Sign in to follow this  
awyeah!

Aerosim 787 fsx released

Good luck trying to buy it from Vector unless you have a Japanese keyboard, I couldn't manage it, and I have an account with them LOL.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

You must be kidding :) looks like an old fs9 freeware aircraft yowser all set. Thanks for sharing.

Rich Sennett

You must be kidding :) looks like an old fs9 freeware aircraft yowser all set. Thanks for sharing.

Maybe so (if you compare it to higher quality freeware), but there aren't exactly a whole lot of payware 787s floating around right now, and none that are of this level of quality IMO.

The test I use now when deciding to buy a new airliner for FSX is "Will I fly it rather than the NGX?" and I doubt very much that this would tempt me out of the NGX virtual cockpit.

I think it might just beat PMDG's 777..

looks like an old fs9 freeware aircraft.

I'd love to know what freeware FS9 aircraft you had which looked like that.

Al

Alan Bradbury

I'd love to know what freeware FS9 aircraft you had which looked like that.

MelJet or whatever it was had some great external models, but didn't have VCs, I think...

...wait...was that FS2002?

Kyle Rodgers

why is the camera so far back in the cockpit?

are they afraid to show the low res textures up close?

this video doesn't make me want to buy it

Hi Al:

Well after flying pmdg products I guess my expectations are quite high. IMO it doesn't even come close.

Rich Sennett

Hi Al:

Well after flying pmdg products I guess my expectations are quite high. IMO it doesn't even come close.

That is almost certainly true, but then again, it was never AeroSim's intention 'to come close', ie. it is a 'lite' product, aimed at good frame rates, and Aerosim make no claim to the contrary where that is concerned, nor to whom their target audience is for their FSX aircraft. Thus it is hardly appropriate to ungraciously suggest it looks like FS9 freeware simply for adhering to its design goal, which at no point was ever intended to compare with what PMDG are aiming for.

To quote directly from the Aerosim B787 Japanese product page information (my translation): 'the 787 uses the default FSX navigation system to minimise the drop in frame rates' and 'modeling detail considers the frame rates in FSX'

why is the camera so far back in the cockpit?

are they afraid to show the low res textures up close?

That's not an official AeroSim promo video, it's a video someone put up on youtube, there are plenty of close up pics of the textures on the AeroSim website.

Al

Alan Bradbury