Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The AVSIM Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

deeknow

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by deeknow

  1. Love the fleet and livery Joe, and great looking website too!!! Good luck w the VA, great to see something new popping up 👍
  2. Mmmmm ... I've historically kept ALL installer.exe's on my NAS drive just in case, however some of the simmarket installers do a round trip to their server to get the actual activation key, that would be a bummer if that stopped working so am thinking prolly best to archive the actual installed scenery/texture folders and add-on.xml and effects stuff etc instead of the installer itself????
  3. Great thread, can totally relate to the OP, as well as most of the other respondees (is that even a word?!?!) When I feel like I'm in that cycle and have less interest in actual flying and don't wanna lay down any $$$ on sales, I redirect to doing some "project work" for awhile, tweak/correct some AFCADs, create photoreal for an underserved area, install retro liveries and such like. My latest effort has been a 2008 era North America and Europe AI project, has taken two weekends now but I'm ready to rip into flying some 747s, MD80s, 737 classics and the like.... whether I actually DO any flying is another thing ... will keep you posted 😄
  4. @longrangecruise You have to wait for email, can take between hours and days depending on how busy and/or healthy the author is. You will been to be patient, but worth it IMHO. Also the downloads are anything between 20 and 100GB for a state split into seperate 10GB zip archive files so you need to download the whole set for a state before exporting. Worth trying a few states, most are a big improvement on stock, and even Orbx Global in most cases
  5. Right ... so it's mucking things up on the bulk update operation? .. yeah I haven't refreshed liveries or schedules for a few months, tend to only do that couple of times a year max. Defo will hold off for awhile then. A bit off topic, but have just spent the last two weekends when weather not too flash outside building up a full retro AI install (manually using AIFP) for the USA and any majors who fly to/from there. Setting is the merger/pre-merger period 2007-2009 sorta years so can rock all the cool old US Airways, Continental, ATA, Midwest, Southwest, Sun Country liveries and swap most of the newer A380, 350 and 787 wide-bodies for 747s, loads of 757/757s and MD8x's, regional Saab340s, EMB120s etc. Was kinda fun collecting all the liveries and converting some older models w MCX. Looks great now, loving it (will fire up another thread for it)
  6. I've not seen many if any issues w missing non-P3D compatible paints Ray, I have hundreds of OCI installed airlines and non missing from what I can see. Most FSX paints will work fine. Mind you, I do have a lot of payware AI models from FSPX so perhaps some of the Airbus and Boeing models have FSPX paints these days....
  7. Thanks Rocky. Finally picked up the updated EGLC London City for P3D.
  8. Try changing the following value to "3.0" .. it's a reference to the source containing your main blend mask, it's currently referencing "6.0" which doesn't exist as you only have 3 sources right?
  9. Have you updated your GPU drivers recently? worth re-installing an older version of them? Could it also be an AI traffic file update? try removing any in scenery/world/scenery/ that have been recently updated. Also, could be a setting you made recently that's stored in Prepar3D.cfg, try saving the file somewhere then deleting the original so P3D recreates a brand new copy with default settings? Can always reinstate your latest .cfg if that's not the problem.
  10. AIFP v3 is avail over at fsdeveloper, works well, will compile for FSX and P3D https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/resources/ai-flight-planner.279/
  11. Remember the PSS 777 well, was quite decent in it's day. Good luck, hope ya find something. Guess you've considered the Wilco 777 or even the freeware POSKY 777 in the meantime? https://www.wilcopub.com/777-the-modern-airliner-collection-wilco-fleet-5428.html
  12. Jeeze, I was trying to install an AI pack for NetJets and WheelsUp yesterday, was quite the mission tracking down the P3D compatible models for the various biz-jets and liveries, so many sites and sources ... Got there in the end w a couple of payware DFAI models for the Phenom and Citation 680A. Now my virtual skies and tarmacs are loaded with them 😘
  13. they're USUALLY avail right here in the avsim library but for some reason they're not turning up in the extended file search at the moment, e.g. tfs77w.zip even the AlphaIndia index points back to here for the TFS 777 but the links don't work https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=4198.0
  14. Been really pleasing to see some continuing interest, few more threads popping up lately. Re scenery, I'm no modeller but I have been doing a bunch of photoreal and AFCAD tweak sets for various smaller regional airports lately, esp. in the USA. Have done this for places like Spokane KGEG, Boise KBOI, Laredo KLRD, Brownsville KBRO, Muscle Shoals KMSL, Dodge City KDDC, Wichita KICT, Lexington KLEX etc. and mostly to work-above/blend-with either Orbx Global or Fernando's FCScenerys photoreal/auto-gen packs. Have typically done them where there's a decent AFCAD or freeware airport available and then edited the AFCAD to hide runway and taxiways and let the custom photoreal show through where its available at a decent level of detail, and add a few library objects here and there. Yes, I wouldn't need to do this if I moved to MSFS 202x but for now I'm sticking w P3D. If there's any interest might fire up a separate thread or website and work out a way to share them? If I've edited an existing AFCAD I'll need to seek permission from the original author before releasing that, the photoreal will work OK without it although certain placements and taxiways wont line up properly without the moded AFCAD.
  15. Worth considering a Radeon RX 9070 XT too, slightly cheaper than a xx90 .. good bang for buck.
  16. Nice. Will grab this. Have their earlier freeware for Cape Verde which is great for a freebie.
  17. Chances are they are in the main scenery folder under your P3D install, e.g. C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Scenery\World\scenery\ .. or .. Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\TrafficGlobal\scenery Look for names like... Traffic_LibyanWings_Summer25.bgl And rename them with an extension like .OFF or something, then they won't get loaded next time you start the sim, but you can reinstate later by renaming back to ***.bgl
  18. Nope, sadly (I just missed out buying it before it went offline)
  19. Survey results were a bit depressing, but as per a few other responses here have found P3D super stable and have many pay-ware add-ons that I'm happy with and don't fancy buying again in MSFS despite the eye-candy. @Baber20 I'd second ORBX FTX Global. Oh and P3D v5.3 too version wise. If Orbx isn't your thing and you have loads of disk space and fly mainly in one or two countries/regions, do check out the photo-real/auto-gen from https://www.fcscenerys.com/newhomepage
  20. Hey @Matt Sdeel I don't have the RealityXP add-ons running but I do have the Flysimware F50 and it runs sweet in v5.3 Be interested to hear tho re the GNS stuff if anyone does get back to you
  21. think I've got most of these @davidk64 DM me if you still looking for them and I'll send you a Google Drive download link (not sure on the formal distribution details of them)
  22. Nice one Ray !!! love the fuel cost tally too, nice idea A little disappointed though that you didn't visit us in New Zealand
  23. Nice work @Ray Proudfoot I also have a paid for copy of this and would love to know how also for my own use
  24. That looks like standard Orbx EU to me, quite different to the Swiss FC Scenery I downloaded. Are you sure you activated it correctly?
  25. an error when extracting the ZIP? did you buy a copy of the Utah state or is it the demo copy? either way only thing can suggest is re-download the ZIPs again?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.