Sign in to follow this  
Chock

A quick fly by of Pro ATC

I hope it all works out in the end, as a concept it's not actually a completely bad idea.

That's really all I'm trying to say, the community should offer support if it can, especially for what it wants.

Best regards

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Guest firehawk44

has anyone tried a flight with the latest 1027 patch

Has anyone had a chance to try out the 1028 patch? I'm testing now...

Best regards,

Jim

Success! The 1028 patch worked for me. Did the flight from KORD to KSTL and everything went well in the default B737. ATC Approach control brought me down on the dime on R/W 12L in foggy overcast weather. I'm so excited about it really working without a flaw this time. Co-pilot took care of everything and I heard all of the flight attendant briefings. Did not hear background ATC though but still happy with my FIRST EVER success!

Best regards,

Jim

Good news, Jim! Thanks for keeping at it.

If others can duplicate Jim's success--consistently, a purchase may just be in my future. Now, if I could just figure out a way to get a commission to Jim, Al, et al. :LMAO:

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

1028 worked here !!! The only prob is that approach gave me the star and the runway and then it started telling me to keep flying around at 11,000ft even if I really needed to be at 6,000..I'll keep testing later on.

Anyway looks like all will be good.

That's encouraging. Looking forward to giving it a whirl later to see if I can enjoy similar results.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Guest firehawk44

The only prob is that approach gave me the star and the runway and then it started telling me to keep flying around at 11,000ft even if I really needed to be at 6,000..I'll keep testing later on.

I used the default 737 and let the co-pilot handle everything, including descent to the runway. At the runway, turned off AP and took over the controls and landed. Just wondering if you were following the ATC vectoring or did you also allow your co-pilot to bring it down? I'm thinking you might have missed a waypoint and ATC was thinking you were still trying to get to it. Also, think I read on their forum that it is not compatible with the PMDG 737 yet but they are working on it (and it might now be compatible). In any case, glad to see you almost had a completely successful flight. I'm going to try the first flightplan from KLAX to KSFO which was always unsuccessful.

Best regards,

Jim

Guest firehawk44

May have spoken too soon above about 'success'. Just tried my old KLAX to KSFO plan and lost ATC while flying the SID our of LAX at FL140. Just recalulated the plan, saved and will try again. The only difference from my successful flight this morning was the fact I started ProATC as administrator as they suggested with the patch. This morning I just opened ProATC up and flew the plan. This is not good as it should work everytime. Testing again....

Best regards,

Jim

Did their default EDDF-EDDH yet again, this time with version 1.0.2.8. Pro ATC crashed immediately after contact with approach. So over 2 weeks now, and not a single successful flight so far. Some of the ambience sounds have disappeared now as well. I expect ATC is one of the more difficult things to improve in FS X, so renewed respect for the MS ATC (which I always quite liked anyway) and PFE. Shame that Pro ATC is not working too well for some, the developer does seem to be trying hard to please. :sad:

Michael

Guest firehawk44

Second time is a charm for me as far as the KLAX to KSFO flight. First time lost contact with ATC in the middle of the SID out of LAX. Recalulated the flight plan, saved, and tried again and this time it worked all the way down to FL3500 after I was given approval to land and then the co-pilot stopped leaving me at FL3500 and slightly right of the 28R ILS (I was approved to land on 28L so way off the glideslope). The co-pilot set the ILS NAV frequency and it was correct but the aircraft refused to capture the glideslope all the way down to landing. The PFD did not show the aircraft had captured the glideslope either even thought the ILS NAV was correct. I had to land the aircraft manually. Upon landing ATC told me to contact ground control so ATC was still working and seeing what was going on. Other than that the flight was a success but it was a somewhat awkward flight plan. So the 1028 patch is working for me much better than in the past. I need to rework the background ATC as I hear UK ATC in the background even though I told the program that my US directory covers the USA. To me that's not an issue. It seems they are getting closer to complete success but they need to make it compatible with all similar aircraft (i.e., the B737, PMDG 737, i-fly 737, CS737, etc.).

Earlier I had a complete success with the 1028 patch into St Louis and the co-pilot took me all the way down to the runway. Don't understand why this didn't happen for KSFO.

So over 2 weeks now, and not a single successful flight so far.

Sorry to hear you are still having issues Michael!

Best regards,

Jim

Is it possible as in RC4 to add your own recorded background chatter, and sort it so it only can be heard at selected regions ?

Thanks

Finally the first successful flight.Actually the second.Patch 1028 did it. Jim make sure you download patch 1028 again.The one you have/had was prob 1027 even if it read 1028.The dev told me to download it again.Patience paid off !

Won't get this until confirmed it works

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Guest firehawk44

Finally the first successful flight.Actually the second.Patch 1028 did it. Jim make sure you download patch 1028 again.The one you have/had was prob 1027 even if it read 1028.The dev told me to download it again.Patience paid off !

Good to hear you have it working too. Thanks for the tip on the 1028 patch.

Best regards,

Jim

Is it possible as in RC4 to add your own recorded background chatter, and sort it so it only can be heard at selected regions ?

Thanks

Hello

Yes it is possible