Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

26JUL12 - PMDG 777 for FSX: Let the previews begin!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 11:21 PM

Ok, this is *not* going to happen again here with the constant whining for updates like it did with the NGX. I will be shutting down any threads that do that.

The success of the NGX should make it abundantly clear to anyone here that we know what we're doing and that whatever amount of time we take to create our products will be worth it in the end. The only accurate information on progress comes from us directly, not from a guy on some forum elsewhere. We're not getting into "coming soon" or any of that stuff again - it'll be done when it's done and not a moment prematurely.

I was asking me if we get some more Detailed Pictures from PMDG abaut the 777 / 747 v2 / DC6 .....

cheers

renato

I think it is great PMDG has such loyal customers who are committed to their products and very interested in new ones. PMDG is fortunate in this regard and has also worked hard to earn this respect. That said I don't think it really helps for Robert to do many updates. Any snippet of information he provides almost always leads to more questions and more requests for even more information. He knows how interested his customers are but, like any good pilot, he will do things right and won't be rushed. For my part I am happy knowing PMDG is busy with two new products and one upgrade all of which I know will be great, trying to figure out how best to manage the whole P3D issue and working on who knows what else.

Steve Dwyer
Z370 GAMING M5 (MS-7B58)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz
MSI GeForce RTX 3060 12GB
Installed Physical Memory  32.0 GB

I have a guess on what the 'never been done in FS' feature might be. Correct me if this has been done.

Maybe TOPCAT is working with PMDG on creating the takeoff performance calculator integrated into the EFB so that it functions just like in real life. I know PMDG codes FMC's that can spit out V speeds, but they probably don't have the time to calculate optimum flaps, and assumed temps, and V1 for wet/high altitude runways, and then put that into the EFB. So I'm wondering if they could be "out-sourcing" this to TOPCAT. It may not be included in the price for the 777. But for about $15-20 more, you could have the 777's real-life version of TOPCAT installed into your 777.

I got to thinking about this after re-watching the Air Canada 777LR dvd from Just Planes

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

Pride u are just spamming whats wrong with u?

If u live in Thailand then u will have beutiful weather so go outside take a bit of fresh air and come back and post something other then spam..

Kind regards

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

I have a guess on what the 'never been done in FS' feature might be. Correct me if this has been done.

Maybe TOPCAT is working with PMDG on creating the takeoff performance calculator integrated into the EFB so that it functions just like in real life. I know PMDG codes FMC's that can spit out V speeds, but they probably don't have the time to calculate optimum flaps, and assumed temps, and V1 for wet/high altitude runways, and then put that into the EFB. So I'm wondering if they could be "out-sourcing" this to TOPCAT. It may not be included in the price for the 777. But for about $15-20 more, you could have the 777's real-life version of TOPCAT installed into your 777.

I got to thinking about this after re-watching the Air Canada 777LR dvd from Just Planes

That would be a nice feature indeed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

I guess Rob gave the complete wrong impression to everyone when posting this topic. I thought we'd see some WIP's every couple of weeks or so when I first read it. By now let's hope the flight deck is near enough preview-able ha! They're obviously seriously busy right now.

Now, go give Apple your money then before you know it it'll be time to hit 'checkout' on PMDG's website ;-)

I guess Rob gave the complete wrong impression to everyone when posting this topic. I thought we'd see some WIP's every couple of weeks or so when I first read it. By now let's hope the flight deck is near enough preview-able ha! They're obviously seriously busy right now.

Now, go give Apple your money then before you know it it'll be time to hit 'checkout' on PMDG's website ;-)

People are STILL buying apple products.. Oh humanity :(

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Honestly,

How long does it take to write a quick update/response saying how they're getting along

You're right. A small update would be nice. (Especially, with some pics of the 744)

Guys, the updates will come out when they are good and ready. Relax and be patient or time will pass slow if you glance the forums every other hour lol

People are STILL buying apple products.. Oh humanity :(

Obviously. Fanboyism apart, their products _ARE_ good and top notch.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Obviously. Fanboyism apart, their products _WERE_ good and top notch.

When Apple releases a new OS with nothing new and releases a new phone with features and capabilities Android and Windows phone's have had for at least 12 months, can we really say are good and top notch?

I stopped reading on "Android".

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11