Sign in to follow this  
gandy

Prepar3d 1.4 Feedback and comments

as its less than 24 hours until we get out hands on ver 1.4 i thought i would make this thread.

Please can you post your comments and thoughts on version 1.4, we dont know to much about it at this time other than 2 new aircraft and bug fixes and performance improvements.

If you hate it please explain what you dont like, so please dont just say its rubbish and can the trolls please stay away from this thread as i dont want this thread to go down hill, if it goes that way then i will ask the forum mods to lock the thread or remove the posts.

All i have learnt about 1.4 is two new aircraft, the Mooney Acclaim (from Lionheart Creations ) and T-6 Texan (from IRIS Flight Simulation Software ) and that there will be bug fixes and performance improvements, while i have no idea what bugs have been fixed but i dont expect the performance improvements to give me any more fps in the sim, i expect it all to be behind the scenes stuff maybe 1.4 will pass the mach 1 test with no tweaks like 1.2 almost did for me ( 200ft agl just under mach 1 before the ground textures showed sign of not catching up ).

anyway please post your comments on the updated version as i know i will :)

before its released you can share on what you expect from 1.4 as there is not long to go.

-Paul-

This version should fix the microstuttering that they accidentally introduced in 1.3.

Not being a Prepar3d user, I am very interested in any feedback from v1.4 :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

If 1.4 gets positive feedback, I might switch over from fsx. I still sim in fs9 everyday because it looks and flies better than my FSX setup. I have over $1000 invested in fs9 Payware.

Sweet release notes :)

Sweet the fixed the g3d.dll crashes and the water bug :)

Im more than happy :)

-Paul-

Just done my Mach1 test, stock P3D with no config tweaks other than what can be done in the options also LOD was 5.5, no third party addons other than the Iris F-16. Not even FSUIPC installed.

at 250 to 350 AGL got to about 619kts before i started to notice the ground textures were starting to load a little slower ( with minor cfg tweaking im sure i could take that up to 650ish knots ), at mach 1.90 @ 30,000 feet no issues to report ground texture's was nice and sharp.

In FSX i would be lucky to hit 400kts at 250 to 350 AGL and at 30,000 feet the textures would not be as sharp for those who are interested.

Flying fast and low is a great way to test how well the base sim is performing before you start to add your addons, you want to see how fast you can go before the ground textures get out of shape.

I think this is the most important test of performance i will do in the sim as i always lock my fps at 30, my pc specs are on the left. I will be posting more as i go btw.

-Paul-

I bought it TODAY, as i'm looking into updating my FSX the best i can. Still looking into it, seems very solid and a nice performer, but time will tell. Copied over my REX textures, works with AS2012, installing all airplanes i can think of to test it out - If it works well, i'll replace FSX in a few months most surely.

The one thing i dislike until now is the watermark which i thought existed only when the menu is called (well forgive me, but i'll have to find a way to remove it) and there's no startup screen where you can choose your flight, airport, etc (is there?).

First impressions are very good.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

its very smoooth the only problem or concern I have so far is that in full screen mode the atc window is clunky coming up and going out but in windowed mode it works great

Overcast conditions in P3D.

It seems there is an issue with full overcast at the default load airport ( norfolk ), when checking weather themes or creating custom weather, make sure you test at a different airport

-Paul-

I installed FSUIPC but it knows this P3d ver 1.4 is newer than what FSUIPC was originally written for (last fsuipc update).

Anybody getting FSUIPC in the P3d top menu to set up throttles etc. ??

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I bought it TODAY, as i'm looking into updating my FSX the best i can. Still looking into it, seems very solid and a nice performer, but time will tell. Copied over my REX textures, works with AS2012, installing all airplanes i can think of to test it out - If it works well, i'll replace FSX in a few months most surely.

The one thing i dislike until now is the watermark which i thought existed only when the menu is called (well forgive me, but i'll have to find a way to remove it) and there's no startup screen where you can choose your flight, airport, etc (is there?).

First impressions are very good.

I was checking the website as well today with the purpose of perhaps trying it out, but I was unsure about the watermark thing.

Is the watermark ALWAYS visible?

Is the watermark the only diference between the Academic version and the Retail version?

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

I installed FSUIPC but it knows this P3d ver 1.4 is newer than what FSUIPC was originally written for (last fsuipc update).

Anybody getting FSUIPC in the P3d top menu to set up throttles etc. ??

I got the same message when installing FSUIPC and as usual, I just ignored it. :) I save a copy of my FSUIPC .ini file when installing anything new and am using the one I saved. I'm using 1.4 with FSUIPC and it works great. Everything very smooth with REXe textures installed

The Lionheart Mooney Acclaim is beautiful!

I found out the first time I ran the FSUIPC installer it did not update the P3d DLL.xml file but it did create the "Modules" folder.

So, I ran the FSUIPC installer a second time .. and it then updated the P3D dll.xml file .. and it is working ok.

FSUIPC ver 4.85 is what I used.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW