Sign in to follow this  
Gibbage

Sad sad news about our Carbon Cub

Jeebus, it doesn`t take much for the forums to go all Lord of the Flies.

reading the Facebook post, it says a Basic Version. I thought that there are two types of Flight planes...Basic and Deluxe. They didn`t say a Basic plane or a Basic model, they said a Basic VERSION. The use of word Version insinuates that there is more than one. It REALLY sounds to me like they are providing a free cockpit-less cub, and a bit of extra cash will buy you a Deluxe version. Which is fine, cause if that`s the case, people would only be upset they are not providing enough FREE content as they would like. Which is, in my opinion, silly. Pay for Alaska, pay for a plane, or don`t. It`s what they`re selling.

reading the Facebook post, it says a Basic Version. I thought that there are two types of Flight planes...Basic and Deluxe. They didn`t say a Basic plane or a Basic model, they said a Basic VERSION. The use of word Version insinuates that there is more than one. It REALLY sounds to me like they are providing a free cockpit-less cub, and a bit of extra cash will buy you a Deluxe version. Which is fine, cause if that`s the case, people would only be upset they are not providing enough FREE content as they would like. Which is, in my opinion, silly. Pay for Alaska, pay for a plane, or don`t. It`s what they`re selling.

So far... I have yet to see a Deluxe version of a Basic version model available at any price...

The use of word Version insinuates that there is more than one. It REALLY sounds to me like they are providing a free cockpit-less cub, and a bit of extra cash will buy you a Deluxe version. Which is fine, cause if that`s the case, people would only be upset they are not providing enough FREE content as they would like. Which is, in my opinion, silly. Pay for Alaska, pay for a plane, or don`t. It`s what they`re selling.

Finally, someone from the Microsoft Flight team to shed some light over this. Thanks!

I guess we will find out next week. I really hope the team clarifies this and abates more sim nerd rage. (guilty as charged)

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Cockpit or no cockpit; I don't want a cub for Alaska to begin with. Already have the Maule, so what's the point if it's not equipped with STOL gear (maybe it is! That would be very cool indeed...I NEED huge balloon tires!!)

I don't know, the sim nerd rage is the most entertaining part of this whole episode. I Really hope that there's more news here, a cub with no cockpit to me would be a sacrilege, I find it hard to believe that there won't be something else available and hopefully a deluxe version. What tends to get missed by most of the haters, and maybe they just don't know yet, the stuff that MS flight simulates, it simulates really well. maybe this whole thing is just Microsofts revenge for everybody dumping all over the default content that was supplied in previous versions, now everybody's acting like it was so great that we got the whole world, forgetting that one of FSX's big complaints was that the default terrain sucked, and was unuseable, unless you actually think the entire earth is a desert. I've spent over $1,000 to avoid flying over it. what's another few bucks for an expansion for flight, I just hope they have some better aircraft in the pipe.

Cockpit or no cockpit; I don't want a cub for Alaska to begin with. Already have the Maule, so what's the point if it's not equipped with STOL gear (maybe it is! That would be very cool indeed...I NEED huge balloon tires!!)

au contraire, you can't have Alaska without a cub. The cub is emblematic of Alaskan aviation, the maule is not (though it's a nice plane) that's why it's so crappy unless they have a version with a cockpit.

So okay.... I suggest a change of strategy. Like you guys I do not enjoy aircraft without cockpits. I enjoy using Flight nearly as much as FSX. I have no regrets about buying the P-51 as I only bought it to get the rest of the Hawaiian Islands, the RV, and the Maule for $5 less as I assume most of you did. I have always enjoyed WWII warbirds and could be tempted to buy the others if only they had interiors.

I enjoy flying around Hawaii and getting Alaska doesn't mean that much to me. I would gladly buy it at a reasonable price so long as it includes a good aircraft. No cockpit = me no buy.

My suggestion is that we attempt to bribe MS. I am prepared to pay... hmmm... lets say $3 for a quickie cockpit patch for the P-51(s) (should also work with the Red Tail). That is a basic cockpit with functional instruments. Make it a bit more convincing with some basic nav functions on the line of the Mustang cockpit in FSX and I'll maybe go $5. Do the same for the P-40 & F4U and bundle them nicely and I'll buy them as well.

I suspect a lot of people will spring for such a deal.

So here is where I stand... I am happy with what I have of Flight. I can not and will not complain about the lack of a cockpit in the Mustang as I was warned in advance. MS you got my $30 and you are welcome to it. But you will not receive another nickle of my money until you start providing cockpits. And like I said I am prepared to pay for them... within reason that is.

For me good games like good movies or good books must supply "suspension of disbelief". A flying or driving game just doesn't do that to my satisfaction without a cockpit.

The Mustangs look pretty in the aircraft selection menu or "hanger" but mine wont make it out of that hanger until or unless they receive cockpits. Nor will they be joined by any other cockpitless aircraft.

I doubt this offer will do any good but I make it in good faith. Microsoft I am more than willing to part with some of my hard earned money but not until you offer a product I want to buy.

Thank you,

Tom Wunder

So far... I have yet to see a Deluxe version of a Basic version model available at any price...

that's a good point

Finally, someone from the Microsoft Flight team to shed some light over this. Thanks!

Thanks, but in fact I am not on the Flight team. Sorry.

Well after reading 4pages of speculation all I can say is - lets just wait and see. Once Alaska + planes is out , that`s the time to start commenting .

Well before we get too down, I think we should at least wait and see....

Well, that's the problem,isn't it?

Every time something new is released that falls short of our expectations, the answer seems to be....

We should wait and see...

So I ask you, how much longer should we continue to wait and see?

At some point you must admit you are waiting one something that is never coming...

Tis is indeed said, I had high hopes for Alaska, and some proper bush flying in a nicely appointed Beaver, Twin Otter or even a complete Cub...

But all we are getting is more of the same...

Ready to delete FLIGHT and wash my hands of it...

Looking forward to PMDG's 777 for FSX!

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Bit like handing out a cricket ball for the guy to kick off Superbowl with... It's still a ball - just think outside the box. The reason people are frustrated is because there are supposed to be 'deluxe' planes (inverted commas because I just see a plane), and assuming there is no Bazinga next week there won't have been one in the five months prior to the next expected release at the end of July.

Anyone else care to make some juvenile statement?

Sure.......... Your shoes are ugly. :P

:LMAO:

Anyone else care to make some juvenile statement?

There is nothing juvenile about his statement, in fact what he said is all completely 100% true...

What you say might make sense if there were deluxe versions of other planes, but there are none...

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy