design groups.

Quantity in lieu of finished quality is not good at this price point. Ok, let's see what they choose to do.

Cheers --- Bob

Guest Mik75

Actually I this was a certain buy for me, I was checking AVSIM and Carenado´s page for its release every day.

But the things I´ve read here during the past few days, kept me away from doing so.

I love the Malibu, but concerning a turbine twin, I´ll stay with my RealAir...

I´ll frequently check the news and as soon as we have a service pack with improvements for the baddest show stoppers, I´ll made up my mind again.

I´d love to have a King Air, let´s see what the near future brings...

Greets,

Michael

Not sure I agree. I just finished my 5th flight, using FSrealWX and Radar Contact. My only complaint was the sound of the prop pitch reverse on landing (It doesn't sound right to me, but I'm not sure what it should sound like from inside the cockpit). Ok, so the air valve switches don't really do anything, but I would open them and leave them alone for the rest of the flight anyway. The rivets on the side view aren't the best, but I wouldn't trade that for worse frame rates. The flight model seems right and it was a pleasure to fly an instrument approach by hand. I like the Telydyne system, it does everything I need it to do. I haven't tried a night flight yet, so I can't speak to the night lighting. Sure, they could have delayed release for another 6 months or a year and fine tuned it a bit better, but the we would all be bugging them to release it.

Dale

Dale

Only developer where you have to pay to do BETA testing.

You havnt bought a payware aircraft lately. Their all the same including PMDG. its just life/the way it is. At least CS admitts your buying a beta version :)

I think Carenado is heading in the right direction lately. There past couple releases have been good. Mainly the 210 and 337. But the C90 ruined that trend. How some of the bugs made it into the final version blows me away. How can u not notice the #2 engine start up sounds are missing? After all the hype before release I was expecting RealAir or PMDG quality. Should have known better.

You havnt bought a payware aircraft lately. Their all the same including PMDG.

Pass that bong my way please

Matt Wilson

You havnt bought a payware aircraft lately. Their all the same including PMDG. its just life/the way it is. At least CS admitts your buying a beta version :)

Hi Barnstormer1 ----

Yes and no. Some have forgotten we are not discussing ALL the Carenado planes -- just the C90B.

And it is a major step up for them into a market of very complex aircraft add-ons. I would not compare them to PMDG until they perform like PMDG and address and fix the majority of the issues at hand, as PMDG did with their 737NGX. That would qualify them to be equated.

I like the C90B and am having fun with mine, warts and all right now. But I do expect it to be patched and with earnest, especially at this price point. Enough said. Let's see what happens.

Regards, Bob :Peace: