Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

Buttkicker & NGX

Guest Mik75
What settings are you guys using on the Buttkicker for flying the NGX? Currently I'm using the settings recommended in the documentation for games that is both low and high filters enabled and the high frequency filter set to 40.

Subsonic filter off, high cut is on, cutoff frequency ~80 Hz

Subsonic filter off, high cut is on, cutoff frequency ~80 Hz

Will try those settings too, thanks for sharing!

Richard Åsberg

Subsonic filter off

I only have a Low Filter Cutoff, High On/Off button & High Cutoff Frequency knob. Would the Subsonic filter off be the Low Filter Cutoff?

Just received this today, good bit of kit, would anyone else mind sharing their settings ? I am finding it a bit difficult to set up so you just feel it when you activate speed brakes or gear down.

Thanks Paul

Using the settings mentioned above by Mik75 I feel the speedbrakes clearly and the gear at least to some extent but what I almost like most is how I feel the bumps when taxing and also how the engines come alive during startup. That to me really makes it feel like I would actually be there for real.

This product is the best investment I did for my simming experience in a long time!

Richard Åsberg

Using the settings mentioned above by Mik75 I feel the speedbrakes clearly and the gear at least to some extent but what I almost like most is how I feel the bumps when taxing and also how the engines come alive during startup. That to me really makes it feel like I would actually be there for real.

This product is the best investment I did for my simming experience in a long time!

Yes I agree, do you have yours setup so you can feel the vibrations at all times when you are flying even when you don't use the speed rakes ? I can't make my mind up..........

"feel the vibrations at all times when you are flying"

I have it always vibrating a bit while in flight Big%20Grin.gif

Rich Sennett

Be aware guys it (buttkicker) will not work with USB digital headset as this cuts out the sound card. You need the standard mic and headphone jacks, if you want to use a headset and buttkicker

I think I read there's a way to fix that using some small utility/application making the Buttkicker work just fine also with usb headsets.

Richard Åsberg

Well after reading this thread i have ordered my Buttkicker 2 last week from simmarket and looking forward to recieving this (Denmark) . Dont actually know where it is send from and how long it will take. Hopefully it is worth every penny :-) (euro in my case)

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

If you ordered from Simware it will only take a couple of days before you have it and I'm pretty sure that you'll like it the same way most of us do.

Write a few lines here what you think once you've got it and tried it out.

Richard Åsberg

Well doing my first flight with this . Cant really deside how high the volume should be but i have it on low right now - feels a bit more realistic.

The low filter button is not touch but the high is on and freq is about 70-80.

How high do you have the volume ? 

PS! i have tried to plug the kicker to the ampflier twice as i can not see + or - on the plug. cant feel any difference i guess.

Other than that i will get use to the rumble in air i guess :-)

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Well having spending 2 weeks or so flying with this i still need to tweak this equipment but with the enhancement sound made by steve inwood its getting better and better. I do want the feeling of touchdown to be more explosive but over all this is a god buy (8/10)

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png