Sign in to follow this  
ndflieger

USA Roads released!

Guest GamePlayer

I bought this yesterday and it's great. Night time over cities looks more realistic now compared to using the original roads. Is there a way to increase the viewing distance for roads in FS2004?

Guest BobL

Anybody using this with the FS Scene collection for the United States? Any conflicts there?BobL

Guest OneTinSoldier

>Anybody using this with the FS Scene collection for the>United States? Any conflicts there?>>BobLHi Bob,Are you talking about the FScene Textures by Ruud Faber? If so, I bought the FScene Textures for the US and Canada a couple days ago. Just installed USA Roads today. Everything works fine. Here's some screenshots I posted if you want to take a look.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...&mesg_id=144086Cheers,Jim

Guest sssummer

Great, thank you Jon. That's the info I was looking for.Brian

Hi Everyone,I just installed USA Roads last night and did my first flight this afternoon. I fly IFR however on takeoff and landing I love to look at the scenery also.Today taking off from LAX, there were too many clouds to see the road complex over the LA basin, but when I arrived in Denver which is my home, my mouth just dropped open.The roads around Denver and even in the mountains with I-70 going up into them was just awesome. But on final approach into the airport, I was really shocked. Pena Blvd which is a multilane higway into the airport was just right on the mark, even with the mutliple lane entry plaza which use to be a pay booth was dead on.This really is an impressive piece of work, and no frame rate hit.Bravo,Bob JohnsonDenver

Great to hear, Allen. I'd love to see Canadian roads.Any possibility of narrowing the roads somewhat? They look somewhat dominating, check out http://www.synergywise.com/jon/fs where I show the transition from megascenery to USA roads. Note how much more prominent the USA Roads are than the aerial photo.And, congratulations on a superb product at a reasonable price.Jon

>Any possibility of narrowing the roads somewhat? They look>somewhat dominating,I posted my thoughts on the subject on their forum. I personally don't think the width is an issue (at least not the primary issue). What is the issue is not enough autogen trees and buildings. In real life your eyes don't "catch" roads so easily since there is plenty of other "concrete" around - shopping malls, parking lots, individual homes, etc. All this is missing in FS9 causing them to stand out.Michael J.http://www.reality-xp.com/community/nr/rsc/rxp-higher.jpg

Gotcha, I can see that could be the case. I'll drop by their forum.Jon

Guest wathomas777

Actually, there is a setting that allows you to only define "major" roads.I find this helpful as it does not checkerboard every road on top of land class, and provides a more realistic view. Since major highways and streets are often the most visible from the air, you see those, but you don't have the issue in residential areas where those roads stick out when normally you wouldn't be able to see them well because of trees and stuff.It's each his own. Using major roads, I can't pick out EXACTLY where I live, but I can get within a 1/4 mile, and that is close enough for me.Overall, a great product.

Guest product

Anyone else having trouble switching between default "all" roads and just "Major"? I can't seem to get it to switch back to "all", very frustrating...Best,Joel

Guest JimC1702

I've had a couple of days with "USA Roads" now and can safely say it has transformed FS9 for me. I often take short hops when I have a little time. Usually out of NY0 (Fulton County, NY) to Albany, Utica, Syracuse, Glens Falls, etc. "USA Roads" has made it possible for me to know precisely where I am even when the Landclass isn't quite right. The roads are dead on including Thruway entrances and exits. This is especially helpful when flying westbound where the Mohawk River mysteriously drys up. I easily found my brother's street in Frankfort, NY from 4000'.Nighttime flying is a huge improvement. The cities look more real and more alive now. Last night I flew the Cessna 441 from Stewart Intl. in Newburg to Albany, Though I was flying IFR, it was comforting to see the NYS Thruway beneath me. The approach into Albany was the best I've experienced yet with the streets lit up around the airport.My credit card is smoking from all the add-ons lately, but boy do they make flying fun.Jim

Guest LLgaz

Check the flight1 forums for a temporary fix for this problem.