Sign in to follow this  
Wolfko

Anyone heard of this new flightsim - Aerofly FS? It's Stunning!

No matter how awesome the graphics - without planes from PMDG, caranado, realair and airports from ORBX, aerosoft etc, there won't be much reason to fly it

No matter how awesome the graphics - without planes from PMDG, caranado, realair and airports from ORBX, aerosoft etc, there won't be much reason to fly it

Did you watch the video? It's fantastic!

Did you watch the video? It's fantastic!

I did. It looks awesome. But they cannot recreate every airport like this with this quality. Same goes for airplane. There won't be a 737 like the NGX, and they won't have europe airports even close to what exists in FSX. So in the end you'll return to FSX.

I did. It looks awesome. But they cannot recreate every airport like this with this quality. Same goes for airplane. There won't be a 737 like the NGX, and they won't have europe airports even close to what exists in FSX. So in the end you'll return to FSX.

Well lets keep in mind that it's a very new sim, and off a lot of people's radar. I don't know if they have an SDK, but at least it's another potential platform upon which the hobby can move forward.

Well lets keep in mind that it's a very new sim, and off a lot of people's radar. I don't know if they have an SDK, but at least it's another potential platform upon which the hobby can move forward.

Perhaps but i'll take 5-10 years before it'll be better than FSX

I am finding this sim is filling in the stale FSX, not quite ready for prime time Xplane, and didn't quite make it flight for me. Yes you can't twiddle any dials ( which I always found cumbersome and taking away from what it was like rw-unless you had incredible hardware) but for getting the feeling and fun of flight this has come te closest IMHO.

I am finding this sim is filling in the stale FSX, not quite ready for prime time Xplane, and didn't quite make it flight for me. Yes you can't twiddle any dials ( which I always found cumbersome and taking away from what it was like rw-unless you had incredible hardware) but for getting the feeling and fun of flight this has come te closest IMHO.

I'm finding quite the same experience also. Even though I've got X-Plane 10, just can't get used to the scenery, and FSX just doesn't feel the same anymore after experiencing turbulence coming in for a landing over some trees, or feeling the wind effects off the hills surrounding an airport in Aerofly. Love flying the Pitts and seeing the shadows in all the cockpits, hearing the sound of the slipstream changing when slipping, the change in sound when taking off and the plane leaving the ground.

Hopefully the developers keep improving this one, it's quickly becoming my "go-to" sim when I need to relax a few minutes.

Darrell

Well you guys convinced me to give it a whirl...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Well you guys convinced me to give it a whirl...

I don't think you will be disappointed. It's basic "Saturday morning flying." Just cruising around for the fun of it. Click on the Track-IR icon to activate, click on the Aerofly icon and bam! Flying within 15 seconds, no waiting for addon weather programs to start up, cd's to load to make sure you have a license, etc etc. The planes actually feel like they're flying in air and not on rails.

Darrell

Excited for it to get here, thanks for sharing!

-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I do love the Pitts. I don't really care if I ever see any airliners here. That is not what I am looking for in a GA sim.