Worst NGX landings

Guest BeaverDriver

You just KNOW you are in trouble when the FMC calls out:

"Fifty

Fort

Thi

T...

Ah screw it - INCOMING!!!!!" :lol:

Actually, this thread has given me an idea for another add-on for FSX - "FSX Clean-Up Crew". You'd have some guys running around in trucks picking little pieces of virtual airplanes off the airport (you know, like runways, taxiways, aprons, Johnny-on-the-spots, etc.) :P . Could be a hit... oh, maybe not the best choice of words to describe it, but whaddya think? ^_^

When I was first getting to know the controls of the NGX- Visual onto runway 25 at aldergrove.

I was hand flying in, realised I was coming to low hit the throttles, but couldnt slow down in time.

My passengers certainly got quite a bump when I hit the runway :lol:

26731862.jpg

I can relate to this <_<

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

I can only say:

119.jpg

Could be worse. I had a normal 10hr 744 BA flight from KPHX-EGLL.

On final to Heathrow, got ultra lag, then pretty much stalled & crashed just short of the runway.

With The NGX however, lets just say I don't do go-arounds...............

The worst one for me was when I took a phone call,put the pc on mute and while coming in for the landing,forgot to lower the gear!!

It wasn't pretty!

my worst was, coming into NZCH after circuits, trying to get the feel of the approach, got Sink rate, and smacked into the ground at 650 Fpm, but i change that now, while on final, i save the flight, so i can try again.

Fifty, forty, thirty....... forty, fifty, forty, forty, forty, thirty, twenty, thirty, thirty, forty, fifty, forty, forty, thirty, thirty...

I'd say my singular worst landing was a floater in to TNCM. 7500 foot island, 8000 foot landing.

Worst landing in real life was on a SkyWest CRJ into BUR with winds gusting up over 50 Kts ... Getting tossed around by the wind was the fun part, but we didn't so much "touch" down on the runway as we "slammed" down on the runway.

I once did a 3,5 hour tourist flight back from the canaries with an NGX-800, autolanded her in Zurich with a slight to moderate brake setup...

"Let's chill, runway is long enough..."

I was cleared, right after a smooth touchdown and initial braking to 120 KIAS a crazy &amp;@(&#036;* psycho suicidal terrorist idiot drove his stupid AI van right onto the runway some 1000 till 2000 feet ahead of me.....

"HOLY SHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII......." *FULL BRAKES* 100 knots...... *FINGER ON F2, EVEN IF FULL REVERSE ALREADY WAS APPLIED* 80 knots...... *********!!!!!!!!!! 60 knots *PARKING BRAKE ON* 40 knots.....

"oh.....crap....."

*CRASH* *SCRAAAATCH*

lets just say my 800 needed a new nose gear after that.....

(But I crashed it on takeoff - wrongly set up FMC and thrust settings for the runway length. Didn't have enough speed coming to the threshold!) :lol:

Totally lost count on how many times that has happened to me! :happy:

Had one yesterday although I kind of knew it was coming after I figured out what the issue was. I was flying the 900 in United colors from MYNN to KEWR. On take off from Nassau, it was pretty normal, but the payware scenery I had was acting a bit funky. In fact during my initial climb out, the runway sort of jumped up while I was about 100 Feet above. I didn't think much of it until my virtual F/O (FS2Crew) and I cleaned the plane up. With VNAV engaged, the climb speed would not go above 220 KTS. For a couple of minutes I was playing around with the FMC to see if my preflight init was wrong, but everything was good. So I started scanning the cockpit and there it was, both main gear did not retract. I thought that was curious and started saying to myself maybe the service based failures kicked in; another scan of the FMC showed that all was good, no failures. Checked the FSX menu, again no failures triggered, not that I have them enabled on FSX anyway, but just thought FSX might have been buggy. I slowed down a bit more, dropped and retracted the gear a few times to see if that would fix it to no avail. Then it hit me, the damn scenery jumped up and bit me LOL! I knew it would be futile to do an emergency landing, but I input a course for KFLL to execute an emergency landing. Everything went smoothly, slowed the aircraft down maybe about 5 KTS above stall speed because I knew if this was going to a successful landing, it had to be soft and smooth:

Then I hear "10" and I said to myself, man I may pull this off; then "scrape" "crash". Just as I thought, the landing gear sunk beneath the runway. Oh well, at least it happened early in the flight. I reset the flight after figuring my mesh setting were set too high causing the scenery to jump like it did. The next flight went off without a hitch.

• Upvote 1

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

In the NGX, I was doing a full CAT3 landing a couple of days after I bought it.. Turns out that I failed at activating the right autopilot as well as tuning my NAV2, so let's say that the nose gear and first 10 feet of aircraft needed replacing.

In real life, I was around a 25hr student, xwinds at EGGP, completely missed runway, landed on grass, killed some runway lights and my nose gear. There is a report of it on the AAIB website, actually.

• Upvote 1