Sign in to follow this  
momtchil

Good Embraer EMB 110 freeware

Edgar Guinart (http://aeroproyecto.freetzi.com/) has released a new version of his Embraer EMB 110 Bandeirante with a VC! The links from his site are not working but the new EMB 110 has recently been uploaded to flightsim:

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=166277

I've just tried it out and I've got to say its pretty good. Its certanly up there with other memorable freeware turboprop offerings, like the Rockwell Turbo Commander 690B from Veneaviones; Rick Piper and Milton Shupe's wonderful planes; AFG's NAMC YS-11 and Beechcraft Super King Air 300; etc...

The flight dynamics, systems and 3D model are very nicely done:

gallery_158959_9_131967.jpg

gallery_158959_9_42483.jpg

gallery_158959_9_194696.jpg

and the VC is good as well:

gallery_158959_9_95186.jpg

gallery_158959_9_109561.jpg

gallery_158959_9_66338.jpg

gallery_158959_9_282494.jpg

Engine, Wheel Breaks and Landing Gear failures are simulated! Hypoxia is also simulated, the aircraft is not pressurized, so going over a certain altitude - 12,000ft, will bring on problems.

Nice 2D panels are also included.

Its a very nice aircraft to fly around in FS9 and I strongly recommend it.

I liked it so much that I went and tried to find a little bit more about the real plane (I know a little bit about the EMB 120, but didn't really know much about its predecessor - the EMB 110). Its actually an impressive and flexible little turboprop, it can easily be adapted to carry either cargo or 15-20 passengers. It offers good economy and is said to have very nice handling characteristics. Its been around since the 70s and the only clear limitation is the lack of a pressurized cabin, and therefore going over a certain altitude without supplemental oxygen masks will cause Hypoxia. Although there is a presurised version - the EMB 110P2/41, the majority of aircraft produced do not have this ability. At some point Embraer stoped further development and focused on the larger EMB 120 Brasilia. However the Brazilian Airforce, who have a large fleet of EMB 110s still in operation, have made attempts to update some of their examples with modern avionics and systems.

Thanks for the heads up. Looks excellent!

Thank You, good news. Has model animated weather radar? Or is at screens simply wx- dummy?

Sorry no weather radar. Its a dummy.

But if you have one on another aircraft, with some tweaking you should be able to add it in here too. Lots of people have done this on the Level-D 767 and other aircraft..

If anyone does add the RXP WX radar, many of us would be appreciative if you could provide the panel settings. I don't have a panel editor and definitely don't have the skills to add it to VC but if someone can do this, it would be great.

BTW - a word of warning. If you try adding the RXP radar to LevelD you may have problems. I did so and had some weird issues until I finally found a thread on the LevelD support forum warning us not to do this.. Just FYI

Thank You for Your answers. I do not have RXP, due to not stable action it at another models. Before, I was find several fw models of wx, but now I not haven`t time for experiments at it integration. So, If You have wish I may suggest several quick variants for install fw wx models which I know(but I not have any warranty about wx stable action). This is topic for EMB`s discussion, and I think it will be better start discussion, about integration of wx, into new topic. If You wish to start discussion about wx integration- answer here, and I`ll open new topic. Let`s everybody, who wish, can try make integration.

Is it me, or the cockpit of the Bandeirante is in Portuguese? Downloading...

Best regards from Colombia,

Luis Miguel

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Nice find Momtchil, thanks for sharing.

Gonna take this for a spin, some history of these operating in New Zealand and hasnt been a decent model for some time

Dean Stringer

Sweet a nice looking Bandeirante.

Thanks Mom!

Is it me, or the cockpit of the Bandeirante is in Portuguese? Downloading...

Best regards from Colombia,

Luis Miguel

Yes - the panel has Portugese labels for switches, etc.

Graeme Butler

If anyone does add the RXP WX radar, many of us would be appreciative if you could provide the panel settings. I don't have a panel editor and definitely don't have the skills to add it to VC but if someone can do this, it would be great.

BTW - a word of warning. If you try adding the RXP radar to LevelD you may have problems. I did so and had some weird issues until I finally found a thread on the LevelD support forum warning us not to do this.. Just FYI

I don't have the RXP WX radar.

I've been meaning to try to connect the PSS 777 weather radar (or the Catain Sim one I got along with their 757) to the Level-D 767, but not inside the MFD (don't think that's possible without issues), I'd be happy with it to appear separately on the pedestal in the VC - Think I've seen a few screenshots with that type of set-up. Haven't had a lot of free time to research and play around with this too much though - hopefully I'll find the time to do it at some point........

With regards to the EMB 110 here. I wanted to connect to its panel and VC -

the Project Tupolev (PT) Groza radar,

r60342_1.jpg

the PT KLN90B GPS;

00026562.jpg

and

the PT TCAS gauge (or Lee Hetherington's great TCAS II 7.0 - file 'ilh_tcas_v4.zip' from the AVSIM library).

If I ever find the time to do it, I'll post the instructions here :)

Hoping to resurrect this topic...does anyone know if there are any more repaints for this model, besides Aerocaribbean? Thanks

Not sure, I haven't been able to find any (the majority of EMB 110 repaints I've seen are for AI and other older models, not this one); but white template textures are included in the pack and anyone can make repaints for it.

Hm ?... The FlightSim link doesn't work now.

David

Must have happened when they updated their system.

Here's the new link for it:

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?do=copyright&fid=166277

I'll update the one in the opening post too.

Filename: 'aeroproyecto_e110.zip' <- if all else fails search for that and it will come up.