Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Top 3 most impressive addon airports?

SFO from them is great too

Sadly, the jetways don't animate ;o(

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Flightbeam KPHX

FSDT KLAX

FSDT KLAS

Newest releases from ORBX

Worst

Imagesim KDEN. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Matt Wilson

Ack, tried the demo of KSFO from Flightbeam, eventually results in OOM error after a few minutes. Its easily loading too much it would seem. I'm amazed most of you don't OOM out with these high end huge airports?

Shame the Orbx stuff demands that you own their underlying scenery. I'd buy some of their airports otherwise.

Shame the Orbx stuff demands that you own their underlying scenery. I'd buy some of their airports otherwise.

Thats one of the things i like about Orbx, they make scenery to wrap around the airports i buy from them. And it blends pretty nicely.(Just my opinion)

My personal favorite is definitely FSDT's KFLL, followed closely by their KLAS and KDFW. Not harsh on the frames and beautiful.

Great choice my friend. KFLL is a lovely scenery.

Cielosim-Sig.png

Repaint Requests - Get your OWN custom repaint

Actually, you don't necessarily need an ORBX area in order to install an airport from them, but you'll miss some special features, such as the 3D grass, and also the "Flow" things(not sure about that, though). But it definitely works. I myself bought "Walter Sutton's" without having PNW first, and I loved it. Still, if you'd get the whole area, it'll look a lot better!

Regards,

Flo

Always a challenge to limit oneself to three, but my tops are:

Fly Tampa Kai Tak - The sheer size and detail of the addon continues to make this among the most impressive airports ever delivered. I have yet to see anyone deliver a "night glow" over a major city before or since.

SunSkyJet KPHL - Shez took his years of developing skills of free airports, added Ian into the mix and has created a most impressive airport that rivals any payware addon, yet once again donated it to the community. Most impressive freeware!

Orbx - While I could not place my finger on one particular airport, Orbx has put the "cool factor" back to flying into small GA airports and airstrips buy combining innovative techniques (peopleflow, extreme hi-res custom ground textures, innovative modeling techniques, etc.) with some of the most skilled developers of our time. Most impressive.

BONUS!!!! - (sorry, thought I could keep it to three) - For most "impressive price" for what you get I would have to tip the hat to the recent Aerosoft UScitiesX - Los Angeles. For the typical price of an airport you get a nicely detailed Catalina airport KAVX but also thrown in are nearly 80 miles of detailed areas surrounding it! 5000+ custom buildings (innovative custom sketchup modeling), detail hi-res ground textures, and more custom autogen than you can think of. I think they should be rewarded with "most impressive value".

Clutch

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Orbx - While I could not place my finger on one particular airport, Orbx has put the "cool factor" back to flying into small GA airports and airstrips buy combining innovative techniques (peopleflow, extreme hi-res custom ground textures, innovative modeling techniques, etc.) with some of the most skilled developers of our time. Most impressive.

Agree, have a hard time finding a favorite among them, they all are unique and spesial in their own ways.

But love the new "creature flow" at Lands Inn, had many go arounds just because some cows decided to wander into the runway :P

I'm not into large hubs these days, did it for more than 20 years and now I am mostly flying low and slow. (Blame it to Flight)

Cheers

I just very hesitantly reinstalled Fsx yesterday and am in the same boat. After flight I feel like I can approach Fsx from a new perspective; that is, not nearly as attracted as in the past to big, heavy frame chugging accesorys, and tweaking to get them to behave acceptably.

Up until about a year ago I purchased everything Orbx released, and FSDT as well, but I am loathe to reinstall any of it. The beauty and simplicity of places such as Flytampas Kai Tak, and Princess Juliana call to me much more strongly now.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I just very hesitantly reinstalled Fsx yesterday and am in the same boat. After flight I feel like I can approach Fsx from a new perspective; that is, not nearly as attracted as in the past to big, heavy frame chugging accesorys, and tweaking to get them to behave acceptably.

Up until about a year ago I purchased everything Orbx released, and FSDT as well, but I am loathe to reinstall any of it. The beauty and simplicity of places such as Flytampas Kai Tak, and Princess Juliana call to me much more strongly now.

I don't see this fuzz about Flight running so smooth. My FSX with all the Orbx stuff runs even greater than Flight ever did for me, and sure hell looks alot better than Flight Alaska, and even hawaii.

Offcourse I have to tick out some options at the most demanding airports closest too Seattle but not so much that i ruins the expirience, It's still amazing and full off LIFE!!. Not like the Post Apocalyptic dead world that MS Flight offered.

Here I go again ^_^ :huh: :ph34r: Sorry guys Flight Is a F... word in my head....

I also like some of the smaller standalone offerings from Aerosoft such as any of their small island scenery, such as Tahiti.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1. AS: Munich

2. FT: Vienna

3. AS: Anchorage together with Lake Hood seaplane base.

it was difficult to exclude FSDT KLAX/ KORD or ORBX KJAC/PAKT. But in the moment I prefer those I mentioned first.

Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).