Sign in to follow this  
Chock

A quick fly by of Pro ATC

Hello Al

I am watching your progress with interest, how has the ATC and enroute chatter been so far ?

Guest firehawk44

Bob,

I never used a checklist Bob. Center told me to contact approach on such and such a frequency and the co-pilot did that and approach brought me down (but way late in the descent process and it was impossible to achieve the FL required for the glideslope). There's nothing in the manual that requires you to go through the checklists. Al is right in that it does have a script you must follow and you have no options to cancel, request another runway, or do anything like the default ATC or Radar Contact allowed. It's extremely important that you somehow open the NAV log for the flight plan somewhere soon after takeoff (I couldn't while on the ground) as that is the 'script'. In the FMC I had programmed all the waypoints I saw when I prepared the ProATC flightplan. I then entered the SID the controller gave for after takeoff. Things went well but, after finishing the legs in the SID, ATC started directing me to a course behind me so I evidently did not enter all the waypoints in the 'script', just the waypoints I saw when I prepared the flight plan. I opened the Nav log and saw several waypoints that were not programmed in the FMC. There was no way I could go in and delete that waypoint and go to the next one as I was flying the "script" in the Nav log. It's frustrating and I'm hanging this program up until it gets fixed. I think the developers all know what's wrong and they are very, very good at completing some of our requests. For instance, I see they now have a pdf manual available for download and review before buying. They were fast in fixing the problem with screens closing unexpectantly too. I sometimes feel like I'm a beta tester though and I didn't purchase the program to do that.

Best regards,

Jim

Oh well, I was hoping for better but maybe down the road. If it gets enough bad publicity, and things don't get done, it wont be going anywhere. Geez, live and learn.

Bob

Nope, still bombed the moment TOD was reached, first the sound glitched, then this:

1-74.jpg

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Nope, still bombed the moment TOD was reached, first the sound glitched, then this:

1-74.jpg

Al

Sh##, this is a real disappointment. Man, I hate to sound negative but I have my own set of problems. Everytime I change frequencies I am still talking to the previous controller and have to say or acknowledge twice before it sticks. The have released another patch just so you know. I think it may fix my double talk post on their forum. Well, you can't be wasting all that flight time and be shut down. That is most disappointing.

Bob

Yup, I'm getting tired of flying for an hour or more only to find that this happens every time; I knew it was a bit of a punt to see if it was any good, but I didn't pay forty quid for it in order to be a beta tester. This is a show stopper.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Yup, I'm getting tired of flying for an hour or more only to find that this happens every time; I knew it was a bit of a punt to see if it was any good, but I didn't pay forty quid for it in order to be a beta tester. This is a show stopper.

Al

Well he has posted another patch in the FAQ section. Try another flight and let us know LOL :LMAO:

Better yet do short flight from Seattle KSEA to Boeing Field. That should save you a lot of time.

Bob

Guest firehawk44

Wow! Fixes --

- CTD to desktop

- No reaction when contacting approach

- Descent rate on airports with high elevation

- Defining new ATC-Profiles

All of our recent concerns! I suppose I can beta test a little bit more....

Best regards,

Jim

Wow! Fixes --

- CTD to desktop

- No reaction when contacting approach

- Descent rate on airports with high elevation

- Defining new ATC-Profiles

All of our recent concerns! I suppose I can beta test a little bit more....

Best regards,

Jim

Yes please chime back in after your findings.

Bob

Disregard - trying the new, new, new, patch soon, if I can summon up the energy LOL

Al

Alan Bradbury

Al,

did it work for you ? It isn't working here.A) I can't edit the flightplan because the window keeps closing on me. B) When I ask for clearance for takeoff atc ignores me.I have been waiting for that "cleared for takeoff" for about 30 mins now.I had to shut proatc down.

Not tried it yet. I will do at some point. I've got a vid going up to youtube at the moment which is taking a long time, and I don't want to risk a lock up on my PC with anything I'm not completely sure would not do that. I know that is an unlikely possibility, but there is no possibility of it happening if I don't even chance it.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Not tried it yet. I will do at some point. I've got a vid going up to youtube at the moment which is taking a long time, and I don't want to risk a lock up on my PC with anything I'm not completely sure would not do that. I know that is an unlikely possibility, but there is no possibility of it happening if I don't even chance it.

Al

Good luck Al, I am calling it a day and headed to the hay. I hate to be pessimistic but I am.

Bob