Sign in to follow this  
DeltaMD11

who wants a PMDG 717

who wants a PMDG 717  

363 members have voted

1. 1. who wants a PMDG 717

• yes
    • no

I personally doubt the 787 will come after the 747 unless PMDG as got together easy access to one and full performance data by then. Just not enough of them around for a while yet.

I do hope I am wrong however!

full performance datas is available via my boeing fleet so not a problem and they (pmdg ) have a license agreement with Boeing. very costly but seems it work great here.

Phil

It isn't popular because Boeing pushed their own 737. The 717 was supposed to be the MD95 until they got bought out. My guess is part of the purchase deal was Boeing would take over and continue the development and production. The problems was that the 717 competed a little too well the the 737. In the end, would you want to promote your own brainchild, or someone else's?

The 71 is actually a pretty good aircraft. For starters, on a route from Honolulu to Hilo, the 717's burn about 3000lbs of fuel. Mesa's CRJ's; 3500lbs. An aircraft that is almost twice the size and can carry twice as much burns 15% less fuel. Keep in mind the pilot's at Hawaiian don't exactly understand the meaning of ECON speeds. My CFII instructor is an FO for Hawaiian. Depending on the Captain, the cruize speed is between 5kts below redline and redline. I've seen pictures of the PFD with the airspeed literally at MMO in cruize. You wonder why Hawaiian keeps winning #1 on time airline.

It's also unbelievebly quiet. When I was learning to fly (before I could drive) I would walk past 8L at HNL and you could still carry on a phone conversation with the 717 screaming overhead on takeoff. I swear the Aztec I flew was noiser than that thing.

It's also perfect for Hawaiian because the slat and gear speeds are so much higher than any other aircraft. Depending on the time of day (especially the last flight of the day), it helps when you're at 2000' on a 7 mile final at 300kts to just drop the gear to help slow down. In case you haven't noticed, we DO follow the 250 below 10,000'. I mean it's Mach 250 below 10,000 right? :P

250 KIAS Knots-Indicated Air Speed

I prefer a PMDG 787X. New technology. Can be used for Short/Long Flights, Replacement for 767, which PMDG has never released. Improved Performance, no more bleed air stuff. and so on.

you can use the 744 for short flight as in Japan with D for domestic usage ...

pretty sure the 777 will bring something new in simming for FSX users.

Phil

ps : the 717 is different and not very close to the Boeing Philosophy so i vote no.

bpcw001,

you re right about Gulfstream but this no-support for flightsim came well before FSX ...

i have connections there and it s still a no.

all the best.

Phil

ps : but that s true that after all the big jets a "small" biz will be great ...

That's too bad. While I do not understand the reasons behind Gulfstream's denial, we'll have to accept the decision. :(

As for the aircraft made by PMDG:

I think we already have enough biggie long haulers. MD11, 747, soon the 777 ... what else do you want?

Let's have something in the business jet and/or regional department which will allow us to fly into smaller airports as well.

Takeoff from 10.000ft rwy - 10-12 hours boredom in fully automated cruise - ILS and touchdown on a 10.000ft rwy several thousand miles away - well, even real pilots get bored with this.

Dave P. Woycek

Yeah, eh, I'm not sure you yourself qualify as the FSX community. I was simply generalizing.

Yeah, but still wrong :P

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK