Sign in to follow this  
Chris Kelly

PMDG 777 Information

I think you missed the electronic bag.......

It wont be there on release most likely unless we want to delay it by months!

Great information thread there Chris and welcome to the forums..

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

Welcome! And I must say that's one heck of an entrance as well. Look forward to some constructive posts from you.

[*]Crew interactions will not be modeled.

By this, you mean it won't be like the NGX where you can hear one of the pilots call V1 and no pushback talk?

(sorry for being a noob)

Usually I see something like this (much longer) formulated by RSR when there is a new release or a new SP, we waited a long time just hoping for detailed pinned post (not that I'm complaining) explaining features and what we should look forward to, I think it will come soon anyway.

Never the less Chris thank you much for this (sourced) organized information, keep it up and welcome to the forum.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

By this, you mean it won't be like the NGX where you can hear one of the pilots call V1 and no pushback talk?

No, I doubt they'll remove functionality that's already in the NG, so the call-outs for V-speeds should be there. The post I pulled that information that you quoted was referring to more detailed crew interactions (i.e. "Cabin crew, prepare the cabin for takeoff", "Could we get some coffee up here in the flight-deck"). Assuming FS2Crew makes a product for the 777, that's where we'll see that sort of stuff.

As for the push-back chatter, I thought it was pretty cool that PMDG included that. I was pleased to find out about that when I bought the NG, so I hope it stays. Basic as it might be, it's a nice option for those of us who don't have a program like GSX.

I think you missed the electronic bag.......

It wont be there on release most likely unless we want to delay it by months!

11:55 of Video 3

". . .The question was, 'will we add an EFB - the electronic flight manuals to the Triple Seven?' Um, we intend to. And. . I'm being very careful in how I say that because I don't know if it's going to make the release of the product yet, it will depend a little bit on how well that development goes."

And later in the same video. . .

"One of the nice things in the way we have set up our development process now is that, uh, when we get the EFB into the Triple Seven, all we have to do is run an update and you'll have it in the NG as well. . . So if the EFB comes somewhere between the Triple Seven and the 747, when it's done and when it's ready we can roll it into all three airplanes with an update."

Good news!

Good news!

Hmm I'm only going to use the EFB for Performance, Charts I use my iPhone anyway. Not really a big feature for me personally! I don't get how the chart system will work, are PMDG paying for every chart for every Airport and updating them? I'm sure someone like Navigraph would supply but I'm guessing at a cost?

I don't get how the chart system will work, are PMDG paying for every chart for every Airport and updating them? I'm sure someone like Navigraph would supply but I'm guessing at a cost?

Good point.

I hadn't thought about the logistics yet. Assuming everything is done with .pdf's, the download size could get pretty large in a hurry. Perhaps it will be a system where it requires an internet connection and only downloads the charts that you need for your departure airport, arrival airport, and your alternate? :Thinking: Your guess is as good as mine.

More news today, though I would venture a guess and say most people saw this one coming.

GE90-115B will be the first engine modeled. (it's on the 200LR, 300ER and the freighter)

I don't know about the condensation stuff - that's definitely not "always" present, it depends on the atmospheric conditions. I'll ask though.

Since the post got pinned, I can't update the original post anymore. #unintendedconsequences

Great job, Chris, and thanks Ryan for pinning. Can't wait!

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)