Sign in to follow this  
Chock

A quick fly by of Pro ATC

Guest firehawk44

hello jim,

Did you try that?

http://dailykermit.w...device-control/

Find on their forum and it works for some people.

Fred

As I stated above, I have tried it with the PMDG 737 and the default 737. Neither work.

Another thing that might be throwing people is the actual vectors given - it seems that they are the vectors you need to fly if you are already on track. For example, let's say you're flying a SID, on a runway 27, and the first waypoint is 5 miles at 300 according to ProATC, but you're in your NGX and following the SID as given by Pro-ATC which you've set up on your FMC. the Navigraph data you're flying actully has you flying straight out for 3 miles and then turning to intercept that way point. So you fly 270 for 3 miles and then turn to something like 320 to intercept the first waypoint.

All is fine, except that you'll get a vector from ProATC to fly 300, even though if you do, you'll miss the waypoint because you're now south of and flying parallel to the planned track!! In other words, the vectors tell you where you should have been going if you'd flown the Pro-ATC track,and not deviated from it, which you did because, in all innocence, you used the REAL data from navigraph!.

It's a bag of nails.

Andy

This is why I have stated you must look in the Nav log soon after takeoff and make sure you have the same waypoints in the PMDG FMC as in the Nav log. This is not a problem with the default as your co-pilot takes you exactly where ATC directs without any intervention on your part. The only problem is at the other end when communications are lost.

Best regards,

Jim

The only problem is at the other end when communications are lost.

...and I suspect that is to do with editing the flightplan. I've never had a problem if I just accept the planned route. You can ask it to replan the route and I usually find that out of the 3 or 4 variations it comes up with, at least one of them bares some resemblance to a sensible plan.

Andy

Guest firehawk44

and I suspect that is to do with editing the flightplan.

I have never edited any flightplan other than hit that recalculate button and pick one that looks interesting, different. As I stated, I look in the nav log to make sure I'm following the ProATC plan and not one that Navigraph or the PMDG FMC says is right. I sent in my log for my last flight and they responded today and they know about the communication problem and are working on it and hope to find a fix soon.

Best regards,

Jim

Oh well, bang goes another theory. I guess that is just further evidence that we're dealing with beta software here. Early beta at that.

Andy

I was so close to buying this as well. Thank Gawd for the excellent sit reps from the threads contributors.

If I were any of you I think I would be writing to said Author/Programmer and asking for my hard earned cash back.

Jim, Al and others. I think that even though the dev may be reading this forum, I was hoping I could convince everyone who is working with this product in detail to please provide this information on their forum. I am not that experienced with the more complicated areas of flying a complicated route and I probably never will. You guys are using this product at a more complex level than I ever will, and in doing so have uncovered many inconsistencies and bugs because of this. I did invest and certainly am concerned, but it is going to be you guys that will be able to provide the detail to help the dev and hopefully moved the product forward. Just a thought.

Bob

Yup, I've been posting on the pointsoft forum too. But frankly, if I end up what is effectively beta testing it, then I want a refund.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Forgetting the fact that Pro Atc doesn't work and is no pro for sure, Im wandering what they were thinking when they put up for sale

Bizarre.

ZORAN

Yup, I've been posting on the pointsoft forum too. But frankly, if I end up what is effectively beta testing it, then I want a refund.

Al

Al, it is not "if I end up what is effectively beta testing it ," You are beta testing I am afraid!!

Bob

Forgetting the fact that Pro Atc doesn't work and is no pro for sure, Im wandering what they were thinking when they put up for sale

Bizarre.

That is a good question! I have for several years now been puzzled as to why every attemp to offer an answer to the ATC shortfalls in not only FSX but all of it's older versions. It makes no difference which camp you fall into, VOXATC, ProATC, Micky Mouse ATC, or what ever ATC. Each one sort of works sometimes. They all promise ..."Just buy now and will will be great someday! I have heard this junk for years and years and years now. I am now 65 years old and have come up with the best solution I think for now. I just use parts of MCE and in my mind I just pretend that Air Traffic Controlers are just as dumb in real life as FSX makes them sound! ATC guys and gals, I know it's not true! It does at least allow me to better enjoy the fun things that FSX will do. At my age, I think FSX ATC is "As good as it going to be" in my life time or at least while I can hear and see.... :Peace:

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Guest firehawk44

Al, it is not "if I end up what is effectively beta testing it ," You are beta testing I am afraid!!

Bob

Yes, I hate those words 'beta testing' as that's all done before a product is released and by real programming experts. But Bob, I'm afraid you are right. FSDT, PMDG and others do a heck of a lot of beta testing before they release their products and they still require fixes as it turns out we are all beta testers once a product is released. This product must have worked somewhere in the development chain. I'm thinking it is something simple like maybe a setting in FSUIPC as most people have this .dll installed. I see the FSUIPC developer Pete Dowson on the ProATC forum though and having the problems we are experiencing. But it's just a thought.

Best regards,

Jim

Each one sort of works sometimes. They all promise ..."Just buy now and will will be great someday! I have heard this junk for years and years and years now

Hello

Radar Contact works perfectly every flight for me, PFE also but does need more effort to set up properly.

Both light years better than the default ATC.

ProATC is just an old fashioned adventure generator and will never work with decent payware aircraft using navigraph data.

Read the Avsim review of Fscom and compare it to ProATC, the same old program but adapted for FSX.

Guest firehawk44

HU. Another fix has been released - 1024.

Jim

That is a good question! I have for several years now been puzzled as to why every attemp to offer an answer to the ATC shortfalls in not only FSX but all of it's older versions. It makes no difference which camp you fall into, VOXATC, ProATC, Micky Mouse ATC, or what ever ATC. Each one sort of works sometimes. They all promise ..."Just buy now and will will be great someday! I have heard this junk for years and years and years now. I am now 65 years old and have come up with the best solution I think for now. I just use parts of MCE and in my mind I just pretend that Air Traffic Controlers are just as dumb in real life as FSX makes them sound! ATC guys and gals, I know it's not true! It does at least allow me to better enjoy the fun things that FSX will do. At my age, I think FSX ATC is "As good as it going to be" in my life time or at least while I can hear and see.... :Peace:

I can certainly agree with you in part, but at least for me, RC4 offers an extremely solid real like interface I have experienced, and I have tried them all. I guess we can only hope this one will prove itself better. I use the word Hope, but really it depends on many factors which we have no control over.

Bob

HU. Another fix has been released - 1024.

Jim

There is a loose promise of "Approach Control" should work. Standing by........................

Bob