Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeLKMT

New FSX user interface

Hey there, I'm going to try this when I get back home but I was wondering, as a user of Shade, is there a way to make it launch your files instead of the default fsx.exe?

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

These are just graphics, there's no modification to how it launches FSX.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I know that but Shade will launch fsx.exe and not this interface instead.

Omni, I believe all that this wonderful piece of work( thanks George!) is just modifying what shows up when you execute fsx.exe. It isn't a whole new executable, but a different paint job for the executable.

I wanted to chime in. I downloaded the ui, I must say I really like it. It gave FSX a nice new look. Great Job!

Tyler Johnson

I know that but Shade will launch fsx.exe and not this interface instead.

FSX interface (windows, buttons, icons, everything) is made out of many images, nothing more. I just altered those images to give it different look. By installation of this UI you will replace old images with mine and thus change the whole appearance. I'm afraid there's no easy way to do it launchable or have the option for FSX to be launched with or without it. And make sure you read readme, it's importnant to backup your uires folder first.

@Everybody else: Thanks guys, I appreciate your interest :smile:

Wow mate fantastic stuff!

Cielosim-Sig.png

Repaint Requests - Get your OWN custom repaint

well done after 4 years (or is it more?) of the same old interface this makes a refreshing change

You do realise that you will now have to make a new one in 6 months time :)

Nigel.Porter