Sign in to follow this  
abh_jc_03

ERJ wants to stall

I am flying the wilco ERJ and my FMS shows my PERF DATA as .75 mach for cruise yet my plane is stalling at 36000 feet because the speed is at 131 knots. I am trying to follow a tutorial so I don't understand what could be the issue. Even during my climb it didn't want to climb fast. It was set to .56 mach for climb so I was climbing at 160 knots or so which doesn't seem like a realistic choice but that is what I got. Can anybody help?

Josh Scholl

Guest RWFeldman

You are aware there is no autothrottle so you will have to manually configure your throttles according to the FADEC? TO,CLM,CRU. There is a CMB speed and or FLCH mode that will control the throttles during that phase. But not during cruise.

I do know that. I had throttles set to full thrust and still would not increase speed. I hit the thrust clb button and nothing occurred. My pfd never showed clb mode but the plane is finally gaining speed again. I have no idea why it just decided to drop from 240 to 130. At take off I hit the to/ga button on the throttle but nothing happened not did my pfd show t/o mode next to rol in green. It showed rol and pit. I stored the takd off config and did the mfd speeds with white boxes around V1,v2,rotate and ap. my ap showed 89 though and the tutorial showed 169. Just a harder plane to fly for me. I can fly pmdg all day long with no problems but this plane seems to be a challenge for me.

Josh Scholl

have you checked for any updates ?? if there are none then a reinstall of the aircraft might be in order.

-Paul-

Guest RWFeldman

Is your N1 indicators increasing when manually increasing the throttles? Can you see the throttles move either in the 2D or 3D panel?

I have the v2 ERJ. I don't know of any updates. The throttles move and N1 increases when I move the throttles

Josh Scholl

Guest RWFeldman

What is the O.A.T.?

By the way. West Des Mones here :)

What is O.A.T? West des Moines also. Weights were close to max in the config tool but should have increased speed with my throttles all the way forward. Landed the plane but manual throttle is tricky with this plane.

Josh Scholl

I had the same problem quite some time ago. I could never figure out why. Normal temps and weights, etc.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Guest RWFeldman

Flown many flights with her. that's why it kinda baffled me. I had never seen that scenerio. YET :) Really is a fun plane to fly once you catch on to following the throttle settings and the Vnav advisories. Be careful, once you set an approach runway you cant change a waypoint crossing altitude.IF your like me, get spoiled by the automation of the more advanced aircraft at times.

How are you controlling pitch? If in autopilot, what mode?

I'd try climbing with CLB power and speed hold mode at .65 mach or 270 KIAS. These settings should just about always work if everything else is right.

It shows clb mode active and me speed light never lights up but it shows the speed changing on the speed bars. My FMCS showed .75 Mach and do did my pfd for set speed but aircraft didn't want to climb at that speed.

Josh Scholl

Is indicated airspeed selected in the FS options.

I don't even know if it is possible to do so in FSX, but in FS9 you can select

true airspeed or indicated airspeed, the last one is what you want when using

third party planes.

I think it's possible, recently my friend who is new to FSX had all kinds of problems with understanding what speed he was going, and it turned out that he had selected true airspeed instead of indicated.