Sign in to follow this  
Ruben1123

The Must Fix List

I am disgusted at this statement that Carenado has made. Absolutely disgusting.

Why? For once that particular statement is one-hundred percent accurate. When anyone is restricted to using the C:fs9gps.dll for their GPS, this is a limitation of that module, and no amount of wishing-it-were-not will make it different!

That is bad news!!!

I really wanted this but not being able to program more than a waypoint is just crazy!!! I'm not disgusted but in all true honesty Carenado I see no logic in some of your decisions.

I'm skipping this time.

That is not what is being said. You can have as many waypoints as FS will allow!

What you cannot do is 'flag' more than one waypoint at a time for a 'Direct To' in advance.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi and thanks.

So it is possible to insert a flight plan waypoint by waypoint without an external flight planner?

If this is the case I apologize for saying what I did but that's what I understood...

David DD

Why? For once that particular statement is one-hundred percent accurate. When anyone is restricted to using the C:fs9gps.dll for their GPS, this is a limitation of that module, and no amount of wishing-it-were-not will make it different!

That is not what is being said. You can have as many waypoints as FS will allow!

What you cannot do is 'flag' more than one waypoint at a time for a 'Direct To' in advance.

Well saying "it is an FSX limitation" implies that there is no way around it. I'm sure PMDG and Flight One would take exception to that statement. What he probably meant was, "the default FSX GPS modules don't support this functionality and while it would be possible to make new modules or find workarounds, it isn't feasible at the pricepoint we are aiming for". That would have made more sense. The statement they made makes it look like they are trying to dupe people. And now that Flight 1 have lowered the price of their offering they have a bit more competition.

Hi and thanks.

So it is possible to insert a flight plan waypoint by waypoint without an external flight planner?

If this is the case I apologize for saying what I did but that's what I understood...

David DD

No, I do not believe you can.

If you want a flightplan, you have use the FSX flightplanner. (.. or an RXP GNS)

Bert

No, I do not believe you can.

If you want a flightplan, you have use the FSX flightplanner. (.. or an RXP GNS)

Oh well. At least the plane still looks good I guess =S. But still this is just disgraceful. It's so fun putting the route in yourself.

People complain that the RXP GNS does not accept FSX flightplans.. and now that this G1000

only accepts FSX flightplans.

This G1000 has limitations in what is implemented - but it also does a lot of things quite well.

The Terrain feature, for example is very nice, and useful..

Bert

Serv Pk 1 released. From Carenado:

CT182T Skylane FSX/P3D Service Pack (1) 20120822

Fixes:

Multiplayer flood issue

Frozen compass

Duplicated letter when typing airport identification in G1000

STD BARO number setting

Improves:

Internal sounds

Click spots areas of G1000

STBY BATT switch operative for startup

Calibrated TIT and EGT readout

2D ADF (with the autopilot windows) for easiness manipulation.

Wrong messages in the PFD when using autopilot.

Special feature added:

One click spot added on the upper left corner of each PFD and MFD for turning on/off the 3D screen.

This will improves performance if you fly using only 2D windows or not using the MFD in the VC.

Where do you find it?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Where do you find it?

log into your account at Carenado, and in "My Account" area, click "Updates/Patches"

As far as another re-seller... I guess you'd have to contact them.

Thanks. I'll try it out in the AM.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

The first thing I would like to see fixed, or modified. Please make the PFD and MFD "pop ups"! Then do something about the very hard to use click spots around the various knobs. I'm not twenty anymore, I can't see well enough to use the panel as it is now. I would bet this is an easy fix. Not real happy with a goofy, temperamental auto pilot either. In real life I would not of accepted this aircraft as it is. Flies well and has beautiful textures, but way too many details that need modification.I am very close to considering a refund. Was this product truly finished? texerrn

OK... the popups exist - click on the upper edge of the PFD or MFD.

The click spots have been improved in SP1 - not enough as far as I am concerned,

but it is better than it was. And it is not hard to change further..

What is bothering you about the autopilot? That one I may have a direct way to modify

if need be, since it is the same autopilot Carenado has released in other aircraft!

Bert

Ok. I'm impressed! I didn't realize there was a recent up-date. Like posted only four posts back. I found the download and installed it, still unaware of new improvements. lying in bed watching videos of Caranado planes on my iPad at midnight when I get a reply from my post. See above. Jumped out of bed fired up FSX and tried the C182. There are the pop-up panels I wanted. As well as other details. That's just too cool. texerrn

Another thing I wish to be changed is the incorrect labeling of the Left magneto.

<a  href=11l2ghz4uf0.jpg' alt='11l2ghz4uf0.jpg'>