Sign in to follow this  
Chock

A quick fly by of Pro ATC

Hey Chock, does PATCX support taxi instruction like PFE deluxe? Turn right Bravo1 Tango2 etc etc?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Not that I'm aware of, it just gave me the taxi to runway route when I've used it.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Is anyone using vox atc? If you do how do you rate it. I cant stand another minute of fsx atc but dont want to wait 3 months for pro ATC to sort out all its bugs either :-)

ZORAN

I did have it years ago, for FS9. It was pretty good, but these days I use MCE, since it is a lot of bang for your bucks and works with either the default ATC or Radar Contact. Not that Vox is not good, it is just that MCE does it too and I already have that, so buying Vox for FSX would be an unecessary expense for me. The reason I coughed up for Pro ATC was the fact that it too, like MCE, offered a lot of things, and so I was curious to see it. It has potential, but I think it needs a few embellishments to make it truly worth the price of entry.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Zoran,

I use VOX and like it a lot. I have RC4 and PFE also. My one big complaint with VOX is how it handles AI traffic. Lots of traffic on the ground but very little enroute traffic. Hopefully, this will be addressed in a future update.

NAX669.png

I use VOX and like it a lot. I have RC4 and PFE also. My one big complaint with VOX is how it handles AI traffic

I reinstalled VOX today and somehow it vectored me right the * into a mountain.Not sure why it happened. If you want to give it a go this was my flight plan:

LFBO AFRIC G39 FJR G6 MTG UY373 ABLAK P856 RAPED Y15 PIGOS UM985 ABN GIKUT D124S D114S SES19 SES11 SES08 SES06 SES03 LIMJ

Chock, how is the vectoring around, like after departure and especially on arrival ?

Does it let you descend in time, line up at runway etc.. ??

Oh, and if the developpers read this, please consider a PROPLINER option, just a checkbox.

The will take in account a decend path of -500 fpm, so the descend start way earlier.

Or, is this already possible to set in a profile ? I see only a clim rate in Chock his picture.

Guest firehawk44

Pro ATC flight plan is dumped into the FSX default GPS, would not this negate use of the RXP units?

ProATC is separate from the default ATC. Both are running simultaneously.

Best regards,

Jim

Guest firehawk44

Do I understand this correctly that you do not load the P-ATC plan into FSX, FSX automatically uses the one that is created by P-ATC. Is this how it works?

You are correct. You start up FSX, enter the aircraft, the place of departure with Gate, weather, and time then start up FSX. Once started, you go to Windowed mode and open up ProATC and select the flight plan you want to fly. You right click it and select Fly Now. The ProATC is now activated.

Best regards,

Jim

Zoran,

I use VOX and like it a lot. I have RC4 and PFE also. My one big complaint with VOX is how it handles AI traffic. Lots of traffic on the ground but very little enroute traffic. Hopefully, this will be addressed in a future update.

Yes I have been reading the support forums and Al traffic is the major concern, I use UT2 and ORBX free traffic which fills the airport on 40% to the point I cant get a gate lol, and I would miss that.

I find it astounding that there is not one single ATC that can combine a non robotic voice and provide traffic and get from a-b with a sid/star

ChoK I had a look at MCE and looks okay but the voices didnt sound natural? How does it handle sid/star and general navigation? They have a good website.

I dont need a co pilot as I have FS2 CREW

ZORAN

Well I've currently shelved Pro ATC until a fix is forthcoming, since it is crashing on every flight I make with it. I have reported the error on the Pro ATC forum and took some FRAPS footage of it which I'll be putting on that Pro ATC forum thread to illustrate the error. Basically, the sound stops playing apart from static noise, and I'm then unable to respond to ATC and then the program crashes after a while, this normally happens at the top of descent. The footage is loading to youtube at the moment and will be up in about 10 minutes according to the progress bar, so I might sling a link on this thread too.

As you probably know if you've read the Avsim review, I'm a big fan of MCE, and it has come on in leaps and bounds vocally and aurally since the time I reviewed it for Avsim, since it now features a lot of recorded voices, although you can also use payware SAPI compliant voices with it if you like, of which I did buy a few for it, but they are essentially fairly redundant now with MCE's improved voices anyway. The strong point of MCE, apart from everything else it does, is that you can cherry pick which features you want, and so if you use FS2Crew, you can turn off the MCE co pilot and just use its other features, and that means you can use it for voice contact with either the default FS ATC, or Radar Contact, or indeed Pro ATC after a fashion; it works flawlessly with both default ATC and RC though and is really very immersive. When Pro ATC gets sorted, it will be my intention to use the co pilot from that, and the voice from MCE and possibly Radar Contact or Pro ATC depending on how sorted out it gets. MCE will handle SIDs and STARs via Radar Contact if you put them in your flight plan incidentally, which is not ideal, but it does work. I do that via Aivlasoft's EFB, saving the plan out with the procedures and then loading that into Radar Contact.

The only bad point about using FS2Crew in place of other co-pilots, is that if you use their 737 one with the English pilot, you have to put up with my voice, cos it's me doing it on that product. And so you probably would prefer a robotic voice to listening to mine, as it would doubtless be infinitely preferable. :LMAO:

Here's that vid of Pro ATC giving me problems:

Al

Alan Bradbury

I agree MCE is very good! I use it a lot, and I made a couple of videos of it one with the NGX and the other with the CS757. The only issue I have with it is used with traffic. Since it can't suspend ATC while you are responding, you get a lot of overlaps from other AI aircraft. So when I do use it, I turn ATC down or off. Other than that it works great.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

"The only bad point about using FS2Crew in place of other co-pilots, is that if you use their 737 one with the English pilot, you have to put up with my voice, cos it's me doing it on that product. And so you probably would prefer a robotic voice to listening to mine, as it would doubtless be infinitely preferable. :LMAO:"

Which one are you, the young nasally punk with attitude or the smooth talker? I think MCE might be a goer, I need a new toy to play with on the weekend

tf51 how do you get the plan into the fmc?

ZORAN

I just realized MCE isnt a ATC but a very handy system in conjunction.

ZORAN

tf51 how do you get the plan into the fmc?

I make my plans using FSBUILD, which allows me to save it in multiple formats including PMDG, FSX, Level-D and others. MCE probably works better with RC4 than default ATC, because RC4 doesn't interact with AI as much, so there is less of a chance of overlap!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d