Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi guys,

I'm enjoying the PMDG 737 NGX since the first hour. But since a few flights I got a very annoying problem. When I'm crusing everything is fine, until some sounds makes a annoying 'beep-beep-beep' sound. I checked everything and I think the best I can do is post pictures of it:

error1l.png

This is a picture of the upper overhead. My master caution panel says in orange: OVERHEAD

Then, when I cut the sound off by clicking on the ALT HORN cutout (http://www.b737.org..../dcpcspanel.jpg) everything seems fine, except the PASS OXY ON warning on the first picture.

After several minutes the same 'warning' happens, only this time without sound (because I ignored it last time). This time, my master caution panel says:

error21.png

and my presurrisation changed into this (AUTO FAIL):

error22.png

So it has something to do with presurrisation. I hope someone can tell me exactly the problem, and how I can avoid it in the future.

Regards,

If your passenger oxygen is on, then you've had a de-pressurisation midflight.

Either that or you didn't set the relevant panel correctly. By any chance did you perform a "Packs Off" takeoff and forget to turn the packs back on after departure?

Thanks

Matthew T Gardiner

You need to have your cruise altitude selected on the pressurization panel. Also, use engine bleed air for the pressurization during cruise, not the APU..

sigavs_zps46a02822.jpg

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Ah, I understand. How is this possible, and how to avoid it?

Regards,

You need to set your flight altitude and landing altitude before takeoff.

Ron Musick, PP-ASEL-IA

AOPA # 00642403

Yes I know, I already did that, but because of the auto fail it disappeared.

I see the problem, I used the APU BLEED instead of the ENGINE BLEED, I'm sure, because the problem did only 2 times occured in let's say 200flights.

Thanks guys,

Just look at your last picture... Engine Bleed are closed and I don't think you are using your APU to pressurize the aircraft. You have the cabin de-pressurized and therefore oxygen mask are deployed.

Try setting your pressurization system properly and you won't have any issues. Remember: ENG Bleeds ON, APU Bleed OFF, PACKS AUTO and ISOLATION VALVE AUTO

Agustín Contreras

B737-8AS FO

This is the reason to do pressurization checks at passing ten thousand - so this will not happen :)

--Peter Fabian 
RTFM.jpg

And to think that a real life crew had this same issue, makes my skin crawl.

Jim Driscoll 9900k@5000,2080TI@1950
EVo 970 M2 1TB Hyper threading On
64GB DDR4 3200 2560X1080/60Hz

I just want to be clear on something because I've read this a reason for the cabin altitude horn. Failing to set cruise altitude WILL NOT cause th cabin altitude warning. The pressurization computer will not allow the cabin altitude to climb that high even if you don't set the cruise altitude. Barring a system failure If you get the cabin altitude warning you have set the bleeds or packs incorrectly.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Barring a system failure If you get the cabin altitude warning you have set the bleeds or packs incorrectly.

Engine bleeds on, or the trip will be very uncomfortable.

Dave Wegner

- Don't be afraid of common sense or the search function.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

39%
    $9,930.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now