Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

26JUL12 - PMDG 777 for FSX: Let the previews begin!

:clapping:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Gents-

I can't give you much detail here- because it is something that you haven't seen done yet in FSX... however...

We just had a breakthrough on something that is a huge technology advance for simmers who wish to fly the 777...

Can't tell you what it is yet- but we will show it to you in a video- and I think you will be quite excited.

I just had to tell someone. B)

Go on.... :rolleyes:

Only thing I could think of is WX radar?

Rónán.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Gents-

I can't give you much detail here- because it is something that you haven't seen done yet in FSX... however...

We just had a breakthrough on something that is a huge technology advance for simmers who wish to fly the 777...

Can't tell you what it is yet- but we will show it to you in a video- and I think you will be quite excited.

"hude technology advance"

Could possibly mean a Wx radar? I don't know if it has been stated previously, but maybe the ECL or the EFB is completed?

Robert, I find it beneficial when you spend time to reply to our posts as it gives us more insight to the technical side (ie model and texture) work involved.

Erik L.

Gents-

It sounds to be specific to the T7. So could it be the in-cockpit nose wheel, wing camera's?

[...]

"Aceridgey" Your post got nuked because your signature line contains plenty of fluff- but not a name. That being said- I think your comment merits a bit of research by Jason- but I think he is going to find that the lighting source in our images is vastly different than that in your chosen image. It will be looked at and may or may not be adjusted based on our opinion... (We have about 1800 images of our source airplane- and they match JB's coloration pretty darn closely when pointed into the sun...) Thank you for your opinion- it has been noted.

I must have accidentally removed it, that being said saying 'fluff' and nuking a post from someone who has been around for a while and contributed so much doesn't deserve that treatment in my opinion.

For reference here is the thread of my post.

I think the Engine fan blades need to be pitch black [check the difference below between the center of the engine and the fans, black to grey, where you shouldn't be able to see the difference.

ffbgr6.jpg

VS

pmdg_777LR_overheadlanding.jpg

vs

1337495867.jpg

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

People,

you/we waited so long for these preview pictures and now you telling them they are not so good? (I know you mean they are fantastic) for example "the engine fan is too blue or something like that."

But I do not want to get in trouble with someone, so i shut my mouth.

All in one:

I've to say this is stunning, amazing everything is already looking great! really reat work and many thanks to you Robert and you Jason.

Go on.... :rolleyes:

Only thing I could think of is WX radar?

Rónán.

"hude technology advance"

Could possibly mean a Wx radar? I don't know if it has been stated previously, but maybe the ECL or the EFB is completed?

Robert, I find it beneficial when you spend time to reply to our posts as it gives us more insight to the technical side (ie model and texture) work involved.

I doubt it's a weather radar because, while they may be inaccurate, there are still weather radars out there, which would go against his "it is something that you haven't seen done yet in FSX". Also, Ryan recently stated the EFB won't be in the initial release (I believe he said it today) so I doubt that's it.

It sounds to be specific to the T7. So could it be the in-cockpit nose wheel, wing camera's?

I think we'll see on the -300ER. Because the -200LR has no cameras on bord. ^_^

Ahhh I come home after doing the last preparations for my uncles wedding and find this!!! Something to make full use of my new PC.

Now, off to bed. Big day tomorrow involving alcohol, free food and maybe a bridesmaid or two... I can dream can't I?

Ok say. Its a break through but what has everyone wanted, but no one has been able to do in FSX? Im pretty sure rex essentials has something to say about the whole WXR issue, but it most likely isnt that. Interesting times ahead...

The T7 looks great so far, But Robert a question was asked in the T7 forum this morning about the manuals which you answered back it will just a few minutes for a answer. The question was never answered in the update given this afternoon.

JeffG

Jeffrey Gerbert

Ok say. Its a break through but what has everyone wanted, but no one has been able to do in FSX? Im pretty sure rex essentials has something to say about the whole WXR issue, but it most likely isnt that. Interesting times ahead...

The first thing that I thought it might be is that they finally sorted shared-cockpit/multicrew, but again, it wouldn't be the first time it's implemented with FSX (FlyTheMaddog has it).

Has there ever been an FS addon which accurately models FBW?

The first thing that I thought it might be is that they finally sorted shared-cockpit/multicrew, but again, it wouldn't be the first time it's implemented with FSX (FlyTheMaddog has it).

Yea. Well going off the fact that a WXR is impossible to model realistically, its got to be something else...? Coffee maker? Ahaha

Has there ever been an FS addon which accurately models FBW?

When it comes to the FBW protection, yes, the Wilco Airbus has that down pat.

Erik L.