Sign in to follow this  
glenm

Coolsky DC-9 Released!

"A bunch of vague nonsense"...

Thank You!!!

And I guess YOU must be the mastermind of all times giving You the right to call what i wrote "A bunch of vague nonsense"

I have the right to give what thoghts I want about the DC-9 WITHOUT have Your "A bunch of vague nonsense" thrown in the face!

Shame!!!

Yes it's real shame how you completely bash a product just because it has some bugs after initial release. This product is still completely flyable and meets everything promised in the product texts, maybe learn express your opinions more civilized and constructive way?

Probably this FPS problem will be fixed anyway.

Yes it's real shame how you completely bash a product just because it has some bugs after initial release. This product is still completely flyable and meets everything promised in the product texts, maybe learn express your opinions more civilized and constructive way?

Probably this FPS problem will be fixed anyway.

Oh Yes!

-The exterior model. Man, what a disappointment. One reason why I was waiting for that bird was, because the FSX world does not have an up-to-date exterior DC-9 model except for the CLS MD-80, which has barely any systems modeled. Sorry, but in times of PMDG's NGX I do not know how one can release something like Coolsky did. Except for the wings surface and the transparent windows, this DC-9 barely has any details and McPhat was apparently only employed to work on the interior. The wings itself look like glued to the fuselage without any transition and -worse- lack any wing flex animation. This has been my only dislike with the maddog for a long time, that the wings look like they were stiff and there is no airflow around them, making the whole plane look like its still on the ground. Coolsky repeated that error in their DC-9, but its 2012 now! Captain Sim did a way better job with the exterior of their 727 and it was released 4 years ago. A shame.

Really?

I took these tonight http://forum.avsim.net/topic/385567-coolsky-dc-9-close-up-from-the-out-side/

VC http://forum.avsim.net/topic/385568-coolsky-dc-9-vc/

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

O BTW I've deleted the QW 146 as imo it needs a SP1

This comment alone skews your review for me. I think the QW bird is one of the best aircraft released in recent times, and I'm having a real hard time flying anything else. For me, everything about the RJ is outstanding. Given your completely differing opinion about it I suspect that could hold true for the DC-9 as well.

I may break down at some point because I was really looking forward to this plane, but the division in opinions about has me worried.

- Aaron

Flight 1 had their own kind of refund policy, you can buy it and if you don't like it you just contact them within 30 days and you get your money back.

I agree Slait. Deleting the QW 146? That's ludicrous! I'm not saying he didn't do it because why would he lie? It's just hard to believe! Now deleting the JUSTFLIGHT CLS BAE 146? That I can fathom because I did it!

When the QW 146 was released it was about 98% positive reviews. On the DC 9 it seems about 60-70% in my estimation.

There has to be a system specific issue some people are having with this plane because frame rate (not that I worry about actual numbers ) is great for me, better than the NGX. The QW RJ for some reason is heavier than both. I am running in the high 20s to 30, where my frames are locked at.

I also have crystal clear displays, no anomalies, or anything. I have my TML to 4096 anyways as I use this for other addons, so I didn't ever see the issues stated before this post.

I have noticed though as few issues if I don't load a default plane first, but I don't see that additional 1 minute of my time as an issue.

Bought it, set texture loading to 4096....and really a big....'meh'. To comment on the texture issue, 4096 at least makes things readable, but my NGX cockpit looks much better at 1024. I think there will be a fix for this in the future though.

Besides a decent VC step up from CoolSky's previous MD-80 releases, there's not really any great leap in aircraft systems fidelity or how the plane behaves. The NavSim trainer and dynamic schematics are a neat inclusion, but the remainder of the package wasn't really that exciting.

The gauge programming and systems seem to be a rework of the Super80 package, with the inclusion of functioning circuit breakers. Even those don't really work quite right either (pulled a few of the FWD LEFT FUEL PUMP AC Phase breakers and got no annunciation). I would have thought we'd see a bit of an improvement over the Super80 in a couple areas, like actual electrical loading.

Externally isn't really something to brag about either. The McPhat textures look good, but the model itself isn't quite up to the texture's quality.

Sound wise it's pretty docile. I'm not too sure they got the JT8D's right. Super quite in the cockpit on the ground...which is probably correct, but the cockpit environment at altitude+speed is still pretty quiet. No packs sounds kinda sucks too.

Frankly, in terms of a comparable modern payware releases, this addon is a step below aircraft like QWSim's RJs overall. Systems fidelity wise it's near the NGX, and above the QW RJ....but those releases offer a much more consistent experience.

Deleting the QW 146?

Why?

Because its the only plane that gives me CTD, The NGX VNAV/LNAV is as close to perfect as you can get, when I try a hard VNAV.... its... well not good TOD is always wrong so I would sooner fly the small 736.

I think the QW 146 will be a top class aircraft but when you really push what it can do it falls, try the full LOWI and see what you get on full VNAV/LNAV. Speed also in AP is not their yet.

Hand fly and everything else is great I would IMO give it 90% and will come back to it, I did not ask for a refund.

The DC-9 I would give IMO 93%

PMDG NGX I would IMO give 99%

Don't knock something you can try for nothing if you don't like it. Don't lesson to me or anyone try it yourself you having nothing to lose apart from time. Then you have the best opinion as you can get....your own.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Just doing my first proper flight with this bird and got to say I love this bird.

Just took off from stormy Havana for Key West, and found out how nicely this aircraft reacts to turbulence... Most addon aircraft don't seem to have any real effect even with worst turbulence you can set, however this one does and behaves like I would expect an airplane to do in such a weather. Even on the ground I thought that I had accufeel on because of motions that this aircraft has by default.

Sure it still gives me a bit worse FPS than others and textures aren't as good as with some other releases, but still as a whole I think this is the best classic jet ever made for FSX together with Simcheck A300.

Don't know about sounds of this bird, at least in outside view they don't really sound like what I have seen in real DC-9 videos. Bought TSS soundpack (made for FS9 though) and now I like also that part very much.

Personally I really like the DC-9. Of course I have a soft spot in my heart for the DC-9 so my opinion may be a bit biased. Sure it has some issues that need to be addressed, but that is the nature of the beast. Espen is very, very good at supporting his creations and I am sure he will work for the next couple years improving the DC-9. For $50, again in my opinion, it was money well spent and worth every penny. Once I fixed the blurries the VC is actually quite nice, and easy to read. Frames, for me, have not been an issue = to NGX. Admittedly, the night lighting could be better, inside and out. Don't even bother with the VC dome, and I was hoping for the external lighting more in line with QW Avro, NGX and AirbusX; for me though that is not a deal breaker (I suspect the dome will be corrected in due time).

I just love the fact that you can actually fly this plane. Forget autopilot. I can't wait to master this radio navigation and then push the limits of it in some real difficult approaches.

This plane is just plain fun. I love the FDE. It flies like a dream. I can't complain at all. I am sure like the above poster that the dome and lighting will be one of the first get get fixed.

So far the only real problem I have found is sometimes the build in tutorial messes up on what panel to bring up for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still learning this plane but so far, I'm a big fan of it. The visuals are very good, the system depth is fantastic, and the supporting material (like the tutorials and NAV map/application) are a real and significant bonus.

I don't agree that the price is too much for what you get...not by a long shot. Sad to say, I've paid as much for add-ons that aren't half as good as this one.

More later as I gain some experience with the DC-9.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Looks like this one is going to be put on hold for me. I'll wait for them to fix these issues (if ever)....