Sign in to follow this  
Bonkster

ORBX Jackson Hole Released!

Just got the e-mail this morning!

Downloaded and installed and it is spectacular! One of their best yet!

Super smooth on frames and the eye candy is simply stunning!

Guest firehawk44

I've been waiting for this one too and FTX was the first site I visited this morning. In the process of downloading the last setup file. The pictures look stunning! Looks like an exciting area to visit and explore. I also bit the dust and bought the Monroe airport.

Best regards,

Jim

Finally, a US airport that is large enough for commercial aircraft. I think I'll pick this one up but $70 is a little steep for an airport and the corresponding region.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

From what I currently have, plus what I can see on their website, all the ORBX stuff appears to be stunning and of outstanding quality. I have a problem though with ANY retailer who doesn't display ANY prices until AFTER selecting the 'buy now' button.

Every time I go to the Orbx site and see it's the same, I close it again. My loss I'm sure, but it's a principle for me.

Dougal, I agree, I noticed the same thing. Generally speaking I'm a bit shocked at how expensive those airports are. I bought the Stewart airport and frankly I was disappointed. You're paying what amounts to the cost of a normal AAA computer game for a graphics upgrade of a very limited geographical area with no functionality apart from the purely visual.

Going to the buy it button simply transfers one to a vendor that does display the price.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I have a problem though with ANY retailer who doesn't display ANY prices until AFTER selecting the 'buy now' button.

Your choice, of course, but an odd principle to my mind. The "Buy Now" button simply takes you to the retailer who actually handles the transaction. There you can clearly see the price (in the currency of your choice) well before you begin any transaction. This is pretty common for on-line companies selling to an international audience.

Scott

no functionality apart from the purely visual

Well of course its a scenery addon, what other functionality should it have?

Moving this to the appropriate "Unofficial ORBX Forum" but am leaving a link directly from the FSX Forum.

Kind regards,

You're paying what amounts to the cost of a normal AAA computer game for a graphics upgrade of a very limited geographical area with no functionality apart from the purely visual.

You're leaving out one detail in this apples/oranges comparison. Add in the phrase "to a very limited audience" and the price becomes clearer. Whether it's worth it to you, or not, is certainly subjective. I like having a few detailed airports in a region, so I buy a few, but would agree they're pricey enough that I'm picky and don't get everthing - or even all I'd like to have.

I think Stewart's great, but to each his own.

Scott

Finally, a US airport that is large enough for commercial aircraft. I think I'll pick this one up but $70 is a little steep for an airport and the corresponding region.

The price is AUD$ 32.95

What´s the $70 about??

You're leaving out one detail in this apples/oranges comparison. Add in the phrase "to a very limited audience" and the price becomes clearer. Whether it's worth it to you, or not, is certainly subjective. I like having a few detailed airports in a region, so I buy a few, but would agree they're pricey enough that I'm picky and don't get everthing - or even all I'd like to have.

I think Stewart's great, but to each his own.

Scott

Hi Scott,

Yes, you're right. There is a very limited audience for this and I guess that reflects the price. Still, Orbx has 60 people working for them and offices on several continents according to the recent mail from the CEO. Maybe the audience isn't that limited :-)

The price is AUD$ 32.95

What´s the $70 about??

I assume the poster is adding the cost of Central Rocky Mountain (CRM) to the total price. Well worth the price in my opinion but everyone has their own perspective on the value proposition.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

The price is AUD$ 32.95

What´s the $70 about??

To really get the most out of the scenery, I would also need to buy Central Rockies. My statement had less to do with ORBX pricing and more to do with my reluctance to spend $70 on basically one airport that I'll be flying in to.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Oh, I understand, thought you has ORBX PNW or others already, go get it then!

:Party: