Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

A "How-To-go-DX10" doc

Hi Caio; The "Rain Fix" is not incorporated into the latest pinned "How-To" document. There's a link to the Rain40.fx file included, and instructions on how to install it.

Cheers!

pj

That's great!

Thank you, Paul!

Hi Caio; The "Rain Fix" is not NOW incorporated into the latest pinned "How-To" document. There's a link to the Rain40.fx file included, and instructions on how to install it.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr..

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Paul,

Have a look at http://forum.avsim.n...-smaa-injector/ . Have you ever heard of it? It sounds interesting and may be worth a try.

Edit. Never mind, this appears to work for ATI users but not for nVidia users. Could be an option for those ATI users who may have difficulty with this configuration though..

Paul,

Have a look at http://forum.avsim.n...-smaa-injector/ . Have you ever heard of it? It sounds interesting and may be worth a try.

Edit. Never mind, this appears to work for ATI users but not for nVidia users. Could be an option for those ATI users who may have difficulty with this configuration though..

AntiAlias=0; no InjectSMAA

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16766640/AA%20OFF%20INJECT%20OFF.BMP

AntiAlias=0; with InjectSMAA

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16766640/AA%20OFF%20INJECT%20ON.BMP

AntiAlias=1; no InjectSMAA

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16766640/AA%20ON%20INJECT%20OFF.BMP

I think InjectSMAA gives a slightly better AA than the internal one. How do you think those images compare to the result you guys have been getting? I'm still not 100% satisfied.

Edited by Caio de Campos

Hi all,

I received an email from Steve Parsons ( DX10 SHADER) and he is now refinning the shader because it wasn't working the way he wanted it to in the direct sunlight. So look for this in the near future. :im Not Worthy:

Les

Hi Paul,

I literally just stumbled upon this section of the forum when I saw "DX10".

I'm seriously considering trying a change-over from DX9 as I've read through all the posts here thus far.

Is there any chance you can provide a snapshot/list of all things working and not working in FSX with DX10 thus far? (Including things being looked at and things being worked on) Kind of like a Pros and Cons list which includes issues that are currently being worked on. That way it will be far simpler for any newcomers to the forum to get a clear view of where things are at with DX10 in FSX. The list can be edited and updated when necessary.

Appreciate your help.

Rgds,

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

I think your best course is to read through the "How-To" doc, follow the various links within the doc, so that you can get a better grasp of the "How-To", and then give it a shot, XC...

Stevejp is the man that's working on fixing a number of - mostly small issues. At this moment he's working on cockpit/flight deck VC overhead bloom glare, along with adjusting the shadowing density. But a list of what works and what doesn't?

What works and what doesn't work in DX9? I don't think anyone here can do either - maybe the devs over at Lockeed-Martin could.

No - we know that DX10 doesn't replicate the GPU memory into the system's memory, so a big boost in performance: what that also means is that the possibilities of OOM's is very much diminished. Various bump-mapping is doubled or quadrupled (water). Water now has whitecaps, and they move in the direction of the wind: Many/most of the port-over textures on aircraft and scenerys respond to AddonConverter: The major fixes have been: runway/taxyway intersection flashing: opaque fencing: progressive taxy arrows: some night textures: some lighting textures. As well, various of the members here have worked at finding out the best methods for controlling AA and vsync.

Print off the doc, then copy your Inspector and fsx.cfg to a safe place, and then follow the doc as you setup Inspector and that new fsx.cfg. Then jump in! DX10 is not a magic wand, but a mid-range pc such as yours should be able to improve on the performance of FSX-DX9.

All the Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Is there any chance you can provide a snapshot/list of all things working and not working in FSX with DX10 thus far?

There are various posts in this forum showing the problems in DX10, most solve-able or compromising.

I'd like to see an alternative work around for the textures not showing up(solid grey). Not interested in buying 3rd party program to do this on the fly. Is there no way to permanently convert a planes DX9 textures into a compatible DX10 one?

EDIT: Sort of responding to my own question but there are several tutorials on youtube on plane painting. With a bit of converting and saving, hopefully they can possibly solve this DX10 grey issue. Anyone one with free time feel free to look into it. :)

Don Grovestine's CYYJ(2011) has a slew of C150's and 172's sitting on the Victoria Flying Club's pan, and they are all grey, and don't respond to AddonConverter, Bump. Pain in the #$@!

I think your best course is to read through the "How-To" doc, follow the various links within the doc, so that you can get a better grasp of the "How-To", and then give it a shot, XC...

Stevejp is the man that's working on fixing a number of - mostly small issues. At this moment he's working on cockpit/flight deck VC overhead bloom glare, along with adjusting the shadowing density. But a list of what works and what doesn't?

What works and what doesn't work in DX9? I don't think anyone here can do either - maybe the devs over at Lockeed-Martin could.

No - we know that DX10 doesn't replicate the GPU memory into the system's memory, so a big boost in performance: what that also means is that the possibilities of OOM's is very much diminished. Various bump-mapping is doubled or quadrupled (water). Water now has whitecaps, and they move in the direction of the wind: Many/most of the port-over textures on aircraft and scenerys respond to AddonConverter: The major fixes have been: runway/taxyway intersection flashing: opaque fencing: progressive taxy arrows: some night textures: some lighting textures. As well, various of the members here have worked at finding out the best methods for controlling AA and vsync.

Print off the doc, then copy your Inspector and fsx.cfg to a safe place, and then follow the doc as you setup Inspector and that new fsx.cfg. Then jump in! DX10 is not a magic wand, but a mid-range pc such as yours should be able to improve on the performance of FSX-DX9.

All the Best,

pj

Thx Paul for your response........I guess I'll start prepping to dip into the DX10 pool soon (ie after I read through the "How to" again).

Rgds,

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

My List would be:

VC Tool Tips not shown in Full Screen.

Full Screen Mode Opens on Second Monitor if you are using Multi Mons.

I found work arounds, so a mild irritation.

I have to say that this is really fantastic. Once you see a moving shadow inside the plane as you make a turn... just wow.

Funny thing for me... My FSX was having some "fits" with the DX10, but seriously... it all went away after a couple days. Now it's running like a top will all my aircraft and addon scen.

Hi

First thanks for the informations Paul J

I made the switch to dx 10 quite easily,but i lost all the virtual traffic from my traffic x

and some airports have the aircraft (static)parked in the grass (not in the ramp)

Just flight has the tools to reconfigure the new fsx cfg and i recompile the traffic and switch nvidia inspector profiles

Does anybody knows what`s goin on

Thanks

Stef

Intel x299 I7 7820  OC @ 4.7 Ghz   Win10 pro 64

Gigabyte gaming 9  Nvidia 1080ti  11GB

Thermaltake level 10 Corsair H1100 h2o cooling

64 GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz

Ch Rudder,Yoke,&Stick Itra flightboard 2000

And my specs are

Home made

Mobo asus x79pro(2011chipset) 32 gb corsair 1600

Cpu Intel 7 3930 3.20@4.6

Liquid cooling corsair h80

Gpu nvidia 580 3gb

Case Thermaltake gt 10

fsx in a ssd only istallaton

Main add ons are hifi (wether) utx,fs genesis,fx traffic

Hope it helps

Thanks again

Stef

Intel x299 I7 7820  OC @ 4.7 Ghz   Win10 pro 64

Gigabyte gaming 9  Nvidia 1080ti  11GB

Thermaltake level 10 Corsair H1100 h2o cooling

64 GB Corsair Dominator DDR4 @ 3000 Mhz

Ch Rudder,Yoke,&Stick Itra flightboard 2000

but i lost all the virtual traffic from my traffic x

DX10 Preview has nothing to do with MyTrafficX. I'm thinking you might have rebuilt your FSX.cfg and you need that line in the Main section which states SimObjectPaths.6=MyTraffic\Aircraft. DX10 preview will not mess with any static aircraft parked in the grass instead of the ramp. Can't figure out what you did wrong there. I have a feeling you have a layering issue in the Scenery Library where an AFCAD of an airport is trumping out the sceneries below it.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10