Sign in to follow this  
Blazed

Please Make A Airbus.

There's a PMDG Airbus in my sig. Does that work?

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

Why do i... think?

One word: Concorde. Then, Lefteris was part of PMDG and i seriously doubt he will let this bus out in a state even remotely similar to BBS or even Aerosoft.

If you never flew the Concorde or didn't read the incredibly complex manual, you're really missing out on one of the finest ever pieces of sotware that ever ran on FSX. Anyway, we'll wait and see.

There's too much PMDG f a n b o y ism, get over it and fly the default learjet once in a while to relax with some "hand" navigation, independently of whether the air conditioning is working accurately or not. :Nerd:

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Isn't this thread 4 days to early? We already had a june airbus thread next one was supposed to be in July Lol

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk

This must be the 5th airbus thread in less then a month. Probably more.

Listen I love my NGX, but FSL will be better than current PMDG products. Deal with it. The NGX isn't reading ARNIC 424 files straight out of a 737 is it? Nope, FSL A320 is. None of the PMDG aircraft fully simulate the fuel tanks as fuel tanks, they are points on the aircraft. FSL fully simulates the tank and the fluid inside the tank giving a new aspect to the aircraft. The engines are simulated outside of FS so they can get around fs limitations. The list goes on, obviously this isn't the place to discuss it so if you want to talk A320 go to their forums. Assuming everything I have read and heard about the FSL A320 is true, then yes FSL will produce an aircraft better than any of the current PMDG products.

I get the feeling this is going to be FSL a really excited users vs PMDG fans boys, aka Boeing vs Airbus. lol.

http://asn.aerosoft.com/?page_id=6855

http://forums.flight...-x-fuel-system/

Also check out their presentation at the Aerosoft convention.

Listen I love my NGX, but FSL will be better than current PMDG products. Deal with it. The NGX isn't reading ARNIC 424 files straight out of a 737 is it? Nope, FSL A320 is. None of the PMDG aircraft fully simulate the fuel tanks as fuel tanks, they are points on the aircraft. FSL fully simulates the tank and the fluid inside the tank giving a new aspect to the aircraft. The engines are simulated outside of FS so they can get around fs limitations. The list goes on, obviously this isn't the place to discuss it so if you want to talk A320 go to their forums. Assuming everything I have read and heard about the FSL A320 is true, then yes FSL will produce an aircraft better than any of the current PMDG products.

I get the feeling this is going to be FSL a really excited users vs PMDG fans boys, aka Boeing vs Airbus. lol.

http://asn.aerosoft.com/?page_id=6855

http://forums.flight...-x-fuel-system/

Also check out their presentation at the Aerosoft convention.

+1. I love PMDG products but I by no means believe they are the best nor will they be unmatched. FSL's Concorde alone (In my opinion) beats almost everything else I have come across for FSX. CaptainSim has set a new standard for themselves and I think they will be a force to be reckoned with. There are also other projects around that are more complex such as Fanda's Q400 (in alpha) so it would be unfair to say that PMDG is the best. Yes they are VERY good..but there are other very good developers out there.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

Why do you guys always compare the two companies? Why can't we just accept that we have a company doing great Boeing aircraft (PMDG) and a company doing great Airbus models (FSLabs). I think that the comparing is unfair to both sides.

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

Why do you guys always compare the two companies?

Because people crave rivalry, conflict and other sorts of things. Otherwise, most of daytime TV would cease to exist. I'll let everyone come to their own conclusions on the general education/intelligence of the majority of the daytime TV viewing crowd and how that relates here...*

It's definitely true, though. I don't understand why people have to go make statements like that. A2A does some high quality stuff with its older aircraft that PMDG doesn't, and PMDG does stuff that A2A doesn't do. Big deal. We love them both for their strengths. No need to get huffy about anything. I'm sure the FSL 'bus will be great, and I'll probably get that too.

...and while people are arguing about why one is better than the other on the ground, I'll be a few miles up at cruise, reading the manuals, watching Netflix, and having pleasant conversations with some VATSIM ATC.

*(Yes, I know there are exceptions. Airline pilots hold schedules that would place them home during that time, and they may actually watch it simply because it's the only thing on. I once worked the overnight shift and was blessed with trash TV before work. I said general education level here - broad strokes don't catch all exceptions.)

Kyle Rodgers

Why do you think it'll be of at least the quality of PMDG addons? Fair enough Lefteris used to be a part of PMDG, but a lot has changed in terms of their products since he left. FSLabs have only produced one aircraft so far, and while it may be a very well done aircraft - it's quite a bit different from an airbus. PMDG have consistently produced some of the best aircraft at the time of release - yet you're sure another developer is going to make a product at least as good, without the proven track record? Not to mention the fact no-one has successfully made a decent Airbus for FS yet - I think it's a lot to ask for a developer to make a product rivalling PMDG, especially in the airbus department.

Yes you are correct that FS labs made only one aircraft so far, and yes you are correct that it's quite a bit different then a airbus.. But pmdg has not made a airbus either so how would they have a advantage over fs labs that already has been working on a bus for quite some time.

I think FSlabs a320 will be the NGX of busses

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Yes you are correct that FS labs made only one aircraft so far, and yes you are correct that it's quite a bit different then a airbus.. But pmdg has not made a airbus either so how would they have a advantage over fs labs that already has been working on a bus for quite some time.

I think FSlabs a320 will be the NGX of busses

I never said PMDG would have an advantage over FSLabs, when it comes to making an airbus. Someone stated that FSLabs' Airbus will be at least as good as a PMDG product - i.e. the NGX. That is not a small feat, not when you especially consider that no-one has done an A32X simulated fully in FS, never-mind to a realism on par with the PMDG NGX. All I'm saying is, I'm not convinced they'll even be able to make an Airbus as good as the NGX, for example, it's rather uncharted territory, even AirSimmer failed to get some of the basic FBW done correctly - and everyone was convinced they'd be making a full simulation of the A32X as well, look how that turned out.

No doubt FSLabs will have a much better shot at making one than AirSimmer did - and have a more experienced team, it's just unfounded to make vast claims that the A32X will be at least as good as the NGX on so many different levels, not only because the NGX is superbly done, but because doing an A32X to that level will pose a lot more problems than doing a 737NG.

EDIT: I should probably add that I very much hope the FSL A32X is as good as, if not better, than what PMDG pulled off with the NGX. There's nothing like good competition to get developers pushing the envelope even further.

The one thing that FSlabs had over airsimmer in the public relations department is Concorde, FSL has proved that they can be good while AS had everything to gain or lose during their first impression and they lost, big time.

Hi

Very interesting post although as someone has pointed out useless (and I'm suprised it was no closed as it was not signed...) perhaps the nice way you all publish is keeping it open :)

Very interesting and sometimes peculiar opinions here whether right, accurate or not...

In my humble opinion, PMDG is the standard to beat in the market, and in terms of consistency, no doubt. Other publishers may get close, even match, several aspects but not the whole PMDG offer. I really hope we'll have more PMDG standards and consistency out there!

If I'm not wrong, one of the main reasons why PMDG is not into the Airbus business is because Airbus itself. Boing has worked very closely with them facilitating the production of an excepcioanlly accurate simulation. If they have not that info, they will have to "guess" the manufacture details, not always that reliable.

Both the 737 series and the A32X series are the most flawn aircrafts in history therefore the bigest market potential. If PMDG was confortable with the info the may get to deveolp it, there is no doubt whatsoever they would have done it or scheduled.

But to match the ngx or 777 standards they need that info from the manufacture.... listen is not the same to draw a ferrari watching it in the street than based in the info that the designer can give you from Maranello... if you know what I meant.

I'm looking forward for an Airbus at the PMDG standards or above and I would like to think we'll have it, but before we can say it, we have to fly it, don't you think so?

Cheers

Antonio Valcarce

Kano

Intel i9-12900KF (no overclocked), MSI RTX 3090 Gamin Trio, 64GB XPG Lancer DDR5-5200, Asus ROG STRIX Z690-F Gaming, Seasonic Prime TX 1000w Titanium, Alphacool Eisbaer 280, Fractal Define 7 XL, LG 43UN700 4K