Sign in to follow this  
Chock

A quick fly by of Pro ATC

I know that is an unlikely possibility, but there is no possibility of it happening if I don't even chance it.

Al

Unless your PSU blows up.

I sometimes feel like I'm a beta tester though and I didn't purchase the program to do that.

I'd rather have a program with bugs which need fixing and where the developer listens and adds in requests than a program that is relatively bug free and the developer doesnt listen to feedback!

Guest firehawk44

Totally agree Graham. This developer and his team appear to be listening to our issues and fixing them. That means a lot to me. Just hope they are able to fix them all and make this one of the best addons for FSX.

Best regards,

Jim

Unless your PSU blows up.

Well if it does, it won't matter since I only bought the PSU that is in my computer three days ago. :LMAO:

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Came close to buying this program but thanks to the great reviews here I decided against it. Good luck to the people that bought as management appear to proactive and with time it should come good

Son , stick to one thing that your good at and do it well!

That was advice from a mentor many years ago and with that in mind I bought VOTAX atc today, a time proven system that does what is says it can, and a nice addition is the co pilot can handle the calls.

ZORAN

Al,

did it work for you ? It isn't working here.A) I can't edit the flightplan because the window keeps closing on me. B) When I ask for clearance for takeoff atc ignores me.I have been waiting for that "cleared for takeoff" for about 30 mins now.I had to shut proatc down.

I saw on their forum, you haven't got the clearance if you haven't do the checklist before TO...Idem you haven't got clearance for landing by tower if you haven't do the ckeklist before landing...I haven't try yet.

Frédéric Giraud

Guest firehawk44

I have ran this program several times and have yet to have gone through a checklist and I get clearance to pushback, clearance to taxi, clearance to takeoff, and clearance to land. As far as I can see, that's not part of the 'script'. I do have all of the options set for the co-pilot though to handle, especially the nav and com radios. That's important those frequencies are changed or you won't get clearance to do anything unless you manually do it yourself. I do see in the manual that you have to use the Cockpit Preparation Checklist and Startup Checklist before starting the engines in a 'cold and dark' situation. So far I have started with running engines and they say the checklists are not necessary for that (but you can still go through them if you like). This is all on the 'How to fly...' page of the Help program.

Best regards,

Jim

Guest firehawk44

"I have ran this program several times and have yet to have gone through a checklist and I get clearance to pushback, clearance to taxi, clearance to takeoff, and clearance to land. As far as I can see, that's not part of the 'script'."

I read over at the ProATC forum that they recommend checklists plus making sure the side window heat is on and the switch to make sure your wings do not freeze (if flying above FL100). I thought I would try that as I have so far been unsuccessful getting a complete script to landing. Yesterday was the closest but it didn't give me a STAR to land in KSFO until I was well past Big Sur. Then it gave me the Big Sur STAR to Runway 28R and I had to turn around to go back to BSR, then to Carmel, etc. It did vector me down to the 28R approach path. It just wasn't working right. So, decided to try their recommendations (and some of others here) to use the checklists. Things went very smoothly from cockpit preparation, startup, pushback, taxiing to taking off to getting to my assigned FL. The last checklist I used was after takeoff. Then things went silent. I pressed 1 to check in several times and no response. So I let the 737 FMC do it's thing and bring me down for a landing on KSFO 28L. On the way down I played the descent checklist successfully and the approach checklist went well too but still no ATC. So I'm still without a totally complete successful flight using ProATC. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I have the latest update (1022). I think they are well aware of the problem and are working on a fix.

Best regards,

Jim

"I have ran this program several times and have yet to have gone through a checklist and I get clearance to pushback, clearance to taxi, clearance to takeoff, and clearance to land. As far as I can see, that's not part of the 'script'."

I read over at the ProATC forum that they recommend checklists plus making sure the side window heat is on and the switch to make sure your wings do not freeze (if flying above FL100). I thought I would try that as I have so far been unsuccessful getting a complete script to landing. Yesterday was the closest but it didn't give me a STAR to land in KSFO until I was well past Big Sur. Then it gave me the Big Sur STAR to Runway 28R and I had to turn around to go back to BSR, then to Carmel, etc. It did vector me down to the 28R approach path. It just wasn't working right. So, decided to try their recommendations (and some of others here) to use the checklists. Things went very smoothly from cockpit preparation, startup, pushback, taxiing to taking off to getting to my assigned FL. The last checklist I used was after takeoff. Then things went silent. I pressed 1 to check in several times and no response. So I let the 737 FMC do it's thing and bring me down for a landing on KSFO 28L. On the way down I played the descent checklist successfully and the approach checklist went well too but still no ATC. So I'm still without a totally complete successful flight using ProATC. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I have the latest update (1022). I think they are well aware of the problem and are working on a fix.

Best regards,

Jim

Yep, same here Jim. I thought Xplane 10 was released early.

Bob

So I'm still without a totally complete successful flight using ProATC.

Yup, me too. It does now do a bit more than it did, but the random window closing issue is now back as well. The developer needs to get a shift on with fixing this thing, it's not good to be having that much money off people for something that does not do what it says on the tin.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Yup, me too. It does now do a bit more than it did, but the random window closing issue is now back as well. The developer needs to get a shift on with fixing this thing, it's not good to be having that much money off people for something that does not do what it says on the tin.

Al

Have you tried a relatively short flight, maybe 1 hour? Just enough that you can perform all phases of a flight. After reading some of the postings I think you are the only one that has had the window closing, but I could be wrong. All my flights have been short. Less than 45 minutes. Just a thought if you feel energetic and motivated :LMAO:

Bob

Yup, I know what you mean, but, if I'm having to fly short flights to get one that works as a test, then it kind of defeats the object of it being a flight planner when one can only plan 'some' flights with it rather than any one you want to do. It should be robust enough to work with what I want to use it for, so that's what I am testing when making two hour flights, which are in fact fairly short ones for a B747.

Incidentally, others were getting the windows closing problem too, it's not just me.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Does the mouse work with the menu or is it keyboard only?

Mouse does work with the menu, same as in default FSX.

Thank you for the great (as always) review on ProATC/X. I haven't had any problems with the window closing, but some of the other problems I have also experienced.

I really feel that they are going to get this software working on the mark. When they do, it will be the best ATC program out there.

Yup, I know what you mean, but, if I'm having to fly short flights to get one that works as a test, then it kind of defeats the object of it being a flight planner when one can only plan 'some' flights with it rather than any one you want to do. It should be robust enough to work with what I want to use it for, so that's what I am testing when making two hour flights, which are in fact fairly short ones for a B747.

Incidentally, others were getting the windows closing problem too, it's not just me.

Al

Thanks for the correction. It is really too bad about this. The dev seems to be moving forward with the patch process but they really don't seem to solve the major issues. I don't believe with the crash issue that the dev is asking questions about the systems configurations, add-ons etc. to see if there might be some commonality somewhere. It makes this very difficult because testing long flights with each new patch begins to take a toll on the user. There seems to be 2 standout issues. One being the closing like you are experiencing, and the other, controllers not responding at different phases of flight. I guess we wait.

Bob

Guest firehawk44

It makes this very difficult because testing long flights with each new patch begins to take a toll on the user.

That's for sure Bob! Just my relatively short flight from KLAX to KSFO is taking a toll. The one time I got ATC to finally bring me down to the approach path for landing in KSFO, it took an hour longer than normal as ATC was taking me all over the skies before allowing me to finally descend. It's always a surprise getting the STAR and permission to descend and land.

Best regards,

Jim

Yep, same here Jim. I thought Xplane 10 was released early.

Bob

:LMAO: I got XPlane 10 too and took it off my system until the beta testing is finished. That sim is broken IMHO.

Best regards,

Jim

Well I just installed the 1022 patch and I got the same crap. No approach control. Went through all checklists. Freq is correct etc. This is getting old indeed.

I am beginning to believe that there is something really obvious here that for some reason is not being seen by the dev. Approach does not answer period.

You have to be wondering what the heck is going on here. There needs to be a log or a debug option for this software to help identify the issues.

Bob