Sign in to follow this  
drewsaw2

Where Do You Want To See An Orbx FTX Region?

Alabama

We have plains and mountains, beaches and forests, big airports and small ones. Okay, you can throw in Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee, Louisiana, and Eastern Texas.

I second the US South East, especially Georgia and the Carolinas.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

IFR

I agree with you IFR. Hey, what part of Bama you from? Huntsville here.

Alabama

We have plains and mountains, beaches and forests, big airports and small ones. Okay, you can throw in Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Tennessee, Louisiana, and Eastern Texas.

LOL I sort of forgot how these forum things work, sorry about the repetitive posts everyone.

JpC :rolleyes:

Where Do You Want To See An Orbx FTX Region?

FS9, please!

I know, I know... FsX only, and I get it. But I'm sooooo jealous of you Orbx flyers; I can't affor a new computer. Great company, and enviable products. Looking forward to the future just so I can buy their products.

LOL I sort of forgot how these forum things work, sorry about the repetitive posts everyone.

JpC :rolleyes:

1A9.. Grouby Airport... Autagua County ..... Prattville

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Just a couple of thoughts....

The UK will be the greatest challenge yet in many ways. Why? Well it doesn't have as impressive a landscape as the Rockies ...BUT it does have many subtly different landscapes and it does have a lot of dense urbanised areas fairly close together. We're a small island. We also have a very varied coastline and our coastal landscapes will be a challenge to deliver convincingly.

Much of the rest of Europe is also very like the UK in those respects. If ORBX's developers do this convincingly we ought to be able to Navigate visually? Done badly it could look like a patchwork quilt?

As to do things justice only small areas can be developed at a time I think that a smart plan would be to start a region in the NE of the US with parts of Canada. A second region around the Great Lakes next?

The advantage of this, rather than just building on to the edge of existing areas would be that those of you who like flying heavies could take off in decent scenery and fly long distance to land in decent scenery? The rest of us would have some interesting areas to explore "low and slow" and the seaplane fans would have hours of fun?

Just a personal preference but I'd rather see better detail in smaller areas than compromised detail to create larger ones?

Geoff

Geoff Brown

North East US (NY City area to Rhode Island, Connecticut... area.. is not a bad idea... Its quite similar to what Orbx has done in Australia.

I'd like the DFW area and western Texas, but that it may not be very popular.

Florida (southern) is badly needed...and Puerto Rico is an awesome place and so is Bahamas. So we can fly from Florida and all the carribean Islands (Particularly where there are no good sceneries already).

Nepal, Bhutan and the Himalayas is a good one... extending to some good spots in the far east... it would connect Europe to Australia for long flights. Focus on the Islands rather than the large swaths of land.... this would give a perception of large areas to fly over. So South east Asia with all those Islands is a good idea to extend Oz... to Asia. Islands are low handing fruits in terms of performance as well as taking advantage of the water bodies to give a perception of covering large areas.

Some areas in South America... particularly where there are dangereous airports like the one in Hondoras... and also airport Cali, Columbia and the mountain areas there...... The airport where there was an AA Crash.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I'm not from there, but the Pennsylvania area around Johnston (KJST), Latrobe (KLBE), and Pittburgh (KPIT) offer lots of interesting land forms. I FSX through the area in the Cessna 172. Autumn at dawn is beautiful.

Internationally, I bet Orbx could do a wonderful rendition of Gibraltar (LXGB).

I would like to eventually see the North America continent completed like Australia was. Nova Scotia would be a great area to fly around when they get there.

Cheers

Matthew Kane

Alpine areas of France, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, Germany. Together these form a region so would fit with Orbx's approach.

Alaska

Scandinavia

Greek islands

Supporter.png

John

The Northwest Territories (NWT) is prime bush flying country and is a growing target for the virtual airlines market

I second it!

I third the NWT, would be great to have an FTX region covering northern Canada.

And Northern Alberta just because I'm selfish and want them to do my home airport lol.

Lee

While not my "home" region - Florida and the Bahamas... IRL - the Bahamas are a Mecca for general aviation and probably the coolest place to visit east of the Mississippi... Spectacular scenery with tons of quaint little airports serving planes off the beaten track... What more could you ask for... N63503 will make it there one day...

:)

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7