Sign in to follow this  
Arthur42417

Are You the only flight sim enthusiast/addict in your home?

Only me and in 25 years I haven't met or heard of anyone near m neighborhood. Sometimes I wonder if all of you really exist. It might all be a conspiracy for all I know. :ph34r:

Cheers,

Im generally the only one who flies regularly, but my wife and I share an office and if im flying and have to get up for a bathroom break or a drink, i will every so often looking at the scenery when i return, shes even done a simple pattern in the cessna 172 and landed it just fine. She was mighty proud of herself then.

Three People in my home. Me, Myself and I. The wife shows zero interest. Oh and one of the felines loves to find a perch and keep a sharp eye on the mouse pointer.

Mel

Sometimes I wonder if all of you really exist.

:LMAO: Me, too!

Actually, I do have to say that I'm surprised when I see the signatures of Avsimmers who live in and around my neck of the woods, YVR. Kinda makes me think that we should make some kind of an attempt to meet.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Sometimes I wonder if all of you really exist. It might all be a conspiracy for all I know.

It is! This is an automated AI program that simply creates fantasies for those who think that simulation is nearly real world. You should see our adult fantasy site. Talk about conspiracies! You too can be assimilated! :Hypnotized:

It is! This is an automated AI program that simply creates fantasies for those who think that simulation is nearly real world. You should see our adult fantasy site. Talk about conspiracies! You too can be assimilated! :Hypnotized:

Could you point me to the adult fantasy site please???? :Party:

Could you point me to the adult fantasy site please???? :Party:

Ah, no.... Google is your friend. AI response completed.

:LMAO: Me, too!

Actually, I do have to say that I'm surprised when I see the signatures of Avsimmers who live in and around my neck of the woods, YVR. Kinda makes me think that we should make some kind of an attempt to meet.

Joel,

Hop the ferry (or fly) and come over to Victoria for the AVSIM social on October 27th!

Kind regards,

Forgot about the meet, actually. Putting it my calendar now. :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Just me GF and I live together, she is a Paraglider so does have an interest in things Aviation. As for Flight Simming she has tried but lost interest, she would rather jump off a cliff with a paraglider then sit in an armchair and flight sim.

She thinks it is cool and is impressed with the quality of the scenery and aircraft.

Matthew Kane

Yes. The wife tolerates it as she's seen the RW GA bills from before we were married, so accepts that this is the price for being able to afford a mortgage and kids. I suspect she knows she gets off lightly compared to the frustrated former pilot hubby living within earshot of YPAD.

Flying solo as well - been into some flavor of flight sims since ~ 1990, and as long as I can remember, it's been a solo sport in terms of face-to-face contacts.Have met many good friends over the years thru the VAs.

Both sons (15 and 11) could care less, and even last night, when I showed the wife our house in some scenery I created with FSET, she was patiently waiting to move on.

Do have to admit the family is very patient with the hobbies, though, so I can not complain.

:LMAO:

I'd like to see that adult fantasy site, too.

Now, seriuosly, I'm the only one at home who is into flight sim, though my sister tried it once and wasn't totally disappointed, but also not too entusiastic about it. And I do know some people who at least were flight simmers themselves, but when we talked anout that we were in a quite group, so I guess none of them would have confessed he still is simming (me neither :rolleyes:)

It's a bit sad that we have to keep our hobby to ourselves. I have seen it myself, people look at me as if I'm infectious when I mention it but yet they have no problem punching a game-pad on PSP or Nintendo. Strange really :unsure:

Actually now that I think of it they did the same thing when I started flying lessons.......................maybe I need new friends.