Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Top 3 most impressive addon airports?

1. FSDT's KLAX

2. Orbx's KHQM (freeware)

3. Flytampa's KTPA

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1) Aerosoft Gibraltar X

2) FlyTampa Princess Juliana

3) Aerosoft Dillingham X (along with Megascenery Hawaii, might as well count all the FSDT and Newport Hawaii coverage of the island chain in there as well! :lol: )

Can't argue at all with the other choices up here, they are all greats of FS.

In my opinion:

FlyTampa - everything, but especially KaiTak (and my home airport Vienna, of course :rolleyes:

ORBX - all airports. My fav is Ketchikan.

Aerosoft - Heraklion

FSDT - KLAS, LSGG

(Listed in random order)

Regards,

Flo

FlightBeam, FSDT, Fly Tampa, UK2000, ORBX, and a few from Aerosoft. I have spent lots of money on all of the above and don't regret one purchase.

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

I would have to go with:

Kai Tak - Fly Tampa

KLAX - FSDT

EGKK (London Gatwick) - UK2000

I would also give a special mention to the hopefully soon to be out Helsinki (EFHK) from Aerosoft. The previews look amazing.

FSDreamTeam - KLAX

Aerosoft Fairbanks

ORBX

I think you said that already...

Hmm, what are the best at the moment in my view ?

I uninstalled Aerosoft EGLL and EHAM due to unaccpetable frame rate hits....

Installed EGLL UK2000 and liked it

VTSP by Asian Airport Sceneries is one of my definite favorites at the moment

and then of course the sceneries by Pacific Islands Simulation

they have so much atmosphere - I could just sit there forever and look at the vegetation and the palm leaves moving... <G>

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

One more comes to my mind: Lukla by Aerosoft. It might be a bit out of date, but the approach is most impressive!

Erhard,

I accidently posted twice...

I *am* a human. - Remember that...haha :lol:

FlyTampa St Maarten for FSX

FSDT KLAX

FSDT KLAS

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

KAI TAK- by Fly Tampa is THE most detailed and impressive airport I've seen. It is an Airbus A-380 of airport+scenery: Elegant, impresive, beautiful, busy...you name it. It's massive day and night !!!!

Orbx, all of them and all too be released in the future+EGHE Isles of Scilly by Earth Simulations(Great photoreal scenery with autogen all season textures and night lightning and alot going on around it, moving tractors, birds people, horses maybe more that i havent discovered yet)