Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heimi

What is not so good in Alaska Pack

-Little Diomede not modeled, low res textures

-Savoonga not modeled, low res textures

-Stutters in some areas e.g. McGrath Landing Challenge

To be continued...

PS: Overall Alaska is great! And i would love the Carbon Cub if it had a cockit, without i just slightly like it.

Defrag and check for the stutters then.

what no new aeroplane !???

You get a basic version of the Carbon Cub for free!!!

And you already have nice airplanes to fly around while we wait for aircraft DLCs maybe next month...

The Maule, the Rv6, the Stearman...

You get a basic version of the Carbon Cub for free!!!

And you already have nice airplanes to fly around while we wait for aircraft DLCs maybe next month...

The Maule, the Rv6, the Stearman...

Maybe they should have included an SR-71 and one of the retired Space Shuttles, so that folks wouldn't feel like they were duped........ :Party:

The only real complaint I have is airport selection. Because Alaska is so huge compared to Hawaii, you have to zoom in to see some of the smaller airports. There is no way to search for airports that I could see.

I am currently flying south through the inner inner passage hitting all the airports that show runway direction on my sectional. Once I get to the bottom of Juneau South I will head north hitting the airports on the outer inner passage. WOOT!!!

The only real complaint I have is airport selection. Because Alaska is so huge compared to Hawaii, you have to zoom in to see some of the smaller airports. There is no way to search for airports that I could see.

I am currently flying south through the inner inner passage hitting all the airports that show runway direction on my sectional. Once I get to the bottom of Juneau South I will head north hitting the airports on the outer inner passage. WOOT!!!

Well, if they showed all the airports, without having to zoom, I would imagine it would be a clutter of airports all over. Even when you zoom all the way in, the airports are still many miles apart.

Well, if they showed all the airports, without having to zoom, I would imagine it would be a clutter of airports all over. Even when you zoom all the way in, the airports are still many miles apart.

I think what he was saying is that now that we have this huge of a territory with all these airports compared to Hawawii, it would be great if they added an airport search function to find what your looking for quickly.

-Stutters in some areas e.g. McGrath Landing Challenge

Test system, Windows XP Service Pack 3, 3 GB DDR2, Geeforce 9800GTX 512MB, VSync OFF, General settings "MEDIUM", no stutters at all

The one disappointing thing I've noticed is that the major airports eg Fairbanks, Anchorage, do not have photoreal ground texture like Honolulu or Hilo nor are they as detailed. But Kodiak does. LOL. Looks like the Easter Egg was done around Hawaii time before the entire Alaska.

I think what he was saying is that now that we have this huge of a territory with all these airports compared to Hawawii, it would be great if they added an airport search function to find what your looking for quickly.

Yes, this is what I would like to see.

My dream is the new aircraft next months, and he has to Virtual cocpit :)

And the ski for Maule.... Maybe some helicopters.... Sorry for my english :) Dziekuje

Maybe they should have included an SR-71 and one of the retired Space Shuttles, so that folks wouldn't feel like they were duped........ :Party:

no duped feeling here. I just would have liked to see the cub with a vc as that is how I fly. right now flight has more planes without cockpits then with and I dont like that trend. I can only hope for some in the future. I hope it is realized that civil discourse can take place without sarcasm,thank you much.

No icing

Snow covered dirt runways in winter kick up brown dust

and the deal breaker for me.. Terribly placed scenery objects all over the stupid place.. Alaska was obviously done on the cheap to move units based on price and not quality.

Perfect example.. Yeah.. This looks legit...

59n1E.jpg

and the deal breaker for me.. Terribly placed scenery objects all over the stupid place.. Alaska was obviously done on the cheap to move units based on price and not quality.

Perfect example.. Yeah.. This looks legit...

59n1E.jpg

Ouch. Yeah, that one is pretty bad. Nobody QA'd the approaches to that field, for sure.

Overall Alaska is an excellent buy at $15.

The only thing I find "missing" are missions (not challenges or jobs). I really enjoyed the missions in Hawaii, kind of disappointed to see they were omitted.

I won't even touch the Cub outside of the challenges...I'm eagerly awaiting for some new planes.

Much of Alaska feels more like the "default" scenery of FS11 in comparison to Hawaii. I'm really hopping for an upgrade pack for Alaska. Right now it is kind of half-priced, half-baked. I would have gladly paid more to get more details and content.

Much of Alaska feels more like the "default" scenery of FS11 in comparison to Hawaii. I'm really hopping for an upgrade pack for Alaska. Right now it is kind of half-priced, half-baked. I would have gladly paid more to get more details and content.

Totally agree with this sentiment. I was very excited for this DLC as I have been very impressed with what MS has been able to achieve with FLIGHT to date (in terms of fidelity and performance). My initial thoughts on the major shortcomings of this DLC are:

- no new deluxe aircraft

- qualitatively (based on limited use and posts on these forums) less "enhanced" scenery

- No icing effects (I mean they point out in the adverts for the DLC how the major challenge of flying in Alaska is the weather and so how could you not include this??)

- no map search function; still no correction for allowing to use map during jobs, missions (guess thats a gripe with the title upgrade not so much the DLC)

- no new jobs, missions, aerocaches (for now)

I would have gladly payed twice the price for half the area with the same fidelity, and playability/fun of the Hawaii pack. This is quite underwhelming and in my opinion a poor sign of what the future holds (given they've been working on this expansion since roll-out or before).

Overall Alaska is an excellent buy at $15.

The only thing I find "missing" are missions (not challenges or jobs). I really enjoyed the missions in Hawaii, kind of disappointed to see they were omitted.

I won't even touch the Cub outside of the challenges...I'm eagerly awaiting for some new planes.

Having flown quite a few times in Alaska, the scenery is fairly close to the real thing. I have lots of photos on my PC taken from a couple of aircraft, and I have posted a couple, and you can see the similarity. Right now I am happy with the Maule and pretty soon I will fire up the Icon, which is great for the small water airports and small lakes all over Alaska.

Terribly placed scenery objects all over the stupid place

Agreed.

flight2012062721030683.jpg

I had to go between those two trees to land. I really do feel like Jim Tweto now :smile:

This is quite underwhelming and in my opinion a poor sign of what the future holds (given they've been working on this expansion since roll-out or before).

This is what I'm afraid of most. Perhaps the team is trying to see what the market prefers, small and detailed like Hawaii or larger but more generic like Alaska? Not only is the Cub "basic", the whole package feels "basic" compared to the Hawaii Pack.

Totally agree with this sentiment. I was very excited for this DLC as I have been very impressed with what MS has been able to achieve with FLIGHT to date (in terms of fidelity and performance). My initial thoughts on the major shortcomings of this DLC are:

- no new deluxe aircraft

- qualitatively (based on limited use and posts on these forums) less "enhanced" scenery

- No icing effects (I mean they point out in the adverts for the DLC how the major challenge of flying in Alaska is the weather and so how could you not include this??)

- no map search function; still no correction for allowing to use map during jobs, missions (guess thats a gripe with the title upgrade not so much the DLC)

- no new jobs, missions, aerocaches (for now)

I would have gladly payed twice the price for half the area with the same fidelity, and playability/fun of the Hawaii pack. This is quite underwhelming and in my opinion a poor sign of what the future holds (given they've been working on this expansion since roll-out or before).

I agree with your assessment. The overall quality and refinement of the AK pack is not on par with Hawaii. It appears that different techniques and processes were used to create the region with perhaps a bias towards cost containment. I worry for the health of the franchise. They need to identify their target audience and market the product appropriately. The serious simulation aficionado is not going to be enamored trying to recreate a generic patchwork of the globe at $15 per sliver. The casual gamer will not have a compelling reason to maintain the app because of the underwhelming game play. I just hope that someday the platform will be released to the 3rd party community....so I continue to cheer for mediocrity.