Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Miami City 2012 - by Drzewiecki Design

Ian - I have a similar issue with the ships, and it appears that it's the photoscenery retaining the image of a docked ship underneath the object. The dev probably just needs to edit the terrain to remove the ship image

John G.

It seems like I'm the only person having this issue but it's driving me nuts - autogen trees are all over the place, in the middle of highways and growing out of the roofs of buildings. I have tried different priorities in scenery.cfg, disabled UT USA - done a complete re download and install - nothing has worked. I've tried reducing the autogen density - I got fewer treess growing out of fewer buildings but that isn't much of an improvement as there was fewer of everything! LOL

I am 99% sure I have not installed FreeFlow Florida on my current machine ever so I don't think it's an artefact from that.

Am I really the only person having this problem? You will only see it if you get down low and slow but still.....

Trees growing out of roofs of buildings?? Me thinks those tenants of them there buildings are growing something illegal. Or could it be the pilot smoking that funny grass texture again? Suggest you get high and don't fly slow. Just%20Kidding.gif

RJ

LOL. Given the notoriety of that part of the world, I would be surprised if there wasn't quite a lot of green stuff growing in hidden places down there. As for being high and flying low, that would spoil my lifetime record of being an old and not bold pilot, though I suppose if you're going to try to fly through a solid object, you might as well do it with a smile on your face.....

I did inhale in the cockpit once, but that was smoke from an HF radio that decided to catch fire and was anything but a relaxing experience!

:wink:

Hi

Just took the plunge and bought this (it has been a very expensive few weeks for scenery!). I'm very impressed by the overall quality of this despite using it with Ultimate Terrain USA. I uninstalled Florida Landings which I have been using to enhance this area for some years and this is certainly an improvement and the autogen buildings are excellent. I notice that in the manual, DD say that UT USA prevents a lot of the autogen being loaded, but the effect is still great. Have just being flying around Miami searching for foliage growing out of buildings but thankfully didn't find too much - perhaps the police have been there before me! Yes, there is some misplaced autogen but it certainly does not detract from the enjoyment of this great addon. Perhaps we can hope for a patch to make it compatible with UT USA some day!

Bill

so my wife has a wax dummy that looks like me sitting in the chair in front of the computer

The creepiest post I've read in a FS forum so far. :ph34r:

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

The creepiest post I've read in a FS forum so far. :ph34r:

My good lady just thinks I'm a wax dummy, especially when I've got the headphones on, and frequently has a lot to say about that (usually when I'm in the final phase of a tricky landing, for some reason).

:LMAO:

Reminds me of my days when I used to play FS in my own room in the darkness with my headset and a pair of 3D glasses on. My face was lit only by the light from the good old CRT monitor. That must have been a horrifying image.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

I used to play FS in my own room in the darkness with my headset and a pair of 3D glasses on. My face was lit only by the light from the good old CRT monitor.

At least you weren't flying on VATSIM, so your lady would not find you 'speaking to yourself'! emoticongiggle.gif

.......and they said FS9 was dead!

Bill

This picture actually doesn't do your point justice... :ph34r:

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Hi; A few questions about this scenery. Never having used Latin VFR scenery before i am very impressed with KMIA. The Miami scenery however seems to be fantastic in the daytime, however i seem to have an issue at night. Not all of the buildings appear to be illuminated they seem to flicker depending on the view i am using.

This picture actually doesn't do your point justice... :ph34r:

Perhaps not and certainly there are scenery addons, such as those produced by France VFR, which provide absolutely stunning scenery for FS9, but I really like what this does to the Miami area and I was certainly impressed by it. To get the best out of it though I had to deactivate Ultimate Terrain USA, which for some reason prevents some of the autogen being displayed. Overall, I feel that FS9 today is capable of achieving a level of realism which we would probably have never even imagined when we first installed FS9 all those years ago.

Bill

I feel that FS9 today is capable of achieving a level of realism which we would probably have never even imagined when we first installed FS9 all those years ago

Hard to diagree. nodding-1.gif