Sign in to follow this  
Elsmoko

777 2D Cockpit?

you dont have the rights to disturbe this disccusion........any topic is for useful and scientific information for simulation world so if you dont like it dont post unrespectful comments.......always try to be positive and give good advice :excl: :mad:

I HAVE A RIGHT TO POST WHAT I FEEL LIKE!! Just like you have the right to start an argument that has been said will not happen in the future by PMDG. GET OVER IT!! This useless topic has been beat to death many times on here! :t0152:

This 2d v 3d will continue on forever as there will be no winners here, in another month or so it will rear its head again. People will just keep on bringing it up all the time. But least it brings good reading material, people should just use what they prefer to use.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I HAVE A RIGHT TO POST WHAT I FEEL LIKE!! Just like you have the right to start an argument that has been said will not happen in the future by PMDG. GET OVER IT!! This useless topic has been beat to death many times on here! :t0152:

i dont have a free time to revice all of the forums topics and not start one that have been discussed before!!! i post a topic that represent my opinion and i dont care if it has been discussed before or not!! FSX is a crap program that must be used for demonestration purposes not for flying in a valid VC that has been made only a year ago and it is the first one to represent the real thing with good graphics and simulation........so the 2d cockpit should be included in any future product of any company so that the simmer has the chance to simulate an aircraft with reasonable graphics performance and fluid FPS not to struggle with having additional 5-10 FPS!!!! and cry simmers spend months try to configure their fsx.cfg file and waste their time and money buying new cpus and liquid cooling stuff...etc...me and every simmer ( End User) should spend their money for a new sim that have the value we will paid it because it is simply not the job of the simmer to adjust crapy programms but to spend his time learning flying and operation of aircrafts :Applause: :Whistle: :Clown: :LMAO:

This 2d v 3d will continue on forever as there will be no winners here, in another month or so it will rear its head again. People will just keep on bringing it up all the time. But least it brings good reading material, people should just use what they prefer to use.

i agrre with you, but if the 3d VC have the same performance in FSx like 2d a topic like this will not be exist anymore!! if you want to say buy anew hardware i will tell you that one can not throw his 1400$ PC in the trash and basicly buy a new one because his pc a 2 years old machine.......for new games you can simply replace your PCI with new one........but not buying anew pc that require a new motherboard hence new PC!!! by the way i have i7-920 3.32 ghz and i cant throw it and buy the 2nd generation intel ivy bridge because simply intel released the third generation which require anew motherboard and the story continues......one should buy new hardware only if prepare 3d can release V2 and gurantee to all users that with certain hardware requirements simmer will be able to have very good FPS even with most complex and denes 3rd party add-ons :rolleyes: B) :lol:

There is a certain segment of Flight Sim flyers who need a 2D cockpit to use in their system as a vc will not work....If PMDG does not want to fill that need then other makers will. I know PMDG makes the best and do hope that 777 has enough 2D pop ups to use. I read how some apply there own limatations as justifications to not produce 2D panels or pop ups and in the end that will coast PMDG some sales....

Percy Lee

Thats business... they have to find out what cost more: To spend money on 2d panels, or to lose some of customers. Its obvious they are so confident, and think that other nice features will compensate for lack of basic one, so even "2d panel only" customers will buy it. Time will tell if they are right or wrong.

I remember a topic like this a few months back. It's now locked LOL. Get over it!

Use EZCA and you will have the ease of 2d panels in a 3d environment. I do pan a bit in the pilot's seat but otherwise I "snap" from panel to panel.

2D or not 2D that is the question?

Jeff

And I think we know the answer :)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

...the simple fact that NGX VC is a truely FPS eater ...

http://forum.avsim.n...e/#entry2479077

...but sometimes it just completely eats up my frame rates...

... as a vc will not work....

Get over yourselves please. If your machine is less the about 3 years old, NGX VC will work fine for you. If your machine is more then three years old, and you cant budget even €10 a month to upgrade it, then perhaps flight simulation is not the most suitable hobby for you anymore.

Get over yourselves please. If your machine is less the about 3 years old, NGX VC will work fine for you. If your machine is more then three years old, and you cant budget even €10 a month to upgrade it, then perhaps flight simulation is not the most suitable hobby for you anymore.

Get over myself? I don't even know where to start on how idiotic that comment is. Paul, I've seen many people with i7's overclocked to the max, 16 gigs of RAM, and GTX 680 video cards who have trouble getting above average frame rates in FSX. Think I'm lying? Go search around. The fact is, FSX is not optimized for newer hardware. That's why you'll see people with nVidia 9600 cards having phenomenal frame rates. Also, many people cannot afford a new computer (just look at the economy). I have a pretty decent machine. I can run Crysis and Crysis 2 on mostly high settings without any problems, but when I go into a payware airports with AI traffic and heavy duty payware planes, the frame rates tend to drop a little in the 3D cockpit., So next time you decide you want to make rude and disrespectful comments, keep them to yourself.

Get over myself? I don't even know where to start on how idiotic that comment is. Paul, I've seen many people with i7's overclocked to the max, 16 gigs of RAM, and GTX 680 video cards who have trouble getting above average frame rates in FSX. Think I'm lying? Go search around. The fact is, FSX is not optimized for newer hardware. That's why you'll see people with nVidia 9600 cards having phenomenal frame rates. Also, many people cannot afford a new computer (just look at the economy). I have a pretty decent machine. I can run Crysis and Crysis 2 on mostly high settings without any problems, but when I go into a payware airports with AI traffic and heavy duty payware planes, the frame rates tend to drop a little in the 3D cockpit., So next time you decide you want to make rude and disrespectful comments, keep them to yourself.

It's interesting that you point out how some very fast hardware doesn't mean the greatest performance. I'm running an i5 iMac running FSX in boot camp. I don't have my sliders maxed out or anything, but I don't have everything low either. I run the NGX into pay ware airports with AI traffic, weather, and upgraded weather textures. For the most part I can keep my frames rather smooth in the 3D view. Only two airports out of many have killed my frames. I was floored when I found my iMac running the NGX no problem, I was expecting it to not work and be out some cash. That said, I still like the 2D for certain things.

It's interesting that you point out how some very fast hardware doesn't mean the greatest performance. I'm running an i5 iMac running FSX in boot camp. I don't have my sliders maxed out or anything, but I don't have everything low either. I run the NGX into pay ware airports with AI traffic, weather, and upgraded weather textures. For the most part I can keep my frames rather smooth in the 3D view. Only two airports out of many have killed my frames. I was floored when I found my iMac running the NGX no problem, I was expecting it to not work and be out some cash. That said, I still like the 2D for certain things.

That was exactly my point in my original post on this thread. I wasn't demanding PMDG make a 2D cockpit. All I stated was that I sometimes get framerate drops in the VC, nothing more, and I was attacked for it. For the most part I can run it smoothly, especially in the 2D cockpit. However, when I start throwing in other high performance stuff like the payware ai and airports, there is sometimes a drop in fps.

For me it is the use of multi panels not speed of computer, after spending 30 hrs or more in level D flight sims the Multi panel 2D display is the most realistic , PDF ND and FMC are actual size.

percy lee