Sign in to follow this  
Wolfko

Anyone heard of this new flightsim - Aerofly FS? It's Stunning!

No matter how awesome the graphics - without planes from PMDG, caranado, realair and airports from ORBX, aerosoft etc, there won't be much reason to fly it

I must agree that for GA even in spite of the limited number of planes this is THE DEFINITIVE sim.

What it does it does perfectly.

FSX does many more things but none of them are perfect - so if you want variety you'll go to FSX, FS9 or P3D - if you want the FEELING of flying a real plane you'll go to Aerofly.

Oh and there are currently 11 airports so this s much cheaper than some FSX airport add-ons, Don't forget that while FSX airports are many, the default ones are not as good and you have to pay extra to get airports as good as this.

I actually have to say after playing around a bit to get controls set up this is what I hoped FLIGHT would be... These are by far the best graphics and details I have seen to date, flyability seems spot on, I am really impressed...

I REALLY hope Aerofly sticks with this and expands it, what they have done so far is phenomenal!

One question, anyone know how to change the pan rate? I find with the snap to view it is too quick and the pan mode seems incredibly slow... Any ideas? (Do I need my trackIR again)

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I actually have to say after playing around a bit to get controls set up this is what I hoped FLIGHT would be... These are by far the best graphics and details I have seen to date, flyability seems spot on, I am really impressed...

I REALLY hope Aerofly sticks with this and expands it, what they have done so far is phenomenal!

One question, anyone know how to change the pan rate? I find with the snap to view it is too quick and the pan mode seems incredibly slow... Any ideas? (Do I need my trackIR again)

Glad to hear you are enjoying it! Unless I am practicing a "procedure" or instrument approach, seems I rarely touch FSX anymore.

I seem to remember reading somewhere on their forums, way back when, about the pan rate, but I cannot find it now. I always use Track IR, if you still have it that would be your best bet, especially when flying the Pitts :)

Darrell

The TrackiR works well with this. I am having some trouble getting my combat foot pedals set up to control just the rudder. What about toe brakes? Setup is not very clear to me in this area.

The TrackiR works well with this. I am having some trouble getting my combat foot pedals set up to control just the rudder. What about toe brakes? Setup is not very clear to me in this area.

Don't know if you eventually got this sorted; if not, I would suggest also joining the Aerofly forums.

http://www.ipacs.de/forum/forum.php

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I would suggest also joining the Aerofly forums

I was never allowed to :-( Never passed the registration. Waited endlessly for an activation and eventually gave up... Maybe they only open the forums for product-registered members, or maybe it was not working at the time (?)

Anyway, looks great, and I did have the chance to try it at a friends home ( the same guy who x-planized me :-) I really didn't find the flight dynamics (at least those of the gliders) that great, I must admit, but the sound, the scenery and the graphics looked nice! Also, I was not used to his controllers - maybe it need proper settings...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

They are very proud of their flight model, but are not at all unhappy to receive useful feedback. Some of the threads there would be right up your alley.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Not sure about the sailplanes (only have 4 hours rw in them) but love the Cessna 172-especially the ground handling/ground effect and the hdr shading on the instruments is way ahead of the pack-along with clear to read instruments!

It looks awesome but why oh why did they skimp on cloud shadows?? I refuse to believe that this cannot be done well on modern hardware.

Probably for the same reasons that plague all sims that try for a civilian focus: budgetary concerns. I suspect given a chance and enough interest, they would probably love to implement it, but first they have to get some of that development money back to warrant and pay for it.......

This is kind of a catch 22. Unfortunately, the remnants of the civilian market trend so strongly towards technical simulation at the moment that a sim as spare on button clicking and instrumentation as Aerofly might never get the support to grow beyond that point.

In that regard, this community might be its own worst enemy, because in settling only for perfection we might end up with nothing at all.

I hope Aerofly gets the chance to reach its potential.

Devons rig

Don't know if you eventually got this sorted; if not, I would suggest also joining the Aerofly forums.

I have joined the Aerofly forum and starting to work through some problems I have with the setup interface. It is starting to look good. I have not left MS Flight and have also been back to FSX a bit also. I would rather have just stayed with Flight if it would have just stayed with us!