Sign in to follow this  
gandy

Prepar3d 1.4 Feedback and comments

Word Not Allowed could you update your tweeks page to have a section on P3D also what is am=14 just so i am not missing anything and thanks for your help to the community

Shane, sorry, that will not happen. The tweak guide is going to be kept FSX only for now.

But just for the info: you can use the same tweaks in P3D.

See the guide for the short names. It's all in there.

It seems that I've lost the shoreline wave effects unless they were removed from P3D ? Can anyone confirm ?

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

So I finally remembered to turn on water reflections back on.. Wow, even just reflecting the sky only is a major impact on performance.. I just went right back to disabling it entirely.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Im surprised it had a big impact on performance for you styckx. I use Sky,Clouds and sim objects for reflections and i dont really have an fps hit that i would complain about.

Here is what mine looks like

326reflect.jpg

-Paul-

Today was the first day I really sat down and gave 1.4 a good run through and testing.. I'm honestly about to uninstall it and go back to 1.3.. I've done two complete reinstalls and it performs like crap. I'm getting more blurries than FSX on a bad day and just awful performance. I'll report back once 1.3 is back in place to confirm.. I used to have to try to get blurries on 1.3, with 1.4 I can't get rid of them to save my life..

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Bill,

Post a screenshot of your blurries.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Bill, wow. I've been testing today in the morning, but I had to reinstall W7, it was already time - I have between 5% and 40% performance boost in different sceneries, absolutely no blurries, extremely better performance... That is with my tweaks, FFTF=0.15.

Oh man.. I think found my problem. I had to go into problem solving mode because I rolled back to 1.3 and it was still acting up.

So... I had to think back in time and remember what I did different.. Then it hit me.. Before I upgraded I was playing with the Enbseries.. Then deleted the modified directx runtime to return it to normal before upgrading to 1.4.. What I didn't do is disable the MSI Afterburner profile for Prepar3D to use a modified directx runtime. So MSI Afterburner thought I was running a modified runtime when I really wasn't which in turn was causing some `issues'.. :rolleyes: *DOH*

Problem definitely solved! 1.4 working just as well 1.3... *whew*

Hi All,

I've only had Prepar3D for a little over a week now. Started with version 1.3 and just installed 1.4 when it became available. I haven't used FSX much in the last six months mainly because I got aggravated with stuttering and CTD's.

I must say that so far I am impressed with P3D as it seems to have given my 3 year old machine a new lease on life.

I just hooked up a 2nd monitor just to see what would happen to performance and it seemed to have little or no impact, and that's flying the LD 767.

And that's using settings I would have never used in FSX and flying the LD 767.

I do plan on buying a 660 Ti and hopefully I can really crank things higher.

I strongly reccomend the 660Ti! This little thing is a beast! :biggrin:

Problem definitely solved! 1.4 working just as well 1.3... *whew*

Am I glad I am not the only one who messed the things up.

I dont know if its been posted or not but here is a simple p3d save file launcher, some things can be edited but not everything.

http://www.keithb77....me/P3D/P3D.html

Oh yeah i forgot, you need to manually set up its ini file

Here is an example of mine

[Program]

Folder=H:\Prepar3D

Exe=Prepar3D.exe

Flights=F:\My Documents\Prepar3D Files

-Paul-

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered...

with 1.4, is is necessary to completely

reinstall all your airplane files or can you

just copy them back over?...same question

for saved flights and flight plans?....thanks for any

help...