Sign in to follow this  
6FingerSays

Wouldn't it be cool if PMDG did a CRJ-200?

Guest dlrk

I can't take them seriously without a real website. If you're not professional enough to buy a 10 dollar domain name and build a decent website, your not professional enough for me to consider your CRJ anything other than an ALLEGED CRJ.

Wouldn't it be great if PMDG did every plane out there? Yeah, I am sure it would, but it isn't possible. DA / Aerosoft are making a CRJ as we speak which will (judging by the DA Fokker quality) be PMDG level-ish. Yes, I know it has been delayed for years, but it is getting there...

DA / Aerosoft are making a CRJ as we speak which will (judging by the DA Fokker quality) be PMDG level-ish.

CRJ next-generation, but not the -200.

Sorry, I would rather like to see a new version of B1900D or C...

But of course I would buy PMDG CRJ-200...like all PMDG products :-)

I have never seen a crj in the uk or anywhere in europe for that matter. Although I would buy anything pmdg made I have to admit that the crj does nothing for me. For me the most needed aircraft for fs is still yet to come and I won't mention what it is because people do get excited over what others say. There is one on the way though. I just hope it's up to scratch.

Regards

You need to get out more then, plenty of them seen operating in and out of uk airports and Europe, although often the 900 and newer 1000 that seen more often now in Europe.

It's not at the top of my list of desired planes, but there are a couple of things that appeal to me when it comes to what aircraft I want to see in fsx. Firstly whatever it is, it as to be a true simulation of the aircraft and it's systems, I see no point flying in fsx in something that just has a pretty external model but it's systems are just basic fsx, I want to learn about the unique systems of that plane, and also the flight characteristics, something PMDG have given us with the NGX.

It then as to be able to give me the ability to realistically use it for flights I want to do or experience, so as many have said here, having something that can do long haul, meduim, and short hops, or get into smaller fields is appealing. I love the JS41, for it's systems and way of handling, ability to get into smaller fields and quick hops(just wish PMDG would get round to updating the SP) the 73x is great for the medium routes. And the upcoming 777 and to me more importantly the new 747 will fit the long haul, up till now my long haul as always been the 767 as I think the present 747 is too outdated and vc is naff across 3 monitors.

So something like a quality CRJ or ERJ would be excellent for both learning a totally new aircraft system, but also fit into that short to medium field also, giving a useable jet alternative to the JS41. I'd love PMDG to have considered the dh8d instead of the old 300 as again a modern but different flight deck to learn.

Finally I'd love someone to finally(let's hope fs labs) to make an airbus, so that we can finally learn about the airbus way of flying and it's many systems.

To me it's all about the simulation, and learning all about how these various aircraft perform, not just what looks pretty, or for making screenshots and videos. I want to be able to feel ive learnt both about the systems, computers, engines and flight performance of the various aircraft I spend my days working with. Gaining a insight into what it's like to fly them. And then have some fun hoping around the world doing just that in my simulated world.

Flew on an example of the type last week - points if you can guess the airport. The flight was to KORD, I'll give that hint...

CRJ-1.jpg

CRJ-2.jpg

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I can't take them seriously without a real website. If you're not professional enough to buy a 10 dollar domain name and build a decent website, your not professional enough for me to consider your CRJ anything other than an ALLEGED CRJ.

Well, it's correct that we're hosting our blog on Wordpress.com but that's just because it's the easiest way. But we also have a 'professional' domain (and it's more expensive than 10 bucks). You can find it on www.awgsim.co.uk .

Guest dlrk

Steffen, you see the problem there is that I figure, if you unprofessionally use a free website because it's easier, I wonder what corners you cut on your simulation because it's easier. I can create a decent-looking website with a wordpress template on a domain name in about 3 hours and 10-15 bucks for the hosting.

Just some friendly advice, your website doesn't inspire confidence.

Flew on an example of the type last week - points if you can guess the airport. The flight was to KORD, I'll give that hint...

Ryan, looks like Duluth (KDLH) to me.

It's clear that the FS community sorely lacks a quality CRJ, though I don't see PMDG ever giving us one; at least not as a full NGX level addon. Even though us hardcore simmers have been very vocal about the CRJ, I don't think it would be nearly as marketable as say a 737 or a 777, given how much PMDG invests in its products. Remember how difficult the MD-11 was for them?

I think though for companies who specialize in making mid-range addons such as aerosoft or perhaps QualityWings it makes a lot more sense. They aren't going to need to work closely with Bombardier or invest ridiculous amounts of money and time into it, yet will probably produce something that will satisfy most simmers.

Just my two cents...

EDITED for accuracy

Wow, first guess gets it right! Was indeed KDLH.

I just want to clarify here - I was not "shot down" on wanting to make one - we already have other plans and I fully support those (777, 747v2 etc) - all I've said is that I'd like to see us do the CRJ at some point. There wasn't some big debate here or anything.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Personally I would love to see you guys do the ejets as someone is already doing the crj, yes I know its not the 200 and it has taken them an extremely long time. We seriously lack a variety of turboprop commuters too. The 1900d was the first flightsim product I ever purchased, and would love to see it updated to fsx. But having said that if you guys did do the crj I would definitely still buy it.

Steffen, you see the problem there is that I figure, if you unprofessionally use a free website because it's easier, I wonder what corners you cut on your simulation because it's easier. I can create a decent-looking website with a wordpress template on a domain name in about 3 hours and 10-15 bucks for the hosting.

...but can you create a blog in that time? Probably not a very good one.

What about the counterpoint that the time saved on not blowing time on a website frees them to spent more time on the project?

Kyle Rodgers

yep, a real crj-200 is missing for fsx. I was so jealous when I heard that there would be a -200 for x-plane.

How cool would that if pmdg makes that? Almost every regional career still has or had the crj-200 like delta, air nostrum, brit air (airfrance) and lufthanas (eurowings) and so on.

My conclusion: +1 for the PMDG CRJ-200